Posts by Viking.Hamster

So back in February I joined the Iron sight and tbh after a few issues I quite enjoyed the game, Problem was for me at least was the horrendous lag and some pretty obvious cheaters, Now I don't want to say the devs don't care because I really think they do, But sometimes I question why they don't fix stuff before releasing new maps and items.

So as I said ive popped back after a few months away, and well so far haven't seen enough changes to the net code to feel like as a player who would play iron sight everyday, by that I mean I still see people lagging around the map,Hit reg still is so hit and miss that some times you question what the hell happened to the rounds I just fired, Is that guy cheating or is it just the lag making it look like they are????.

Iron sight has a fantastic idea not a unique one but still a good one, It can be fun in the right server at the right time but those times and servers are very few between, There is enough content to even battle with COD and that is a good thing but the small issue of stability even though it is much better than back in February is still a problem.

EAC is probably one of the worst anti cheats out there and I really hope the devs consider something better like Battleye, even would like to see steam integration with VAC bans enabled could and would be good for the game imho.

You can turn it off from windows mouse advanced options or on logictech and other brands that has its own control panel

lol if someone doesn't know to turn that off then they probably should just play console.

what people are getting at is even though they say this game has no mouse accel there is something completely off with aiming ie it feels like it has it, I personally can snap aim in most other games I play, I use the same settings slight adjusted admittedly but even then aim isn't right,

personally sensitivity is tosh in this game, it feels like mouse acceleration its awful and needs to be removed. I play r6s and have no issues with snap aiming from player to player but I find this game to be often imposable to do the same thing.

so I played ironsight for a few days on launch of open beta and tbh was pretty impressed, apart from the terrible servers and the cheater fest it was an ok game.

so has it changed much from then since its actually had an update? personally I feel the servers are now in a better state than before yet not perfect but what game servers are. as for the cheaters in iron sight I feel not much has been done, a simple search on google shows enough sites selling wall hacks, aim bots and other cheats however whether they work is another thing and my confidence in EAC isn't that great tbh.

I like ironsight its a good game and its premise is something I can enjoy, some drones are seriously over used ie the striker drone, but depends on the map.

the game still feels not P2W due to skins being just that skins with no buffs a nice change from other F2P games.

all in all I would tell friends about ironsight, its worth the time and I hope the dev team keep pushing updates with a little bit more frequency than they have so far but if the would interfere with the quality of the updates then I'm happy with 1 every couple months.

this is just a guess but maybe its more to do with balance, eg, famas with a laser could be just to good on hip fire. I like the fact certain weapons cant have some attachments makes it worth using that gun you suck with to get all the attachment lol, I hated the pp19 in the beginning after getting the suppressor its shined and is probably one of my most used guns same with the ak I hatted the recoil but pushed through anyway now I love that gun

I find people funny these days, they complain about the games performance, the net code is off and the game doesn't work properly, the devs fix this and people complain about the added extras, new skins, new drone, new map and new game mode isn't enough lol please I'm older enough to remember the days of what was on the disk or cartridge is ALL you got lol bugs and all and add to that you couldn't save the game and had to leave the console on lol

ive taken a few weeks off from iron sight and tbh the new content is good, the stability if good, my god I used to bounce around the map and see people do the same. hit reg was a luck basis and the game was almost unplayable. I enjoyed my first match back it works well good work guys.

ATMOS nobody cares let alone me so please just go away

I think you've understood me wrong, I wasn't saying it was how iron sight works, its how most games work lol also I stated in the beginning of my post that im personally not bothered by the amount I have gotten.

personally just because you kill 10 people and I kill 2 yet we still win the round doesn't mean I should get less exp, I could have been more of a support player made calls used drones that help the team to win its all fundamental to how a team works.

I feel the % system was to combat AFK players boosting so I'm not apposed to that

I agree with the hipfire problem. And we are playing a game where it takes long to kill someone with SMG or AR or any weapon, and snipers litteraly one shots you. But we can't nerf them because you see, it will take waaaaaaay to long to land two sniper bullets on someone. So maybe a little buff of the other rifles could be a solution?

