Posts by jord56

Thats fine, your welcome to have your own opinion....I know at least for me the ar's shouldn't of got changed now they are in a worst state....Before this patch the ar stats were in a good place now they aren't. Had 15 games last monday and the majority of the players are using SMG's...ironsight is now all hipfiring and toxic af....don't get me wrong ironsight is still the best free to play fps game out there but in my opinion they should of left the AR's alone and nerfed the smg's and snipers...

SMG's can be just as effective at ar range....which they shouldn't be because then there isn't any pro to using an ar over an smg....I get hipfired from medium range where AR's should have the upper hand compared to the smgs...but for some reason the smg are better all around which is why you are seeing everyone using SMG's over AR's

anyways, this is what i notice and feel and you can agree or disagree my thought are here for the devs mostly....

Here is what they need to do and hope they do;

Revert the assault rifle stats back to what they were

Nerf smg's more they are still far Superior then assault rifles.....still not sure how to balance this. Maybe, reduce the smgs dmg at the medium range to stop players from hipfiring at a effect ar ranges. basically, you can hitfire the p90, mp5, and the pp9000 at an effective range close to the ar's so there isn't really a incentive to choose assault rifles when you have Smg's that have more fire rate and better accuracy and give you the same range.....idk if this is making sense hehe...hard to explain

Snipers need more penalty DSR, Blazer so many quick scopes....the quick scopers need to go and play krunker,io and leave ironsight alone hahah

Yeah, i totally understand your reasoning behind asking me to elaborate on some suggestions for progression. I can think of plenty ways to increase progression in the game, but 100% know the devs wouldn't use my suggestions in the game anyways. This is why, its best for me just to give my general opinion of a specific part of the game that I don't like and be vague about it.

My current opinion still stand " The progression system needs work ", now whether the devs see this and take note that others feel the same way is up to them. All i know is the current progression is going to be a negative for new players once they release this game on steam because there is really nothing noticeable to strive for aside from ranks, camo's and weapon attachments which can quickly be unlocked at low weapon levels.

Some Crazy Ideas

I liked the random weapon variants in advanced warfare was a nice touch, gave you a sense of progression that you had a chance of gaining something new just by playing the game....too bad that game failed because of other reasons

Roblox Phantom Force - This simple FPS has more sense of progression then Ironsight, The amount of camo's alone is just amazing and has a crate system.....

Camo System Idea Apart From The Standard One....An Extra Camo System Example

I can't remember where i saw it but didn't they mention they would release this game on steam? If yes. Then this would lead me to an example of an easy way of making people want to keep playing.

Adding another currency which could be obtained many ways going to just attach it to a non existing system. But, say you gained this other currently from random ingame pop up events,....Okay so you do these and you gain said currency.

Well, since this game would be on steam in this senerio. The devs could open up the workshop to allow users to submit their own weapon camo's and these camo's could be added to lets say a create which would cost xxx of this random currency

• How would you change how they unlock camos? Simply asserting "Change it, but I don't know how" isn't particularly useful.
    • What would a prestige system look like, considering that no one I know of has reached the max level?
    • How would a better progression system look like, and why is the current one "horribly balanced"? (in regards to what?)

Umm, well its not my job to come up with a better system then the current one. I'm just a player relaying my opinion. its up to them "the devs" to see if they could make it better and what direction to take to improve the camo system, adding rebirth/prestige mechanics, ways to improve progression. Currently, when playing ironsight i don't feel a sense of progression aside from the standard fps mechanics ranks, achievements and daily missions.

They have the massive level and weapon level limit to implement some sort of weapon prestige and level prestige mechanic to the game to keep us playing. I know if they got into a room for 1 week and strategized on more progression they could come up with something better then the generic progression we have right now currently.

Nowadays, people like to be rewarded like in clicker games/incremental games and seems like another developer has made a fps have these rewarding and addicting mechanics where you have a sense of progression " Time Warpers". Now, don't get me confused with me trying to say ironsight needs these types of features no....but when it comes to progression the devs could get some inspiration from clicker games.

