Posts by Feney

It is true that I heard a lot of people complaining about the slowness of the updates. And ranked are still bugged as hell, so the competitive aspect isn't really effective.

well i have been playing the game for the last month and in that time the game hasn't had a single update. And this is the month were the game got allot of new players due to the big youtubers (levelcap) playing Ironsight and giving a generally good review of the game which is a perfect time for the developers to show that they mean business by at least having updates on a fortnightly basis. Stuff like insanely low health regen, dreadful netcode, little to no spread penalty for hip firing (literally 0 incentive to aim down sight), dropshotting, extremely low head shot multiplier, AR's being awful at range (due to insane damage drop off) and really no incentive to use AR's especially when we have guns like the AR57 and P90. If these issues arent ironed out in a timely manner over the next 1-2 updates i will just quit this game because no point playing a game where the developers cannot prioritise the real issues their own game.

I have been playing this game on and off for the last month and i cannot believe we have not seen a single update in that time. Like seriously the net code is still shocking and even more simpler fixes like significantly speeding up the insanely slow health regen in this game (Surely this is just changing a variable?!) or increasing spread on hipfire across the board to promote actually having to aim? why are the developers so lazy when it comes to updating the game?! do they want their game to die? do they not understand that the player base has increased loads over the last month due to ironsight being played by big youtubers (levelcap) yet they still refuse to actually update the game. i love this game but its becoming hard to play with such annoying issues that are easy to fix....

The same guy did a couple other video to explain the technical part of his netcode reviews. Don't hesitate to watch them if you want to have a better understanding of this ;)

i know you want to make the netcode bettter thats a no brainer and i understand it can take some time however i want to ask you if you will be doing anything about the ridiculously slow time it takes for health regen to occur and the speed at which Health regens. Like seriously this game has one of the slowest health regens i have ever come across in a fast paced fps shooter (and i have played a ton of fps games). i see constant feedback asking for this exact change and surely its not a hard change to implement? i imagine its just changing the value of some variables yet its been this bad for sooo long please please fix this.

So the other day i made a post about the netcode, and how it is currently really bad and needs to be improved but today i wanted to discuss some game play changes that i think would improve the game. Please note that this is simply my opinion and would love to hear your opinion in the comments.

- Significantly increase the time it takes for health regen to occur and also the time it takes to regen health. Reason: Currently its way to slow making winning those 2nd engagements 90% of the time impossible. also promotes camping as you have to play way more passive after every single gunfight which slows down the gameplay significantly.

- Decrease the TTK of all weapons and increase the head shot multiplier. Reason: currently the TTK feels a tad to high which makes flanking less of a useful tactic and also along with the slow regen time makes winning 2nd engagements much harder even for very high skilled players. The head shot multiplier is also way to low in this game and doesn't reward aiming for the head. this was recently done in BF1 and had a big positive effect on game play and promoted flanking.

- Decrease the damage drop off rate of all Assault rifles. Reason: currently i feel like that ar's do no do enough extra damage at range to warrant picking them over smg's. This is also made worse by the fact engagement ranges in the maps nearly always favour a smg user.

- Increase the spread applied when firing a smg from the hip. Reason: currently it feels like there is no reason to actually aim down sight when using a smg. SMG's should always be the best when it comes to hipfire however currently i feel like they are too good and leads to guns like the AR57 dominating as you can just run around destroying people without actually having to aim in at all. Yes aiming down sight might still be more accurate i just feel the relative difference is not enough to promote people actually using the sight to be more accurate.

that's all i could think of and i would love to hear you opinions on my proposed changes.

this is not an acceptable comparison. pubg has 100 players to track while also tracking loot and everything else that comes with the game however ironsight is a 6 vs 6 fast paced shooter their is no excuse for not having good netcode, as it is much more important to gameplay in this game. poor netcode absolutely will ruin this game along with the horribly slow health regen time which makes going on killstreaks impossible and promotes camping.

With all do respect, you're comparing a behemoth game that is able to reinvest much of the money they make from their game when charging $29.99 per title versus an f2p game. So keep in mind that PUBG Corp has much more assets to disburse towards their servers and the level they've gotten to than Wiple (the developers of the game).

Our developers are working hard to bring more stability towards the servers and it's becoming more evident with the number of server maintenances that have been going on now. Things like this aren't easy to perfect. We all know just as well as you all that the netcode is lacking in ways and that's the top priority and has been since open beta released.

Ok that sounds good but when are we actually likely to see improvements? (a week? a month? at launch) i love this game but the poor netcode undermines all the good this game is doing and if netcode is not the number 1 priority i will just not bother to play the game simple. Also do you know what refresh rate the servers and client run at? would be interesting to know and as for what you said about pubg corp having more resources i completely agree but problem is i get the impression that the devs are completely underestimating the importance of sound netcode in a game (from what i hear netcode has always been a problem from the start to now..) like it should have been fixed before skins,customisation and defiantly before you start selling stuff for the game on the store....

well PUBG has been shown to have bad netcode too, so . . . Netcode doesn't necessarily kill games, but can be a huge detractor from the "fun-ness" in the game. Hopefully the devs actually add more servers + fix the netcode to create a more efficient system.

this is not an acceptable comparison. pubg has 100 players to track while also tracking loot and everything else that comes with the game however ironsight is a 6 vs 6 fast paced shooter their is no excuse for not having good netcode, as it is much more important to gameplay in this game. poor netcode absolutely will ruin this game along with the horribly slow health regen time which makes going on killstreaks impossible and promotes camping.

having had a chance to play the game over the last 3 days i have had one prominent issue that has made the game at times unplayable and that is the netcode. Honestly the netcode in this game is beyond awfull you die around corners and i even start taking damage before people come round the corner and this happens all the time regardless of the ping of myself or my opponents (although players with bad ping just make the issue worse) Netcode is so so important in a fps game and im upset to see the state of the net code of this game and it really inst acceptable even for a beta (ive played plenty of early access/ beta games and not once have i come across net code that is this bad.....) apart from that the game is super fun but the shitty net code just undermines all the good this game has to offer and i certainty wont be playing again or at full release if this is not rectified.