Posts by Solaria

Hello.

If you think you saw a cheater and want to report players for cheating then please record a proper video as evidence and send it to the support here - https://support.gamigo.com/ - Reporting or calling out other players is not accepted here and might/will end in sanctions against the author. Unjustified accusations might only result in an unnecessary disrespectful or impolite discussion with the accused or other people. I hope you guys understand.

HQ_report_6_banner_ENDE.png

Hello everyone and welcome to HQ Report #6.

Grab your beverage of choice and come over, let's talk.

May was a busy month! We released the Phoenix Update. If you haven't, check the trailer (headphone warning though.)

Content Update - Phoenix

You can read about it here.

Then we opened our web shop which you can find here.

Meanwhile, we had a problem with GP gains and repair costs, but we've tried our best to negate any potential damage.

Somehow, with all that's going on, May has ended and June arrived. But what's in store for Ironsight now? What's next?

Time to delve deeper into the topics.

Phoenix Update

This was the biggest update we've had for a long while with so much change!

The Iron Pass was very interesting for most of you, evident by hundreds and thousands and millions (might be slightly exaggerated) of you who purchased it. We think it can be even better and we'll be providing further feedback to Wiple about that.

Ranked Mode hase been embraced as well, although we have some things to work on. We're reading the feedback on both technical problems and also the system. We've reported certain topics already and Wiple is looking forward to hearing more.

We've also been reading on the reactions to balance changes. While there are discussion about all the particular changes, I found some interesting questions about the philosophy of balance in general and I've reached out to Wiple to learn more about that as well.

There are a few issues I'd like to address directly:

GP/Repair Issue: I have talked about this and I think there is no need to get into details but basically, repair costs were broken after the patch. A change was indeed to happen, but not to this extent. We've provided you with GP boosts and codes to help you meanwhile.

Matchmaking: There are a couple separate issues regarding Matchmaking. They've been reported to Wiple and we'll deploy fixes as soon as we have them.

Speaking of fixes, we do have a patch that we are testing internally as I'm writing this. Some of the problems will be addressed in that patch.

Web Shop

We've opened our web shop towards the end of the month and some of the deals have been already VERY popular.

In the Web Shop, our main focus is diversity. We'd like to provide you with alternative ways to acquire items. For example, we have some crates in Featured with a particular Advanced or Special item. While they do require a bit of luck, the good news is that you know what you get when you are lucky. We have some boxes in Starter that guarantee you a Special item.

We have other ideas we'll try as well. We would really like to hear your opinions on what would be interesting, what makes you cringe etc. It's a work-in-progress!

While it's not about Web Shop directly, we know that many of you are not happy with the purchasable content we have in game and we will also look into that.

In fact, I prepared a feedback form where you can enter your thoughts. I will read every comment. You can find it here.

Steam and Asia

I know many of you are interested in this one and unfortunately there was a bit of confusion recently. Let me extinguish rumors:

Wiple Games will be publishing Ironsight in Asia. The Steam page they announced was regarding that. Details about how accounts will be handled will be announced.

And now... we have our own Steam page for NA, SA and Europe. While we don't have a date to announce yet, we will soon let you know more in that regard.

Future

Competitive Scene and Tournaments

I want to apologize for the lack of communication in this. As mentioned, May was a bit crazy. We will have some news soon on how we will support tournaments. But in essence, it's the same as what I said last time: We look for active organizers. So don't wait for us. Start organizing! This way, when we actually make announcements, you'll have things to show us.

Partner Program

It's a bit early but I wanted to mention it. We will have some changes here. We'd like to revisit the partner program to have more structure and more opportunities for our partners that create quality content, including revenue share options.

Next on Ironsight

I'd like to tease a couple things that Wiple shared with us.

image2019-6-5_16-32-48.png

Those bullet symbols look curious. I wonder what they are?

image2019-6-5_16-37-35.png

Oops, I think I cropped the screenshot in a wiiiild, I mean weird, way.

image2019-6-5_16-36-33.png

I'm really not good at snipping screens. I guess this one remains a mystery.

Well, that's all from me. Thank you again for your support. We've finally seen some major changes and even better days are yet to come.

Take care and see you next time!

Sincerely yours,

the_Director

I can gladly tell you that Ironsight currently doesn’t have any issues with hackers or cheaters.

Well Solaria what can I say...

Even in games "protected" with the most "harsh"anti-cheats such as VAC, PunkBuster, Battleye, Fairfight we can find hackers.

A simple google search will find in less than a minute hacks for Ironsight.....

I'm sorry, but can't be that naive to think that EasyAntiCheat will prevent hackers in this game, even because, they are already here.