Can say i'm addicted to roblox simulator games because they have such a balanced sense of progression.... games like " Mining Simulator" and yes once again i know Ironsight is an fps game, but doesn't mean they can't model mechanics from these other games and make it into there own "progression system"..

Camo System Idea Apart From The Standard One....An Extra Camo System Example

I can't remember where i saw it but didn't they mention they would release this game on steam? If yes. Then this would lead me to an example of an easy way of making people want to keep playing.

Adding another currency which could be obtained many ways going to just attach it to a non existing system. But, say you gained this other currently from random ingame pop up events,....Okay so you do these and you gain said currency.

Well, since this game would be on steam in this senerio. The devs could open up the workshop to allow users to submit their own weapon camo's and these camo's could be added to lets say a create which would cost xxx of this random currency

Could you guys reply, with a yes or no to the question below and then below it state why you think its a yes or no

( Yes or No) Do you think hip firing is too op & needs to be adjusted?

Additional Thoughts About Hip Firing

I feel hip fire to me is too op on smg's the (accuracy, range, bullet spread) , I have been killed many many times from a players using an smg (Hip Firing) at an unrealistic range.

So, basically to me when you are hip firing with an smg its comparable to when you ads with an assault rifle that has the red dot sight in terms of accuracy and range. Because of the less recoil, higher fire rate and how hip firing isn't punishing enough on the smg's.

Assault Rifles

Pros

• Good At long Range
    • More dmg

Cons

• Limited Ammo ( Depends On Which Ars)
    • Higher Recoil, which means less accurate
    • Lower fire rate

SMG'S

Pros

• Higher Rate of fire Then AR'S - Which means more chances to land bullets when hip firing RNG
    • Less Recoil - Benefits Hip Fire Play style
    • Hip Firing Is Not Punished In Terms of Bullet Spread and The Range Is Ridiculous
    • More Ammo
    • Mobility

Cons

• Long Range When You ADS With SMG'S ; Isn't as good as Assault Rifles Long Range When You ADS
    • DMG Loss

This game has its issues, if they just listen to the community thats still trying to keep this game alive it would be a solid free to play fps game. Even in its current state its the best free to play fps game out their.

Hello everyone :)

So, have about 58 hours and 15 minutes of total playtime in game and have tried every AR, SMG and Sniper in the game. I also was playing the game prior net-code patch so have an understanding of how the game was before and after.

Ability To Avoid Players

This, would be nice to right click a player in game and say avoid from match making...Yeah their is a downside longer que times but idc....

Ability To Re-Que & Match With Different Players

This is frustrating.....when you match with players that have huge ping differences or you just want to start fresh and play with new players. In the games current state this is hard to do because every time I've tried leaving the lobby and waiting 30 secs to 1 minutes clicking play and then end up with the same players again.

Punish Hip Fire More

I feel hip fire isn't balanced enough, basically there is not really a downside in hip fire vs when you ads. Hip firing accuracy is too good basically the same as when you ads but with hip fire minus some range. You know when hip firing is unbalanced when its Superior then when you ads....idk is it just me that feels this way

LMG NERF

LMG's are tremulously overpowered enough said ^^

Add the ability to cook grenades

This is a 50/50 for me their are pros and cons with this...let me know what you all think

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change The Way You Unlock Camo's

I currently don't like the way you unlock camo's in this game compared to other fps games......I feel they could make it better:)

Add More Progression

I heard max level is 1000 and max weapon level is 500? If true, pretty unique and would be all for it if there was better progression maybe even a prestige system or rebirth system so you feel like your progressing at a decent pace.

Currently the progression is completing achievements to unlock camo's (which is horribly setup), unlocking weapon attachments which only requires a weapon level of 15 to 30 to unlock everything their, and you get your ranks aka the badges next to your name. So, what are we suppose to do with the 450 weapon levels left and 950 player levers.