For the 1,00,000th time sniper's do not OHKO. They're literally a coin flip on if your body shot will do 100 damage or 99 damage.

funny almost every time ive personally used the snipers ive killed with one shot, sure there are times it takes two shots but imho its very rare, snipers do need a slight nerf but its only a slight one imo, only issue though is how to do it without making them useless.

its quite funny when you see people defending snipers with the term "there not op" even though most people are saying they are reminds me of COD so the devs are doing a good job. lol.

that is fair I quite like the forums even though I'm not playing the game atm, its not because I don't like or feel the game is bad atm its just I cant play one game for too long or I will just get board of it.

as ive already stated tell us your pc specs and your internet speed it is probably what is causing your issues, you are in EU so imho your connection should be fine, it just boils down to the pc specs.

as for this 1KD stuff who even cares what your KD is just have fun I mean its not like you will get a job based of it lol. "oh what's that you have a 3.0KD in COD oh man that means you qualify for CEO great job man" lol if only the world worked that way.

No one needs your drunken-man delirious speeches about kd, i was trying to say that "totally unplayable" perfectly fits with ironssight for lot of players. What i've already said multiple times, is that my pc and connection are perfectly fine to play all the other games, from AAA games to others fps free to play.

drunken man speeches lol I'm not the one stating a game is unplayable when it totally is. prove you can not play make a video show what you mean by UNPLAYABLE because I CAN play FINE with only SMALL lag spikes which isn't UNPLAYABLE.

you keep saying your pc is good yet your constant refusal to state what your specs are tells me your system probably sucks.

as for being able to play AAA games fine means nothing due to the fact this game is in OPEN BETA and isn't optimised yet

ive seen multiple people bang on about the game being unplayable and then seen them same people playing in game so much for UNPLAYABLE

personally if I were you I would just quit playing stop being on a forum of a game you clearly do not like or cant play( in your own words)BECAUSE ITS UNPLAYERBLE.

by standard I mean its not out of the ordinary , I've personally not been disappointed in the amount I get each round. sure I get people want more more more .but at the heart this game is a f2p fps and with that there is a element of please pay money to get faster results, however the dev team have done a great job of not being p2w.

most score is based on a few elements

1.win or loss

2,kills

3,assists

4.caps/defends

5, drone assists/kills

if a player gets 50 kills and that is 100 points per kill that is 5000 points just in kills, lets say win bonus is 2000 points that is 7000 points per match and that is a base score as we haven't added assists, drone score or even points capped, so you could add maybe another 2000-5000 on top of that.

lets say the score at the end of a round is a average or half of score earned using the above best case you would receive around 12000 points at the end of the match and then an average of around 6000 points per match.

I'm unaware on how the levels are earned in ironsight, I do believe though its on exp/score and I would assume that with each level it get higher and higher.

as for hackers lol yes if you have a system that gives bigger amounts of exp based solely on how well you do in the match yes you would see more cheaters as they would have more to gain, EAC isn't a good AC in any shape or form but it is better than nothing at all.

I'm level 88 at the moment I always do tdm and capture the point I use a XP booster to that help. :)

How long have you been playing ? do you know the level cap ? xp boosts cost money though don't they ?

I believe they cost chips and you can get them in Meany ways 1,daliy bonuses 2. daily challenges 3, you can buy them. there might be other ways also

I got the point, he probably can't play so he blames the server/netcode issues much more than he should just to justify

And why is my best K/D 1.88? I dont understand what u mean with reach 1 K/D.

What i meant is that if you play the game in my same conditions, you'll won't be able to reach even 1 k/d.

as ive already stated tell us your pc specs and your internet speed it is probably what is causing your issues, you are in EU so imho your connection should be fine, it just boils down to the pc specs.

as for this 1KD stuff who even cares what your KD is just have fun I mean its not like you will get a job based of it lol. "oh what's that you have a 3.0KD in COD oh man that means you qualify for CEO great job man" lol if only the world worked that way.

personally the drop shooting is annoying but its in every fps out there the only fix is to do what r6s is now doing on the tts and adding accuracy penalty's on drop shooting but people will still do it. because its a tactic and will still work in most cases.

the game is in OPEN BETA so there will be a lot more updates to come, the devs have been doing server maintenance since the start of OPEN BETA and it will probably continue until there happy with it, and after that they will hopefully add new servers to the regions that need it.

so far ive seen no new content and as far as I'm aware they have stated they wont be launching new content till full release however new maps that were in Korean version might be added before then.

