Posts by PGillner

Hey PGillner,

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I have 2 questions for you:

• How would you recommend to change the snipers?
    • An API can contain different features, can you specify more on this front?

Best,

• The snipers do not need to be changed if the AR's are buffed, but if you're specifically looking for sniper nerfs. Nerfing the ADS times and time between shots would be a really good start.
    • The API would mainly be focused around creating and managing custom matches and the scores associated with those. Say I wanna set up a bot that could automatically create custom lobbies for competitive matches to be played in. The bot could then also record the stats of each player as well as the match score, this would make it easier for organizers to set up games as well as report them.

Introduction

Hey, my name's Philip, or more commonly known as PGillner. I'm currently in possession of the second highest (Known to me) K/D in the game. As well as ranked (Currently) number 26 in the global in-game ranked system leaderboard. I'm currently a part of Skaikru as an AR player.

Be Ware!

I think IronSight is a really fun and enjoyable game. And for any new players that read this, IronSight is not a game I wouldn't recommend. However, I am gonna be very critical in this post, maybe even to the point were it would seems that I hate the game. Do not think I do, cause IronSight is the most fun game I've played in a very long time.

Layout

Here you're gonna see a list off all the points I'm gonna be discussing and giving my opinion on. The points are gonna appear further down in the post in the same order as they are displayed here.

• Snipers
    • Assault Rifles
    • Netcode
    • Lag/delay compensation
    • Custom Games
    • In-Game Ranked
    • IronSight API
    • Hacking/Cheating
    • Reports
    • Hit Registration
    • Maps
    • Movement
    • Glitches
    • FFA
    • In-Game Music

• Snipers

• This might not apply to the general public or to the casual crowd. However, anyone who's played competitively or against multiple snipers should be able to agree with this point. Snipers are completely broken in the right hands. If not for the agreed upon rule that there may only be 1 sniper per team in competitive games, there would in 90% of the teams be 5 snipers. Due to the slower time to kill in IronSight compared to a game like CoD, snipers, having the ability to 1-shot. If so even by chance makes them incredibly powerful, borderline broken. And when you then factor in that the sniper may be in the hands of a good player, snipers are completely broken and overpowered. Here on EU we have a ranked PUG Discord were above average and competitive players queue up and play against each other. On the discord the 2 highest rated players are both snipers. I'm not bashing their skill, cause they are really good. But against a good player, or any above average player using one of the bolt-action snipers, there's 0 things, as an AR player, you can do to counter them that does not require luck. At the moment there only exists 3 counters to snipers. 1. Another sniper. 2. Luck. 3. Crossbow and luck. Some of you might say that you can just "out-aim" the sniper or play close-range against them. Sadly none of those things work except if a. You're lucky. or b. They're bad.
      • What to do?

• Nerf snipers.
        • Buff assault rifles.
        • Add a reliable counter to sniper (Not a score-/time-streak).
    • Assault Rifles
      • This point ties in with the previous one. Theres only 2 reasons ARs neesd to be buffed/changed. It's because of how strong snipers are at a competitive level. As well as that ARs are basically just close- to mid-range SMGs.
      • What to do?

• Nerf snipers.
        • Buff assault rifles.
    • Netcode

• The netcode for the shooting aspect of the game is fine, and actually above average. However the movement part is what's bad. I'm sure most, if not all players have experienced getting shot before you can see the enemy or after you've ran behind cover. So this should be an obvious point and one of the highest on the "must fix list".
      • What to do?

• Bring the delay for movement down to the shooting delay.
    • Lag/delay compensation
      • This point ties in with the previous one. Due to how this game handles lag compensation you will often experience people running THROUGH walls or shooting you THROUGH walls or even worse. Up to 1 second after they've died. I'm sure this is a point everybody's experienced and I don't think I need to explain why this should be fixed/changed. Sure, this might've been implemented with good intentions so that everybody, regardless of their internet connection can play IronSight. I do see the meaning of why this feature exists however the way it's been implemented was/is not good.
      • What to do?