Idk, just feel like the progression is horribly balence and 100% can be better.....

More Netcode Fixing

The first netcode patch was a success, however not nearly the patch that fixes it 100%. At least for me in north American server we experience some craziness and have already made a thread talking about it with some clips too Still Issues Happening - With The Current Netcode Fix.......

With the recent net code patch the game feels better but we still experience people teleporting into walls and getting killed through walls and some weapons shots are delayed to the point you may feel like you got killed in 1 second full health and find out it wasn't a headshot not to mention the sound might even sound like a shotgun/sniper when the player that killed you was using an ar/smg.

I feel like they need to improve/adjust the hit detection and hit boxes because these things were adjusted for a different netcode protocol....So, the game is running on the new net code, but things like the hit detection, bullet registration was calibrated for the old net-code.

Out of curiosity what's your ping in game?

Also, the UDP change is only step 1 of the networking changes that will happen so by no means is this the only thing they will do to improve it so don't worry. Its already confirmed that they will only try to push a steam launch when the game is ready which they're well aware isn't right now ^^

Not sure how to check this...

Hello

I go by the name mrcringegaming on twitch and recently been playing & streaming ironsight for the last 3 months. I have played this game prior netcode fix and played for 3 hours today and can say the netcode patch was a success in terms noticing a difference in game and very pleased with it.......However, came across 2 Major issues today and have videos of both issues that i encountered....

Killed through wall by knife

https://www.twitch.tv/mrcringe…DeterminedNuggetsImGlitch

Guy Glitching or Hacking Can't Tell.....

https://www.twitch.tv/mrcringe…misticPlacidMuleBCWarrior

Anyways, just wanted to make this known so hopfully the devs see it and can fix this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update - Played another 2 hours and wanted to relay my thoughts.......well, today was my worst experience playing ironsight i literally raged quit the game and stream other games to cool off.....here is why

So, personally have tried ever assault rifle in the game and know basically the amount of bullets it takes to kill someone with said AR......so this leads me to say that in some games the guns feel off specifically when i die by certain guns.....It makes my think this " That gun doesn't kill players with 2 shots when thier at full health " or i feel like im getting hit by 4 rounds at once and instantly die......This happened basically the whole 2 hours playing today.

I'm not sure if its related to the netcode fix patch or if a players using hacks and If its not player hacking then it could be hitboxes, hit detection or server to client latency/dysync . Where a player shoots me and it doesn't register on my end and by the time it does i die instantly to a body shots by an aug....which seems like a shotgun.....idk will add a clips of this if i can find one..

I do feel its player bound because this only happens sometimes, but today it happened ever match.....I get killed so abnormally fast with guns that shouldn't kill that fast....like the aug.....I have had games where i get killed by the aug and be like that's normal nice shot and other times player specific kills me with aug and its doesn't feel right like said player is using macros, scripts, or hacking the gun somehow. This happens with every gun that this specific player uses kills me abnormally fast and its not headshots either because i look at the kill feed text at the top right of the screen to see if it was a headshot.

I have high hopes for this game, and not trying to bash on your hard work devs just letting you know of what i see ingame in hopes you investigate and make this game the best it can be and make it fair for everyone.......this is still my favorite fps game right now online, but what i experienced today made me almost uninstall the game.

I honestly, don't think ironsight is ready to go on steam in it current state....If you do decide to do this feel it will end badly

The netcode is a must fix soon, I stream this game daily and have tried every Assualt rifle, SMG and Sniper; Haven't gotten around trying the lmg's though. However, with many many games under my belt can come up with some QOL improvements and Suggestions that hopefully will be implemented once they have released the netcode fix.