GITS was a poorly developed game that had massive potential, yes it had some net code issues but imho it wasn't the reason it shut down, personally it was no one was playing it and as I did play it from the get go it had no real player base from the first day to the last.

lastly the devs have worked pretty hard so far and I'm in no doubts we will see some good developments in the near future for now though I would sit tight and wait and see.

personally ive not had an issue with the exp amounts, its seems pretty standard tbh. if its indeed a set amount whether or not you kill 30 or 10 then I would say it is a balance thing, imagine if it was kill or score biased cheaters would be everywhere remember EAC isn't the best AC out there and there are people cheating in ironsight already if it was kill and score biased then you would see some stupid exp amounts and also most people in high ranks would probably just be the cheaters with a few good players who get called out as cheaters just because there good.

There are people cheating in ironsight? Oh boy you are so unlucky, I haven't seen anyone.

ive seen a couple so far however I wouldn't say its a problem atm. 2-3 aim bots and 2 wall hacks, however some dodgy stuff can be accounted for due to lag but these were defiantly cheaters imho.

100% agree, one of the best free fps games (and even better than some paid..cof cof...cs:go...cof) even with this bugs (and only in OBT) but still people can't be patient and wait.

Talking about me, it's not about being patience or not. I played a lot of free to play fps, with the same exact internet connection, pc, and most of them had heavy bugs, but the netcode was good. Here, for lot of players, it's just impossible to play. They report theirs experience with this game. Can you run it smoothly? Nice. But many others can't.

mostly yes I can run the game smoothly, only time I get lag issues is when someone joins out of region which is sadly something that wont get fixed until new servers are in place as for now its just NA and EU so if you are outside them two zones you will have issues.

the only issues ive seen others have are lag in game and the can not start the game, there are probably more but they seem like the main two.

personally ive not had an issue with the exp amounts, its seems pretty standard tbh. if its indeed a set amount whether or not you kill 30 or 10 then I would say it is a balance thing, imagine if it was kill or score biased cheaters would be everywhere remember EAC isn't the best AC out there and there are people cheating in ironsight already if it was kill and score biased then you would see some stupid exp amounts and also most people in high ranks would probably just be the cheaters with a few good players who get called out as cheaters just because there good.

people keep banging on about the game being unplayable but imo ive had little problems with it. sure there is lag but not all the time ive had some pretty smooth matches and some pretty ruff ones but tbh nothing unplayable.

as for shutting the game down I really don't feel like they will, the game is pretty good and most people who play seem to enjoy it myself included.

but don't get me wrong ive had some pretty pissy times and have indeed raged from the game but after 30+ levels I'm still enjoying it and I feel the game is quite rewarding.

sorry changed the BETA type lol.

people keep banging on about lack of response from devs but as its been said before the discord channel is always open and people are there to help.

one thing I can say is ive complained about the devs and CMs before but tbh there pretty good if you want devs or cms to be silent try the COD forums and you will see tumble weed constantly.

as I've already stated it is OPEN BETA the game is buggy and its not finished so ether get over it or stop playing!

plusqua what are your system specs? what area are you from? how good is your internet speed?

just three things that can help people understand what your issues are , ironsight does have a massive issue with net code and is something that the devs are working on, sadly though it will take some time to get it all good and hopefully there will be some new servers soon but I feel it will be a few months at least till then.

As for ghost in the shell I played that game and yes it had net code issues but tbh I never had issues with that game, also I think that game was abandoned because people weren't interested in the game not because it was bad net code.

please remember the game is in CLOSED BETA and with all BETAs there will be issues, if this is something you can not handle then I would suggest leaving the game for a month and then trying again.

I'm unsure who you are aiming this at so if its not me ignore this.

