Posts by GhostProtocolXL

has happened to me also, i think i died like exactly same time as i used the drone and after i respawned i had a laws on my hand without being able to place it

My experience is different when it comes to this glitch/bug. When I bring up the LAWS, it just stays stuck in my hand I can't literally do nothing until someone kills me. I faced this many times and I never died while deploying it but this still stays on my hand for no reason.

If you notice in the video, the player models hand is out as if like he's holding a weapon but usually when you deploy LAWS, it doesn't show the hand.

I'm having this glitch where when I deploy LAWS, it gets stuck to my hand and neither I can't place it nor I can switch it back and it just stays there until I die.

I was having this issue before but I thought after the update it might get fixed but today I still facing it.

Here's a video proof:

I know about that, but his issue is that he has a higher ping to a servers that’s probably closer to him.

However, Netcode changes are happening regardless as you might have read in the HQ Report above. ;)

Exactly! In previous betas, I used to connect to Germany and used to get 170-180 ping where now I get 350+ which is almost the double amount.

Also, will netcode fix also eliminate kill-trade?

Just tested on Speedtest and on Berlin, I tested on with 5 options and I get 170-180 ping on 4 of them and 360-380 on just one option. And North Virginia one, I get 250-400 pings mostly.

Doing speedtests to completely different servers has nothing to do with Ironsight's sever. The routing is different therefore you'll get higher/lower ping in the same city from different sources.

Agree but from the speedtest, I might not find the exact value but I atleast can find what can my estimated ping be.

In the early betas, I used to get connected to "Gamigo AG" server that was in Germany and I used to get like what I said in that comment, 170-180 ping. So in that sense, speedtest is showing a very similar result for me.

Depends on where exactly you live in Asia. It might be possible that the North American servers are closer to you than the European servers.

Just tested on Speedtest and on Berlin, I tested on with 5 options and I get 170-180 ping on 4 of them and 360-380 on just one option. And North Virginia one, I get 250-400 pings mostly.

Thats our protection against any server attacks. EU servers are in Berlin and the NA servers are in North Virginia. I think you can trust us on that. ^^

I guess that makes sense but why Cali everytime? that definitely got me. But still not understanding why I get less ping in NA compare to EU.

They are still the same servers. Restart the client as soon as you changed the region, that might solve your issue. And the NA servers are in North Virginia and not in California. ;)

Here's some examples:
    I just played a match by choosing "Europe" where I get 350+ pings. Heres the ips that the game connected while I was in the match:
    IS 2.jpg

As you can see, there's 3 ips that the game connected and 2 of them are connected and the second ip (35.198.117.127) has the most DL & UL and lets see wheres that ip from:

screenshot-tools.keycdn.com-2018.07.24-21-21-23.png

Ok, let's just say that it was a fluke, so then lets see where's the other connected ip (104.155.67.103) is from:

screenshot-tools.keycdn.com-2018.07.24-21-25-34.png

See? both of the ips are showing it's location as California, US. If you want more proof, I can show you.

The servers are still the same.

As I said in before, in CBT, SST, TBT & in the starting part of OBT (before the ddos) it used "Gamigo Servers" but now it uses servers from "Google" or "Amazon" and almost everytime when I choose EU, it still puts me in a server which is from California.

Very skeptical about how that ping restriction gonna help me, maybe from the sense that me with 250-380 ping play with other 250-380 ping players idk, but I'm still not sure about it.

And sir, you didn't answer my last part which is "atleast you guys can turn on the Gamigo Servers again that were used in CBT, SST, TBT & in the starting of OBT in EU cause I used to get 150-170 pings on EU where now I get 350+ ping."

Well good report I must say (many AAA publishers should take notes from you guys) but after reading the "Geographical Coverage", I'm heavily disappointed to say the least.

I don't know how things works when it comes to setting new servers to a region, it might be hard idk but I still can't forgive this game for leaving Asia in the dark. Like why? Out of every region, Asia is the best place for Free2Play games and there's still no plan for adding server in this region?!?

Seems like #southamericanservers campaign aka spamming this comment on every post tactic worked (since you guys added this on the report) and Asian players should've spammed too instead of being nice. GG to the South American playerbase.

Oh and another thing, atleast you guys can turn on the Gamigo Servers again that were used in CBT, SST, TBT & in the starting of OBT in EU cause I used to get 150-170 pings on EU where now I get 350+ ping.

Should I just send a message to one of the Community Manager or do I have to do something else?

Well seems like I was right in my last message and you need to purchase a Founders Pack in order to get that Dog Tag. Sorry if I missed it but I don't think I've seen anything about this on any other posts.

And good to know that my participation in OBT and other tests were all for nothing just because I didn't purchase any founders pack...

Dog Tag.jpg

Well now the support is saying that I'm not even registered in the CBT list :| seems like I played different game in November & December of 2017.

Same thing happened with me,I gave up.

I showed him an email which told me that I was eligible to participate in CBT and his reply is telling me that it might only applicable for those who purchased "Founder's Pack" which is weird cause I thought everyone that participated in CBT will get the dog tag ?(

Changed my ISP today with Fiber optic connection and the ping is still 350+ so I guess now it's officially proven that it's not a problem from my end.

Edit: And I still get freeze with 1000+ ping.

i'm playing from SA on NA servers and i get 120-130 ping (totally acceptable, i dont mind distance lag at all) but out of nowhere i start getting these 1k-2k lagspikes rendering the game unplayable; and its the only game where this happens. i really like Ironsight but if they don't fix the spikes i'll have to give up on it :(

Edit: tried today at a friend's place with a different ISP and he has the same issues. It has to be related to the routing. shame they won't let give us the IP to do a tracert

Exactly! I have played many games and on those games, not only I get like 170-180 ping on EU unlike Ironsight but also face no lag or ping spike or fluctuations.