Quality of Life Improvements

- Be able to avoid players from matchmaking

- Fix the highlight feed, doesn't show the player modles

- Rework Hitboxes! - Hit detection needs work; However this also could be from the netcode

- Having the option to play with new players once you leave matchmaking and rematch-make - There have been many many time were i would like to match make with a whole new lobby and not the same players....this is frustrating especially when you are having horrible games...leaving the lobby and starting the match making didn't work for me still matched me with the same players.

- Cook Grenades! maybe up for debate

- Camo unlocks are pretty bland, would be better if the way you unlocked them was similar to black ops 2 camo missions.

- Sprint - when sprinting sometimes it cuts in and out like im walking and sprinting then walking again this is annoying, could be improved upon...idk

Anyways, this are my thoughts disagree or agree doesn't matter too me just wanted to share my thoughts..

I'm a happy camper this whole netcode issue is what drove me away from the game, thinking someone was using hacks within the game when found out it could be related to the netcode issue. I'm happy they're working on this and its their major priority because im sure they noticed the decline in people playing this since release and how it effects peoples experience when playing.....

So, you won't be hearing from me saying where are new guns, skins, and new modes because would rather you fix the netcode first and once that's done then new content is welcomed.....

Unfortunately, remember how my experience was playing the game in its current state and not going to play untill the netcode is fixed....

There is something wrong with you, if you really think this game in 100% hack free. There are 100% people using hacks in this game came across 2 lobbies where said player was using wall chams, aimbot. Plus, there are also aimbots that utilize AHK which can't be detected. Also, you are right about one thing and that's the net-code which does contribute to accusations of some players. I on the other can tell the difference because have experience using hacks myself back in the day. I no longer do because i sure as hell don't like it when there are hacks being used in the games i play fairly. But to say "Hackers, cheaters or whatever you call them don't exist" is ridiculous.

Go look on <link removed> or other related forums im sure you will come across a dll file and working injector in which said hack is undetected....anyways we just have to see what Aeria Games does because personally if this isn't resolved soon not sure my future with this game is going to be active....

the first thing they should do is fix the net code....

Dude, i would rather wait and be matched up with people i know are not using hacks then have a quick que time and be in a lobby with a player using hacks and Lincuxe in your world hacks don't exist and you think all games are invulnerable. Can assure you it isn't hard to find hacks download dll file have an injector and inject into the game when it launches if the hack is undetectable by the anti-cheat then the hack is usable.

I can 100% say and will no doubt there are players using hacks came across 2 lobbies today with hacks on aka aimbot, wall chams and no recoil, no spread...

hope Aeria Games does something about it

No, it won't.

UDP is a protocol. A protocol is a set of rules on how the communication between the client (you) and the server will work. It simply ignores packets that are lost/outdated. Ironsight's servers have a sluggish movement update rate. Therefore, if a player who is seeing you outside of cover, whereas in your end you are behind cover, you will still take damage because the server did not update your position to your enemy in time. Hence, UDP does not see the enemy's packet an "outdated" packet, because on the enemy's side, it is not outdated.

What UDP will do, is that it will significantly reduce trade killing, and "enlarged hitboxes", but to fix the issue of getting shot through cover, the server needs to increase its movement update rate.

Thanks for explaining more in depth about this...guess Aeria Games needs to increase movement update rate

with any luck, fixing the netcode should sort the sprint issues, while also sorting out some of the balancing issues and sparing you/explain the "that's bullshit" moments.

Either way, good suggestions. me likey

I'm also thinking, this could also be giving me the impression players are using wall cheats. Idk, the last 3 games felt the enemy players were using wall hacks and no they didn't have a UAV up. Just, felt like they suddenly killed me at my most opportune times and pre firing as well.

But, since the netcode is using TCP this could be giving me this impression kinda like a false positive...

I really enjoying this game and want it to succeed, but feel some things need to be added and improved upon before it can have the best possibility of succeeding. So, here are my suggestions and concerns...

