Posts by cristianomtd

Even though I hate snipers, making a weapon less powerful at close range is kinda weird :S

I'd say a little longer scope time is a better solution, thus forcing snipers to use their secondary in "surprise" situations. About the bolt cancel, let's not forget macros make it even easier, and no anticheat can detect this kind of thing (so a lot of ppl use it... mainly "pro" players).

Yeah, imo the "bolt cancel" is a very dirty exploit, devs should fix this asap. As for the headshots, well, for me the real bs is having to put 3 bullets in someone's head to kill him... it doesn't even matter if you shoot the head or body. Those who have the skill (or luck, whatever) to hit the head shouldn't be rewarded?

And about the hipfire, I wouldn't mind if it was a bit nerfed.

"Assuming you actually mean "camping", and not just "holding an angle for a short time": This is true, but I've seen people complain about snipers playing aggressively as well."

I'd put myself in that latter group, not that I actually complain much about anything. If you're designing short, medium and long range weapons then it's not great balance if the longest range weapon is also extremely viable at short range.

You don't have to spend much time looking at the 'best of ironsight' event vids to see just how viable at close range the sniper rifles are.

The thing is, at close range you at least have a chance to kill the sniper. At longe range... pff, not a single chance (sometimes you don't even see them).

So, in my case, I got nothing against "agressive snipers".

Maybe the snipers don't need to be nerfed (that could make them useless), but others weapons buffed. However, by "buffed" I don't mean improve their stats, but make them kill with ONE headshot. That would make things more balanced, especially in close encounters:

Sniper can kill with one shot to the body but has to scope

Other weapons kill with one shot to the head but... you gotta hit the head

Looks like a fair fight to me.

Not to mention the majority of snipers camp, waiting for someone to appear and get an easy kill... well, at least it feels good when we get them from behind ^^

I second that. I'm brazilian also and would love to help the game, but with these prices... tbh I don't know how the game survives in SA, 'cos I believe only a few people put money on it.

If people had some sense everyone could "win". Split parties when needed or keep a party and start the match when the other team has the same number of players. Is that so hard to understand? I don't think so... like someone said before, if you want to choose your teammates, fine, just wait for a complete team to play against. Pay the price for choosing your team.

The only nonsense here is a team with more players than the other. No matter what you say, it's not fair and nothing justify this situation.

What do you suggest to fix this problem, smart boy? Or you will tell me this isn't a real problem?

If you start to think, you'll see the only thing parties do is leading to unfair matches, not only 'cos of player number but also pro squads vs random players. But yeah let's keep it that way, I really don't mind as far as I don't end up in a 5vs1 match, which is allowed by this wonderful system :D

Splitting up teams that are on discord is going to lead to toxic behaviour like ghosting and throwing. I don't think it's a great idea.

Better just to force groups to wait until there are enough players available on the other team to have a balanced match.

There's absolutely no reason to use discord unless you're playing SnD (really helpful for this mode). I like your idea, that's a good fix, but some people will say "nah I don't wanna wait even more to start a match".

In this case you will play in the same team sometimes, and sometimes not. Is that so bad for you? Haha ok then...

Honestly I prefer to play against a friend than outnumbering the other team. To each their own.

Discord? What's that? :D

What is really awful is a 6vs3 match caused by this party system.

Sorry but looks like you didn't understand/read what I said: even without parties, you could still play with anyone you want by following/inviting them to a match. The only difference is that the number of players in each team would be balanced. Like I said, I don't care about level or skill either, all I'm saying is teams should be balanced when it comes to number of players. Parties don't need to be removed for that, but maybe just "broken" when needed to reach this balance.

Levels don't mean anything, in any game you'll see high level players who suck, and low level players who kick as.

That being said, I think they should remove the party system because it leads to unfair matches like 3vs1 or something. That's what I call bad team balance...

I know, some people like to play with their friends and I got nothing against that. So, instead of this party system, there should be a button in your friend list to follow/invite someone into his match (obviously, not necessarily on the same team, to keep things balanced). This way people can still play with their friends but have a fair game.

Tbh I really can't say when my enemy is using them or not, and I've played the game a lot. I never said "dam this guy killed me due to sp bullets". Since Ironsight has a very short ttk, it's always about who shoots first, and if your reaction is fast enough you can beat a player using sp.

Now, of course, if both players start shooting each other at the EXACT same time, the one using sp will win. Needless to say, tho, that's something rare.

The same happens to me sometimes. At first I thought it was my internet connection (because it sucks), but if more people are experiencing the same issue I guess it's something with the game servers. As far as I know there's no workaround, all we can do is wait...

I think there should be more rewards for ranked matches, because, at least in the SA server, it's very hard to find a match, players aren't interested. The game needs to offer something that attract players. Example: if you win 100 ranked matches, you got a special skin or something.

This isn't just because people aren't interested in ranked, but also because the player numbers in general are fairly low. This also affects casual, and if more people were to play ranked, less players were to play casual, which might split up the already fairly small player population.

That's not the situation in the SA server. You find normal matches very easily, anytime. But ranked is a desert.

Yeah you have a point, but remember that ranked is only SnD, and some players don't like this mode, so they would stay in casual.

I think there should be more rewards for ranked matches, because, at least in the SA server, it's very hard to find a match, players aren't interested. The game needs to offer something that attract players. Example: if you win 100 ranked matches, you got a special skin or something.

There's a tactic drone (I forgot its name) that makes the Hellbird "blind", you can't see the enemies marked in red. It makes the bird almost useless. Very useful for those who find the bird so annoying. Whenever you hear "enemy Hellbird is on the air", activate that thing.

Also, can't you destroy a bird with the EMP launcher? Never tried but I guess it works, description says it is meant to destroy drones.

Doesnt mean it cant hit u lol

Of course, if it finds you ;)

Almost every time I've seen a hellbird used, most players just pretend it doesnt exist, then complain when they die to it.

Sad but true ^^ And then they say "oh this guy killed me with a drone, noob has no skill", but oh well, they are the ones fooling around... it is very easy to avoid being killed by drones, all you gotta do is pay attention to the game and run/hide from them.

Actually, I came to the conclusion that doesn't even matter if the Hellbird (or any other drone) is op, because op or not, anyone can use it. It's not something like "oh this guy is using an op weapon that I don't have, that's unfair".

There's a tactic drone (I forgot its name) that makes the Hellbird "blind", you can't see the enemies marked in red. It makes the bird almost useless. Very useful for those who find the bird so annoying. Whenever you hear "enemy Hellbird is on the air", activate that thing.

Also, can't you destroy a bird with the EMP launcher? Never tried but I guess it works, description says it is meant to destroy drones.

It takes more than one hit and obviously takes up your secondary spot. The LAWS is probably the most effective counter to the hellbird, but I find it annoying to save it up instead of letting it destroy UAVs just for the chance that someone will call in a hellbird at the end.

UAV's can be easily destroyed by gunfire, I sure would save my LAWS to destroy the Hellbird. As everyone can see, there are many ways of countering a Hellbird, besides hiding in a safe area. You don't need to stop playing for 20secs, obviously the Hellbird can't cover the whole map. Just wait for it to get away from you, then keep moving.

People complain too much about the Hellbird. It's very easy to hide from it, only distracted players get killed by it (no offense, sometimes it happens to me too).

Sometimes I use the bird and can't get a single kill, if the enemy team is not a bunch of noobs running in open areas.

About the spawns, the bird can't even see it sometimes. But as already said, if there's an enemy bird on the air, WAIT for your respawn. And when you respawn, run for cover, spawn protection is there for a reason.