• Fix/change the lag compensation.
    • Custom Games

• This point's more of a checklist of features that are MUSTS and wants for custom games.
      • What to do?

• Password protection. (MUST and fast)
        • Spectator mode. (MUST)
        • UI where you can change the settings of the game.
          • HP values.
          • Damage Values.
          • Bots.
          • Time values.
          • Restrictions on guns/equipment.
            • Set the amount of guns/equipment from a specific category that each team are able to start with.
            • Ban certain guns/equipment.
          • HS only.
        • See what clan people belong to inside of custom lobbies.
    • In-Game Ranked
      • The current in-game ranked system does (to my knowledge) not have any match making system. Therefore the ranked lobbies are filled up with randoms and the teams are then balanced afterwards. This leads to players like me, being put into lobbies like this:
      Me (Master) Random (Master or lower)
      Random (Gold)

Random (Gold)
      Random (Gold) Random (Gold)
      Random (Silver) Random (Silver)
      Ranked is supposed to be a mode where you can test your skills against other good players. It's not meant to be a mode that displays how good you are at slaying "bad" or below average players (Not meant to offend any gold/silver players).
      • What to do?
        • Add some sort of mm-system to ranked.
    • IronSight API
      • This point isn't really anything necessary it's more of a quality of life change. An API for IronSight would be really neat for websites and communities that arrange competitive game to make sure that the matches are set up correctly as well as to automatically grab the result of the match as well as the stats for each individual player.
      • What to do?

• Make an IronSight API.
    • Hacking/Cheating
      • I've seen a huge increase in cheaters this past week. These cheaters, although clearly hacking have often been able to play, using cheats for multiple days before being banned. A decrease in the time to ban players would be appreciated.
      • What to do?

• Decrease time of cheaters being able to play the game.
    • Reports

• Being reported freezes you game for a time between 10-30 seconds. This isn't optimal, especially not for above average players that are reported without a legitimate reason. As well as reports being abused to hinder players from defusing bomb in SnD. Take me for example, on average I get reported about 2-4 times per game. Reports usually result in me or the reported person being killed. Which obviously affects the player experience negatively.
      • What to do?

• Fix/change reports.
    • Hit Registration
      • There are way too many times when your crosshair is on an enemy an a shot is fired, that blood comes from the enemy but you do not receive a hitmarker, nor do they take damage. I'm not sure what this is because, it might just be misalignment of hitboxes. Either way this should be fixed ASAP.
      • What to do?
        • Fix hit registration to always register shot that should hit. (MUST and fast)
    • Maps
      • Most of the maps are well designed. However due to the massive moving parts of certain maps they are unusable in competitive play. Winning or losing on these maps may sometimes be up to RNG which isn't optimal. These maps should either be redesigned or an option should be added to custom games that allow for you to play the maps with the moving parts already in place.
      • What to do?

• Redesign maps or add options to custom games.
    • Movement
      • Once again, the netcode needs to be fixed. The main point of this was to suggest a change, it's quite often that I walk up to an area that indicates that you can vault over or on top of it. However when you go up to it and press the jump key your character just just in place. There should be a feature that let's you know when you can actually vault over something.
      • What to do?

• Add indicator to vaulting.
    • Glitches
      • There's several glitches that can be performed on multiple maps using 2 players. There's also certain spots where you can glitch yourself out of the intended playable area.
      • What to do?

• Fix the collision between player and fix the vulnerable glitch spots.
    • FFA
      • Why isn't FFA a public mode?
      • What to do?

• Make FFA a public playlist.
    • In-Game Music
      • Why isn't there an option to disable the obnoxious music that is played when the bomb is planted in SnD.
      • What to do?

• Add an option to disable the music!

I would recommend trying to fix/implement most of these changes as soon as possible to ensure that players see that changes are made and that there's a reason for them to stick around.