1. Add kill cams, will save me and other from those " that's bullshit" moments.

Add in-game player reporting

Original Suggestion - have ran into players using wall chams, macros and scripts

About #2 Add in-game player reporting

Good idea, but we need limits for reports, for example, 3 per day. It's necessary. So that players do not report everyone. There may be 1 report per day.Players will save the report and use it when completely 100% sure that they face a cheater.

Fixing The Netcode & Movement Update Rate

I feel your movement doesn't ping back or update fast enough because of situations where you have clearly ran away and reach cover and said enemy still kills you though the walls/buildings! Changing from tcp to udp would fix this issue...

I originally said above that changing the protocol from TCP to UDP would fix the movement issue above. However, Adi88 has shed some light and corrected me. So thanks...The devs need to fix both the netcode and increase the movement update rate.

No, it won't.

UDP is a protocol. A protocol is a set of rules on how the communication between the client (you) and the server will work. It simply ignores packets that are lost/outdated. Ironsight's servers have a sluggish movement update rate. Therefore, if a player who is seeing you outside of cover, whereas in your end you are behind cover, you will still take damage because the server did not update your position to your enemy in time. Hence, UDP does not see the enemy's packet an "outdated" packet, because on the enemy's side, it is not outdated.

What UDP will do, is that it will significantly reduce trade killing, and "enlarged hitboxes", but to fix the issue of getting shot through cover, the server needs to increase its movement update rate.

Sprint Issues

I also, have an issue with sprint where doing some actions like using my ironsight or strafing closes the sprint animation. This is annoying and has been the result of me dying quite a bit......idk, it feels like when you flick the lights on and off. Once minute im sprinting and then next it stop and starts again and during this im holding down my sprint key...maybe someone can shed some light on this maybe this is hows it suppose to work.

Grenade Animation/Not Holding

I'm not sure if in this game the nade is like the call of duty franchise in the aspect of when holding down the middle mouse button it should swing your arm back and hold it there upon release? if yes then when i hold my middle mouse button it just throws the nade and doesn't hold it there. Please let me know if this is suppose to happen?

Gun Balancing

SMG are Op " P90" beats any assault rifle. I tried the Aug A3 and didn't like it at all, switched back to the default MP5 A3 which is a bad af SMG. Idk, i just feel SMG's perform better compared to assault rifles. What do you all think?

Matchmaking

I don't like getting thrown into half ending matches. Also, would be nice too have a choice to stay in the lobby after a game. If you had a good game then your mostly likely going to have another good game if you stay in the lobby. But, from the looks of it after each game it kicks you and you go back to matchmaking.

I also, would like the option to avoid players like in black ops 2. Yeah, this could increase the wait time for matchmaking but would have better games and be worth waiting. Avoiding suspect cheaters and just people that are toxic and salty af....idk would be a good idea

Anyways, feel free to add your suggestions below too

Its awesome to see the devs are getting involved, i fixed my blackscreen issue by going into the folder and going into properties of ironsight.exe and checking run as admin and also troubleshooted the program as well. this seemed to fix the blackscreen for me, not sure if it will do the same for you....

Message To The Devs < click there to checkout my recent forum thread about suggestions to make this game better

Awesome points sev and totally agree with you about the game needing some balancing done...im going to give the game the benefit of the doubt since its in closed beta and who know what the devs will change in the future.

Honestly been having the most unpleasant experience playing. Had to leave early my last 2 matches because of suspicious bullshit from a player aka think he was wall hacking using chams which isn't hard to do especially with a new fps game. He just seem to always know where i was 100% of the time even when i tried to outsmart him he would knife me from behind..idk maybe im just over thinking it, but am knowledgeable in that area so can tell when a user is hacking most of the time.

Also been having issues with my claymores not activating when players run through it. I seen 3 enemies run passed my claymore and it didn't go off which really pissed me off and grenades not doing any damage, i literally saw my nade explode right ontop of this guy and did no dmg . This happened the same game my claymore didn't do anything basically raged quit there.

