Posts by lionking

Long time player here. I tried the riot shield, I didn't think it was OP. People will eventually get used to playing against it like any other new content. My main gripe about the update is the +90% sway to the Viper Scope. Yes Snipers are strong, but if you play literally any other FPS game, they have always been strong. That's what makes them fun to use. I understand the nerfs to the DSR and Blaser, but another +90% sway to the viper scope on top of the sniper nerfs makes it very unusable considering it is most popular attachment in competitive sniping. I know people can choose other attachments but purely targeting that single attachment with such a big nerf is very questionable. At this point in time I have moved on to other games. I may comeback when development progress for the Aeria/Gamigo versions match the pace of the Asian version.

I play 1600 dpi, in game sens 1.5. It really depends on yourself. I know lots of comp players who use high sensitivity in this game. Low sens makes your aim more accurate but high sens allows you to react and flick faster.

The most important thing is to disable mouse acceleration in your windows mouse settings. It will make your mouse movement more accurate in every PC game.

In fairness to BlueDreamer, he's the one member of the team that I do see playing the game on a regular basis.

(Others might play, but I don't see them)

This is true, hes a pretty good player too. Mad respect to staff that actually play the game but leave decisions about comp rules to the comp community.

Buke As soon as drones are an important feature in the game, I think it's natural to try to include them.
    Only saying "we don't want drones" will not help us, what we want here is to understand why the community don't want drones in ranked/competitive.

This thread is the perfect opportunity to enlighten us on what you think about drones in competition, why they should be banned or restricted.

I guess over a year's worth of feedback is not good enough?

Here are some recent one threads:

Custom Drone Rules for Tournaments

Ranked?? Where??

After following the forums and reddit for over a year and whenever competitive play is brought up, there is an overwhelming majority that agree with having NO drones in competitive SnD play. I am not going into further detail, there is enough comments explaining why.

I honestly don't know how hard is it for the support team to understand that NO means NO. I want to be optimistic but frankly it seems like the devs and support team want to incorporate drones into competitive play but there is not a single staff that regularly plays this game, much less have any idea on the competitive FPS dynamics.

Maybe drones can be incoporated in future competitive modes like Secure Point or TDM but Search and Destroy is the primary competitive mode of almost every FPS game. There has already been a standard set in place and if Ironsight wants to be taken serious by the competitive scene it must remove drones and set rules for competitve gameplay.

Just a bug that doesn't show the reload animation

Hi,

I would agree if there was a break in the picture but I see other guys reloading with a "Clear Sight".

Sometimes it shows reloading, sometimes it doesn't.

It happens to me all the time. I would shoot some people and reload but at the endgame killcam, it would not show me reloading, just bullets automatically refilling. I don't know if you are new to this game but I can reassure you that this is a normal thing.

Peep my title fam. Tbh I know I will get hate but I kind of like it as it is. Makes getting golden secondaries rewarding and exclusive.

"I know I will get hate" ahahah bro you are just stupid asf if you waste your time to get "gold weapons" that you will also need to pay to "buy"; using same GP you could buy boxes and them could give you oranges' weapons, giving also you the possibility to unlock the ones in collection, OMEGALOL

"Rewarding and exclusives" ahahahaha I can't stop laughing at you.

Well you have your own preference. Some want to grind it out while others just want to pay for things. I just got it because it was a fun challenge to do. Everyone on this forum is wasting their time playing video games. You wouldn't be commenting here otherwise. Nothing wrong with having some fun in a game regardless if its dead or not.

No offense to Deadpool but this is a known issue introduced in the last update patch. It even says in the patch notes. Try using the Spas12 or grenade launcher which are 1 shot weapons. Its significantly more noticeable. And make sure you are shooting WHILE sprinting. Before the bug, you would immediately come out of sprint and fire the shot. Now the bug makes you come out of sprint but no shots fire.

Some of the achievments are also insane as **** every weapon requires 1700 kills for tier 5 emblem - this takes me on average 6-8 hoursh with every weapon.

BUT SECONDARY REQUIRES SAME AMOUNT OF KILLS

just like utility - seriously insane theres no balancing regarding achievements

You are right, it's ridiculus to make 1820 kills with mgl320 for example, same amount of ak47 LOL

Peep my title fam. Tbh I know I will get hate but I kind of like it as it is. Makes getting golden secondaries rewarding and exclusive.

I agree with the bullet types but in fact I think they are adding more. The Asian version has like 4 now.

I agree with the smokes + detecting sight too, kind of kills the reason why smokes are used in the first place. Comp tournies in the past usually have rules about no detecting sights which makes it better.

I genuinely don't think any of the devs/support team really play this game much less understand competitive FPS mechanics.

• The_Director; Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
    • Flloyd; Pink Floyd - Eclipse
    • Worgoroth; Sigur Rós - Rafstraumur
    • Splashy; Riot - Dance With the Death
    • Bodhisattva; Måns Zelmerlöw - Happyland
    • Chopper; Gorillaz - Demon Days

IGN:IAMAFETUS

Called roughing up the new players and taking on a challenge. Everyone's been through this starting out. You will experience it less if you have your own party or play at peak hours when the player count is higher with more diverse players.

poveracaf I don't know who hurt you in the past but It's hard for anyone to take your points seriously when you call everyone who disagrees with you a retard.