Edit:

• Fix bugs.
      • Tapping rapidly is both faster and more accurate then spraying.
      • Knife sometimes 1-shots but other times it doesn't?!
      • Certain scopes are not accurate when firing.
    • Quality of life
      • Quick scope sight and clear sight has red dots too big.
      • Weapon stats are not accurate
      • Predictable instead of random spray patterns.
    • Custom Games
      • Add the option to not allow score-/time-streaks.

While in a hellbird and you "aim down sight" using the right mouse button your sensitivity goes up by quite a substantial amount, I am assuming that it is meant for it to use the same modifier as the "scope sensitivity one".

Introduction

Hey, my name's Philip, or more commonly known as PGillner. I'm currently in possession of the second highest (Known to me) K/D in the game. As well as ranked (Currently) number 26 in the global in-game ranked system leaderboard. I'm currently a part of Skaikru as an AR player.

Be Ware!

I think IronSight is a really fun and enjoyable game. And for any new players that read this, IronSight is not a game I wouldn't recommend. However, I am gonna be very critical in this post, maybe even to the point were it would seems that I hate the game. Do not think I do, cause IronSight is the most fun game I've played in a very long time.

Layout

Here you're gonna see a list off all the points I'm gonna be discussing and giving my opinion on. The points are gonna appear further down in the post in the same order as they are displayed here.

• Snipers
    • Assault Rifles
    • Netcode
    • Lag/delay compensation
    • Custom Games
    • In-Game Ranked
    • IronSight API
    • Hacking/Cheating
    • Reports
    • Hit Registration
    • Maps
    • Movement
    • Glitches
    • FFA
    • In-Game Music

• Snipers
      • This might not apply to the general public or to the casual crowd. However, anyone who's played competitively or against multiple snipers should be able to agree with this point. Snipers are completely broken in the right hands. If not for the agreed upon rule that there may only be 1 sniper per team in competitive games, there would in 90% of the teams be 5 snipers. Due to the slower time to kill in IronSight compared to a game like CoD, snipers, having the ability to 1-shot. If so even by chance makes them incredibly powerful, borderline broken. And when you then factor in that the sniper may be in the hands of a good player, snipers are completely broken and overpowered. Here on EU we have a ranked PUG Discord were above average and competitive players queue up and play against each other. On the discord the 2 highest rated players are both snipers. I'm not bashing their skill, cause they are really good. But against a good player, or any above average player using one of the bolt-action snipers, there's 0 things, as an AR player, you can do to counter them that does not require luck. At the moment there only exists 3 counters to snipers. 1. Another sniper. 2. Luck. 3. Crossbow and luck. Some of you might say that you can just "out-aim" the sniper or play close-range against them. Sadly none of those things work except if a. You're lucky. or b. They're bad.
      • What to do?
        • Nerf snipers.
        • Buff assault rifles.
    • Assault Rifles
      • This point ties in with the previous one. Theres only 2 reasons ARs neesd to be buffed/changed. It's because of how strong snipers are at a competitive level. As well as that ARs are basically just close- to mid-range SMGs.
      • What to do?
        • Nerf snipers.
        • Buff assault rifles.
    • Netcode
      • The netcode for the shooting aspect of the game is fine, and actually above average. However the movement part is what's bad. I'm sure most, if not all players have experienced getting shot before you can see the enemy or after you've ran behind cover. So this should be an obvious point and one of the highest on the "must fix list".
      • What to do?
        • Bring the delay for movement down to the shooting delay.
    • Lag/delay compensation
      • This point ties in with the previous one. Due to how this game handles lag compensation you will often experience people running THROUGH walls or shooting you THROUGH walls or even worse. Up to 1 second after they've died. I'm sure this is a point everybody's experienced and I don't think I need to explain why this should be fixed/changed. Sure, this might've been implemented with good intentions so that everybody, regardless of their internet connection can play IronSight. I do see the meaning of why this feature exists however the way it's been implemented was/is not good.
      • What to do?