I remember Ironsight used to use servers from gamigo on CBT and almost all the betas before the ddos attack, and that time I didn't face any issues like this and didn't had 300+ ping on EU lobbies. Idk what went wrong for them. I'm hoping that in main release things will be fixed but since in their future plan they have no plan to add any servers to Asia or SEA region, I can't say I'm hopeful about this game ;(

You should have better ping on korean servers btw... :)

Yeah cause atleast Korea is in Asia but one, I don't think I've ever connected to any Korean lobby (used to login to an ip that was from Germany and it located to a Gamigo AG server before the ddos fiasco) and two, in HQ report 1, they showed no plan to set a server in Asian region so can't say that I have any other option left except EU even in full release.

So,you want to play on eu servers? Same would be for me if i would play on NA servers...

As I mentioned in the previous comment that before the ddos, I used to get very decent ping but after that, I'm having this high ping so Idk what happened to the server. And most of the time the game just puts me in lobbies from Cali, US so me choosing EU is pretty much meaningless here.

Yeah I read the post about it yesterday but after all this maintenance, nothing has fixed for me and most of the time it got even worse so I feel like it's time for me to stop playing the open beta. I'm really sick & tired of getting my hopes up before a maintenance and then immediately going down after I play match with 350+ ping and random freeze with thousand or more ping.

Bro, I would not advise you to play with ping 350. From where do you play?

I play with a ping of 40-70 but players with ping 20 shoot at me through the walls.

I play from Bangladesh. Before the ddos attack, I didnt had this ridiculous amount of ping (180 was the highest ping and everything was fine) before but now not only it's stays around 350+ but there's ping fluctuations, freezing with thousand pings, dying while on the other side of the wall, people going through the wall, dying from just getting hit by 1 bullet, my bullets hits the ragdoll but the bullets don't register, completely buggy highlights at the end etc. I feel like I've given OBT enough chances and it has now reached the final strike = OUT point so I'm finally done with this.

Yeah I read the post about it yesterday but after all this maintenance, nothing has fixed for me and most of the time it got even worse so I feel like it's time for me to stop playing the open beta. I'm really sick & tired of getting my hopes up before a maintenance and then immediately going down after I play match with 350+ ping and random freeze with thousand or more ping.

Update after last maintenance (11th April 2018):

Simply nothing. I guess this is it for me. Just gonna wait for the main release cause every time I play this game after the server maintenance, I just get more and more disappointed and my patience has reached it's limit. Good Luck!

Btw, I'm not bashing the game, it was fun while it lasted and I really want to see this game succeed.

Yup read that but if you're talking about the map in "Supporting new regions and languages" then they have only marked Brazil/South America and Russia for the new servers. Where exactly did you read that they are going to have a server in Asia?

Well the Asian part of Russia was marked..So I thought they would be implement an Asian server

I dun think they would make a Russian server rest of the servers are continent based..Idk;(

I would say that's server is solely for Russia cause it's a very big country and most of the time I notice a lot of Russian players both in chat and in the game. And about South American server, South American players write #southamericanserversplease pretty much on every Ironsight post I see in Facebook so the Ironsight devs are hearing them out too. I guess we, the Asian players has to start a hashtag trend too just like South American :P

Update after last maintenance (23 March 2018):

Same as before ;( High ping, ping fluctuation, freeze with 1000+ ping etc.

Dun worry xD

Asian servers are coming

Check out HQ Report 1

Yup read that but if you're talking about the map in "Supporting new regions and languages" then they have only marked Brazil/South America and Russia for the new servers. Where exactly did you read that they are going to have a server in Asia?

Update after last maintenance (20 March 2018):

Even though in the first match I played after the maintenance, the ping was 300+ once again but just played some matches and the ping was back to 200+ but my god the ping fluctuation and freeze with 1000+ ping has increased to a whole new level! Literally I see people not only going through wall but they are appearing outta nowhere and kills me. Thankfully the game is still on beta so even though I'm furious that I can't enjoy the game but at the same time, I'm hopeful as well :)

Update after last maintenance (16 March 2018):

Now the ping has decreased quite a bit and stays around like 230-270 but the ping fluctuations and freeze with 1000+ pings still happening. About the server, it's still like the last update where some matches I connect to an EU ip and in other matches I connect to that same old California, US ip.

Things are definitely looking up for me. Hoping that after some maintenance, things will go back like it was in the CBT, Server stress test, Tech-beta test and the starting period of OBT :)

Update last maintenance (13 March 2018):

Even though the ping is still around 340-380 (choosing Europe from the launcher as always) but now it seems like in some matches I connect to an EU ip and in other matches I connect to that same old California, US ip :/ Don't know whats going on.

After the maintenance, I played two match and it had no ping fluctuation or freezes whatsoever and thought maybe I should start playing again but holy hell, just played like 4-5 matches and man every one of them had ping spike upto 700, freezing and all the BS deaths like dying from invisible players, dying after going in cover, dying just by 1-2 bullets with full health or after respawn (just played one match where I got killed by an AK47 with one bullet and my health was full!).

I really love this game, I really do but this kinds of things are keeping me off the game and I'm just hoping that all of these will be fixed

Thanks and I just checked and the first two ip's are showing US as it's location. Interesting that now you're also facing my issues aswell. This started after the last maintenance right bro?