I stated that 40+kills every round is suspicious not that its uncommon to happen, with the net code as is its pretty difficult to work out if a player is in fact cheating or they are just laggy .personally I just report players I feel are cheating as I would rather report someone I think are cheating and there not than let a real cheater get away with it , having played COD ww2 and seeing all the cheaters in that game getting away with it and being blatant as well. its easy to go on the NA server as a EU player and lag about annoying people something I tried a few weeks ago to test if it gave me an advantage which it did to a point but nothing major but I have decent internet so maybe I'm just lucky.

EAC is probably one of the worst AC out there but I would prefer that to no AC at all. battleye or fairfight would be good they seem to work for r6s and other games but tbh I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement a new AC at this point of development.

as for performance I have no issues running the game but I have a i7 4790k and a gtx 1070 with 16gb ram so I should be stella

Competitive is clearly the right goal, but What are you doing in regards (to fair play) for the massive issue of cheating?

It's out of control, and destroying every game in record fashion... When every game has two rockstar players killing 40+ game after game... its hard to boot..

There's no control, in the old days.. .click ban, bye! Now we might have ability to do custom games here and there, but its not going to work in the public fashion to create a community of legit games we desire.. Too hard, no control...

What evidence do you have of said players cheating? Those numbers are pretty common in Ironsight matches and are usually just indicative of a solid player. Have you ever considered that maybe your own skills are just lacking?

ive personally never played against rock star but 40+ every round sounds suspicious to me, ive seen people go 30-35 kills in a round and then next round drop a 10 kill round these arnt suspicious players they just got a good round I mean ive had a few 30+ rounds but in that ive also had a lot of 10 kill rounds lol.

people who go 40+ every round I personally would report however there are some other points that I would look for ie, uav drones players communicating same clan team mates that sort of thing, so it would still depend if or not I would report.

as to thecoyguys post out of control seems a little rash ive been playing since the start of open beta and I would say ive seen maybe 2 wall hacks and 1 aim bot so far, personaly most odd behaviour can be put down to the net code being off

I'm a EU player so it might be different in NA but cheating is there but not out of control yet anyway, I'm still not convinced by EAC though.

its good to see some information come out even if it is small lol good work guys hope to see some new stuff and better performance in the coming months:):):):):):)

ok sorry was a typo lol was typing quick and my brain types faster than my fingers lol

the original side was dead out of the water no one wanted the pay side of the game so they developed fortnight battle royal to cater for something that people wanted and made that free, the reason they used pubg or battle royal was because unreal which is epic games by the way or at lest part of the franchise was the people who developed the engine as the unreal engine wasn't fully useable as a battle royal engine. after they sew the boom pubg had they decided to copy if you will what they had done(which as they them self's developed the engine for pubg was very much ok even if blue hole wasn't happy about it).

as far as I'm aware or believe the devs stopped the game in Korea them self's as the market is now mostly battle royal based games and it wasn't doing as well, this however doesn't make iron sight a bad game and it is in beta stage something people need to realise, I get people want a fully working game and yes I agree the odd decision to use UDP over TCP is strange but something that could be changed in the future. my advice to anyone playing ironsight that isn't happy with the way its going with the beta is to stop playing for a month and then pop back and see if anything has changes if it hasn't then make an informed decision on whether you feel the game is worth waiting for or not.

the game is in beta nothing new will be in yet note I say yet as its probably at least 6-12 months till the devs release the game fully,

you seem to be focusing on this one thing, personally yes its not good and is a odd decision but tbh I understand why they did it, just watch Battlenonsence network video on the subject he is very clued up on this and tbh I feel it will get worked on or even changed at some point .

Maybe, but the game has already had its run in its country of origin. It almost feels like its release here was a last minute attempt to try to appeal to fans of the genre and a way to make a few more dollars before canning the entire project.. Its hard to be optimistic in this day and age when so many other developers are doing the same thing. Even Fortnite is a cash grab were the original game changed direction completely to appeal to the mass appeal of battle royal style games.

fortnights main game isn't free to play and battle royal is so there isn't a change of direction in that game, only reason they did battle royal was of pubgs success and as both games are developed on the same engine and most of pubgs engine changes were made buy the unreal engine team also the same people behind fortnight it was a good idea to jump on that bandwagon ie just look at fortnights success

whether or not the game was originally released is Korea or not doesn't make the game a typical cash grab Meany f2p games are. ironsight imho has no pay 2 win elements like Meany f2p games and isn't in anyway trying to push one, ironsight has a repair system yet it doesn't require you to wait 5 hours till you can use it again after that, its easy to gain cash in game ive purchased guns multiple times for the standard 20.000 and after only a few rounds ive made that back, add the copious daily's that give you cash and chips you shouldn't need to buy anything unless YOU want to.

