Posts by lvnna

Wow, thank you guys! I'm glad you liked my main menu theme, means a lot! I'm looking forward to creating more and more content for this awesome game :)

Hi everyone. I've been playing the game for a couple weeks now and I became interested with the work on the UI design. I found the menu to be really nice for the most part, but I think it could be improved a lot. I tried making a short video with a concept for a dark theme. Ideally it'd be great if we had an option to choose for either a dark or a light theme like in most apps. I like that we have our main character in the middle, but it would be pretty cool if we were doing some cool pose while zoomed in the main menu. This would also fit well with a character creation tool, adding a lot more of customization and personality to the game.

I also took the liberty of creating a new chat box (you can see in more detail here https://i.imgur.com/ca32UeR.png), as I found that the current one is too cluttered. This one is resizeable, has all the channels we have in the current state of the game, and you can switch between channels by pressing tab or clicking on the arrow keys. You can also change the position of the chat box, as well as it's size, and obviously minimize it if you want to. The player level section of the HUD was changed to fit the dark theme, but I think it looks great if it's more simplistic, like in Ubisoft's The Division.

The main menu theme is also important. I think that it's a simple, catchy melody, but it could use a more interesting arrangement and a more epic feeling overall. I started working on writing a reorchestration of the current theme and I should be posting it in the coming weeks. I used a theme from Call Of Duty WW2 as I believe it's a great song that gets you pumped for going into battle.

The main menu is a very important part of the game, and where we'll spend most of our time outside of matches. I'd love to hear your feedback on this; feel free to share any ideas or constructive criticism, let's keep the discussion flowing! :)