Anyways, will play here and there untill closed beta ends, but as the game stands now blacksquad out shines it in player experience

The hitboxes in ironsight are horrible and i mean horrible devs please fix them...

Hello

I had high hopes for "ironsight" and still do for its future, but there is a major issue that he devs needs to address before "Ironsight" can be my go too fps.

The current free fps that is my #1 is Black-squad because its a skill based shooter and its important to be accurate and controlling your recoil. The game punishes players for being inaccurate which is another reason why blacksquad is my #1, don't get me wrong black-sqaud has its issues too like ( horrible map design and limited weapons and weapon customization.)

If only Ironsight had the skill aiming mechanics blacksquad has or at-least if they adjusted the hitboxes in ironsight, it would make the game much better in my opinion. I just hope the devs listen to all the feedback from the players playing the closed beta and implement them into the game to make Ironsight the best free to play fps game.

Its like both games have somthing that the other one needs....

Blacksqaud needs ironsights map design and weapons and weapon customization and ironsight needs the skillbased aiming mechanics that black squad has.....frustrating lawls

Sevs Suggestion - "Drop shotting, this is my biggest pet peeve on this game, it needs to be taken out and removed or nerfed as I've said in many posts. You drop down way to fast and you should not be able to be shooting on the way down. I say your gun goes behind your back until you are completely finished with the prone animation then you pull it back out and can shoot again. This one is annoying a lot of players in this community, because in CBT drop shotting is also affecting the registry in the drop shotters favor."

Would like to hear what you guys think?

I agree BS headshots / 1 taps with the ak's were very fun. This game headshots are pretty pointless. They need to do something about registry and stuff.

I agree sev 100%, Ironsight does shine in map design compared to blacksquad and weapon variety and weapon customization.

Yeah im hoping most of the issues are fixed by then and really hoping for this game to be awesome and better then blacksquad, but as it stands now in its current state blacksquad is a better gaming experience.

I just hope ironsight devs listen to the community to really make this game an awesome free fps game.

The reason im comparing the game to blacksquad it because that is my goo to free to play shooter game and was hoping ironsight would be, but there are some things that can be improved like i've said above the hotboxes feel like they need some work, But the game is still good, there are things ironsight has the blacksquad doesn't here are a few...

Ironsight vs Blacksquad

Iron-sight has better - bigger and more balanced map design, more weapons to choose from & has more features like skills, attachments ect...

Blacksquad Is Has Better - The hitboxes are better in blacksquad personal opinion ( headshots matter ) & spraying is a disadvantage more of a skillbased shooter in my opinion.

I haven't given up on iron-sight and will be playing more of it tomorrow, really hope they readjust the hitboxes and fix some issues by then....IronSight could be an amazing free to play shooter if they adjust it right....

haha, yeah well played for 2 hours think i made my overview of the game, hoping they change some things to make it better like the hitboxes and fixing lag when trying to customize inventory....going to go back to blacksquad as the hitboxes their are great...will play this game tomorrow or 2 days to see if the devs fixed anything,

Yeah....i see this very very buggy. Guess thats why its in closed beta all we can do is let the team know of our findings....As for the black screen issue think i fixed it by going into the folder by right clicking launcher and go to file location and then go to the game exe and go to properties and check " run as administrator" and then select a different compatibility mode ( i selected windows 8

Hello

I figured their would be issues as it is closed beta, so here are some issues i've come across so far...hopefully you can fix soon because one of them is stopping me from actually getting in the game all together....

Black-screen ( this happens right after all the branding) & was waiting for about 2 minutes and nothing changed......tried to troubleshoot the program and that didn't help....

Ingame Issue - When i was in the game before. I wasn't able to equip weapons that were available to me, nor was i able to equip different skills on my custom loadout 1....I though this was due to the fact of my character so tried to change this also and it wouldn't let me do soo.

Update - So was able to get into the game and the weapon finally changed upon restart....so does this mean when i make changes i have to restart the game?