The same guy did a couple other video to explain the technical part of his netcode reviews. Don't hesitate to watch them if you want to have a better understanding of this ;)

hes a good youtuber to have on your side tbh hes clued up and knowledgeable on the subject unlike me I enjoy watching his videos because its good to try and get a understanding on things as its said knowledge is power lol

Ironsight netcode might be not perfect...but the game is in Beta we need to give it a chance, still, in Beta the netcode is way better than other games that are here around 5 years cof cof....warface...cof cof.

you don't like warface than lol...tbh I liked it in the beginning but now its utter trash something I hope ironsight wont do.

reading most of the replies to this thread show me one thing, most people do not understand that not everybody has the same experience .

personaly ive only had a few small issues with this game however I'm experienced enough to understand that Meany do have major issues and there NOT just complaining about nothing( cough cough flloyd arnt you a CM bad juju dude):*

sure there are plenty of escape routes I'm not disputing that but is it an enjoyable map imho no, its a map I personally hate and I'm quite happy I get it maybe once per game session, maps like titan, outpost and ocean front imho are more balanced just because there more fun to play, remember this is a game and fun is what it at least should be and it seems more people hate dam just because they don't enjoy playing that map.

Not enjoying it is fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I like it, personally. Not the best but not the worst.

My post was just about people saying it's unbalanced which is very different from simply not enjoying the map. I can't see what makes it unbalanced.

I think its so sniper orientated that most people believe its only playable that way, personally I prefer a AR and just counter them its pretty easy sometimes unless you get a very good sniper that is, which can make it in fun lol .I do sometimes crack open the sniper myself but I'm only ok at sniping but sometimes I can surprise myself lol

It can feel like there is to Meany routes which can sometimes feel overwhelming to new players , but tbh sound is good in the game and sometimes I can think someone is under ground when infact there on pipe lol this often gets me killed. but I think that is just on me. lol.

I'm not sure what the complaint is that makes it unbalanced. People camp or it's easy to be spawncamped?

Each spawn has 4 exits, the moving platform, the main path and the two side paths. Ample ways to escape spawntraps and/or get behind the enemy. The map is almost completely symmetrical too.

sure there are plenty of escape routes I'm not disputing that but is it an enjoyable map imho no, its a map I personally hate and I'm quite happy I get it maybe once per game session, maps like titan, outpost and ocean front imho are more balanced just because there more fun to play, remember this is a game and fun is what it at least should be and it seems more people hate dam just because they don't enjoy playing that map.

I mean, if you're at the skill level where you have to avoid an entire map that's totally fine. But suggesting a Map selection because you don't want to play with people who play a different way than you is a little odd.

???? I'm pretty confused about why you seem annoyed at people not liking dam, sure every map has a different play style but some people don't enjoy playing certain maps because of the way its played, I play r6s I hate some of the maps in that game I personally switched them off when I could as I did not want to play them, it wasn't I lacked the skill to play them it was simply I just didn't like them and had no fun playing them.

also skill isn't something that even comes in to play when liking or disliking a map, dam isn't really a skilled map In the first place, I can just camp the roof top and get kill after kill is that skill? not in my opinion. same goes with sitting with a sniper in one of the tower rooms or in the middle of the map sure you going to get multi kills but is it skill to play that way? no!

Interesting but nothing we didn't already know and certainly not something that's worth abandoning / fearing for the game's future. It's a Beta people, remember that.

???????

so you did know the game was on UDP and not TCP like every other game?

understanding at least a small amount about how the network works in the games you play gives you knowledge on why something happens or even if you are on dedicated servers or host based.

anyway I didn't post this as a reason to leave the game I posted it to explain to people who don't know or understand why they die in odd situations.