• Fix/change the lag compensation.
    • Custom Games
      • This point's more of a checklist of features that are MUSTS and wants for custom games.
      • What to do?
        • Password protection. (MUST and fast)
        • Spectator mode. (MUST)
        • UI where you can change the settings of the game.
          • HP values.
          • Damage Values.
          • Bots.
          • Time values.
          • Restrictions on guns/equipment.
            • Set the amount of guns/equipment from a specific category that each team are able to start with.
            • Ban certain guns/equipment.
          • HS only.
        • See what clan people belong to inside of custom lobbies.
    • In-Game Ranked
      • The current in-game ranked system does (to my knowledge) not have any match making system. Therefore the ranked lobbies are filled up with randoms and the teams are then balanced afterwards. This leads to players like me, being put into lobbies like this:
      Me (Master) Random (Master or lower)
      Random (Gold)
      Random (Gold)
      Random (Gold) Random (Gold)
      Ranked is supposed to be a mode where you can test your skills against other good players. It's not meant to be a mode that displays how good you are at slaying "bad" or below average players (Not meant to offend any gold/silver players).
      • What to do?
        • Add some sort of mm-system to ranked.
    • IronSight API
      • This point isn't really anything necessary it's more of a quality of life change. An API for IronSight would be really neat for websites and communities that arrange competitive game to make sure that the matches are set up correctly as well as to automatically grab the result of the match as well as the stats for each individual player.
      • What to do?

• Make an IronSight API.
    • Hacking/Cheating
      • I've seen a huge increase in cheaters this past week. These cheaters, although clearly hacking have often been able to play, using cheats for multiple days before being banned. A decrease in the time to ban players would be appreciated.
      • What to do?

• Decrease time of cheaters being able to play the game.
    • Reports
      • Being reported freezes you game for a time between 10-30 seconds. This isn't optimal, especially not for above average players that are reported without a legitimate reason. As well as reports being abused to hinder players from defusing bomb in SnD. Take me for example, on average I get reported about 2-4 times per game. Reports usually result in me or the reported person being killed. Which obviously affects the player experience negatively.
      • What to do?

• Fix/change reports.
    • Hit Registration
      • There are way too many times when your crosshair is on an enemy an a shot is fired, that blood comes from the enemy but you do not receive a hitmarker, nor do they take damage. I'm not sure what this is because, it might just be misalignment of hitboxes. Either way this should be fixed ASAP.
      • What to do?
        • Fix hit registration to always register shot that should hit. (MUST and fast)
    • Maps
      • Most of the maps are well designed. However due to the massive moving parts of certain maps they are unusable in competitive play. Winning or losing on these maps may sometimes be up to RNG which isn't optimal. These maps should either be redesigned or an option should be added to custom games that allow for you to play the maps with the moving parts already in place.
      • What to do?

• Redesign maps or add options to custom games.
    • Movement
      • Once again, the netcode needs to be fixed. The main point of this was to suggest a change, it's quite often that I walk up to an area that indicates that you can vault over or on top of it. However when you go up to it and press the jump key your character just just in place. There should be a feature that let's you know when you can actually vault over something.
      • What to do?

• Add indicator to vaulting.
    • Glitches
      • There's several glitches that can be performed on multiple maps using 2 players. There's also certain spots where you can glitch yourself out of the intended playable area.
      • What to do?

• Fix the collision between player and fix the vulnerable glitch spots.
    • FFA
      • Why isn't FFA a public mode?
      • What to do?

• Make FFA a public playlist.
    • In-Game Music
      • Why isn't there an option to disable the obnoxious music that is played when the bomb is planted in SnD.
      • What to do?

• Add an option to disable the music!

I would recommend trying to fix/implement most of these changes as soon as possible to ensure that players see that changes are made and that there's a reason for them to stick around.

Edit:

• Fix bugs.
      • Tapping rapidly is both faster and more accurate then spraying.
      • Knife sometimes 1-shots but other times it doesn't?!
      • Certain scopes are not accurate when firing.
    • Quality of life
      • Quick scope sight and clear sight has red dots too big.
      • Weapon stats are not accurate
      • Predictable instead of random spray patterns.
    • Custom Games
      • Add the option to not allow score-/time-streaks.