Well, only googling won’t get you anywhere. And luckily I can tell you that what you find on Google is long outdated and most of it is even just malware. Nothing to worry about there. ;)

I have the same Error: your client version is outdated. downloading a full client version. this process may take a long time.

iron sight update patch start failed.

please uninstall ironsight client and install again.

What is the solution?

I’ve sent you a message too.

Hello there,

Pain4all The Penta Kill thing was a bug that came up right after the last big netcode update. Luckily this doesn’t seem to be an issue anymore, but I don’t have much information about why this was occurring.

And to the desyncs: Sadly this happens sometimes especially with players from far away regions. There are only EU, NA and SA servers so far so people from Australia or South East Asia will mostly lag. For example if you play with your neighbor or have a „Lan“ party at home, you’ll absolutely see no issues at all. But if you live near the servers and the opponent is far away then there will be some desync issues.

I didn't have the opportunity to have desyncs working for me.

You don’t see these issues on your side. For you (or the lagging opponent himself) it looks perfectly normal as nothing ever happens. Like you run through the next door see an enemy outside and kill him. But due to one being far away it seems that the enemy shoots through a wall because it favors the ping of the nearby player. The server has to compensate the ping and movement of 12 players in a match. And obviously it favors the players with the lowest ping. So the lagging enemy is a bit behind. But it only looks like this since the enemy is actually long through the door, saw you and shot you.

These Netcode issues are being worked on heavily right now and luckily we get updates on this very frequently since the big overhaul in April. And especially since Wiple Games starts to publish Ironsight in Asia very soon, our version won’t experience that much issues with far away players from south east Asia.

I can gladly tell you that Ironsight currently doesn’t have any issues with hackers or cheaters. And if something should ever happen in the future, I can assure you that Aeria Games, Wiple Games and/or EasyAntiCheat will be working on this to resolve and fix these issues as soon as possible. The whole team takes this very seriously and you do not need to worry about this.

I hope my explanation was understandable for you guys. Should you have any further questions about this please tag me in your text so I know what to answer to. :P

Hello there,

Luckily Ironsight doesn’t have any issue with hackers or cheaters right now. Getting called a hacker isn’t something to worry about. Should a player report you for hacking, it will get checked anyway, so don’t fear an unjustified ban. And people calling every headshot a hack are part of every game so far. ;) Don’t take it serious if you get accused.

However, should anyone heavily insult you or anyone else in chat then please send a ticket to the support here - https://support.gamigo.com/ - the team will take care about it then.

I’m sorry that you have to experience this and hope you’ll still have fun in Ironsight! ^^

Hello there,

If you want to find out how high your ping is, there is a specific setting in your ingame settings which allows you to display your FPS and your ping.

alot beacuse of russian players cant join eu server. they have an own version of the game, that i think is a very bad decion by aeria games to close out so many players. in the end if the game gonna suceeed u need to open more servers for asian and let the russians in agin!

This decision was not made by Aeria Games.

Mercenaries,

This event is over since May 18th 11:59 pm CEST. We will gather all your entries and choose a winner internally. We will announce the winner as soon as one has been chosen.

Thanks for participating,

Your Ironsight Team

Hello there,

There are indeed some optimization issues but Intel HD Graphics won't do the job regardless. Sadly there is not much you could do about this. Maybe try some optimization tools and game boosters like Razer Cortex. It might give you a few more FPS but hopes aren't that high with such a low end setup. Sorry for that though.

Since the last update the hit registration system got changed again and shouldn't be an issue anymore. But still, players with high ping will obviously not have the best experience. Just like in every other game. Players with a ping above 400 ms for longer than 1 minutes get kicked. This will ensure a better performance for everyone.

News_banners_knownissue_EN.png

• Drone tutorial does not trigger by default for new accounts.
    • AUG A3 shooting audio indoors is muffled.
    • Trying to shoot while sprinting slows the character.
    • Tutorial achievement is not shown on the result match screen upon completion.

This is a known issue and not a permanent change. Anyway, as of now it's unclear when this will get solved.

Mercenaries!

We will have a patch maintenance tomorrow at

10.00 AM CEST (1 AM PDT)

This maintenance will take around 5/6 hours. Should additional time from us be required, we will inform you accordingly. Thank you for your comprehension and your patience.

Mercenaries!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Egg Hunt Event! Counting all the eggs and winners wasn’t that easy since more people than expected participated in the event. But I’m very thankful for your engagement here!

Your rewards have been sent out already. Thanks again to every participant!

We hope to see you in the next event again!

Your Ironsight Team

Hello there,

The rewards have indeed been sent out already and it will get announced today on the official thread. Regarding the issue - I’ll check with the CMs. Thanks for participating though!