On the issue of hackers: I've played this game for about a year and yes I am a sweaty tryhard. I have never seen a single hacker in the 400+ hours I've played ironsight. Getting killed through a wall is %100 netcode. Getting prefired around the corner is when they hear your footsteps/prone sound. These frustrating mechanics happen to me all the time as well. It's not easy to make a hack and I don't think many are willing to make one for this game with such a low player base.

On the issue of parties: Yes parties can make the game very one-sided. Like OhEmGee has said, games are also social activities. You might like to play alone but many people like to play with their friends as well. Meeting new people and partying with my friends is one of the only reasons I play ironsight. No one comes into a new game and thinks they are the best player. At first, I lost many games to partied players but here I am still happily playing. Like joining a club or learning a sport, you will always fail and get frustrated but getting improving yourself and growing with friends is part of the fun.

On the issue of tryhards: You give a lot of hate on tryhards and saying the game should be about fun, not about winning or losing. Yet on another forum post, you are trying to give tips for the competitive scene. HQ Note: Community Tournaments

So are players suppose to win or have fun?

Hey Director, thanks for communicating with the competitive members of the ironsight community.

Tournaments are great and all but is there anyway we can improve the player base in the ironsight ranked game mode? I understand you want us to self-organize but the competitive scene is small and most players are casual. Improving the ranked game mode to a decent state will encourage people to play more competitively and increase the desire to self-host tournaments.

I want to be honest. The ranked mode release was very lackluster. Many big name ironsight comp players from last year came back to try it out and EVERYONE was upset with the lack of improvements since before the update. The dev team removed the ranked mode for a couple months but the only improvement was the addition of parties. They increased player count from 5v5 to 6v6 which needs more people to start a game and goes against comp team layout of 5v5. They also removed a feature to show how many people are in ranked queue. ie: "6/10 in queue". Lastly one of the biggest gripes about ranked mode is killstreaks. It was probably the biggest complaint about ironsight ranked game mode and they never got removed. Like in any competitive game, a human's pure skill should determine who wins and who loses. Killstreaks add too much of an RNG and "easymode" factor in comp games. Removing them will keep the game consistent with other FPS comp shooters like R6, CSGO and CoD (there are other differences obviously).

It is hard to motivate the small competitive scene to host ironsight tournaments when the Devs do not listen to the community suggestions, especially those that aim to help with ironsight's competitive ranked game mode.

I have 165 hz monitor If I use 60-75 hz monitor I dont have fps drops too.Even Pubg more stable than this game atm.Btw I love this game and just want it to get better.So good luck with your 1060 3gb mate :)

I have a 244 HZ monitor I don't think the refresh rate would be a problem either, I think your graphics card may need cleaning if you think that is what the problem is xD.

I am a sweat with over 400 hours in the game and also experience FPS drops in the game, its gotten worse with the last update that improved graphics. I fully support improving graphics but my main complaint is the devs are not optimization gpu performance and putting most of the load on the cpu. For example I have a i5-9600k overclocked at 5Ghz and a GTX 970 4Gb. In ironsight, my CPU runs at 80% usage while my GPU only uses 60%. In a well optimized game, the GPU should always be at 100% usage. Open any other new big title game and compare for yourself. Because of the poor optimization, my framerates are very inconsistent. Some parts of the map will be at 200fps while sometimes it will go down to 100fps and no increased usage on my gpu. Very noticeable as Im playing on a 144hz 1080p monitor.

It is the year 3019. The world is overrun by Old Man Helix and his army of Sentinel robots. The human race has been fighting the onslaught of robotic invaders for over a decade. We know that it is a war we cannot win but this cause is worth dying for. After all, the Earth is our home the last thing we have left. The final stronghold for the human race lies in Vienna, the heart of Europe. We are currently are holding off an attack on the Vienna Ring Road or as they call it, ‘Ringstrasse.’ Over the river is Helix and his robot army. I see enemy transport ships dropping another shipment of Metal Reapers while hearing the sounds of gunfire overhead.

By my side is the love of my life, Princess Solaria. I’ve always admired her since she left her comfortable royal life to join the fight against the invaders. We met in Operation Tsumani when the sentinels overtook Britain and our team were trying to hold off the rest of the European invasion. We were by the waterfront fort in Amsterdam and the moment I saw her, I was immediately mesmerized by her beauty. She was scoping in on enemy troops with her DSR-1 Overlab and her bright blonde hair was flowing gracefully behind her, evidence of her royal bloodline. She’s a fierce fighter that knows how to handle a sniper, making every shot count and never takin more than 1 bullet to kill an enemy. The other women in my life like Sarah and Valery were tough, but none were as strong as Solaria. I knew she was endgame material but we will never be together before the war is over. Vienna is our last mission.

Radio: “ENEMY HELLBIRD INCOMING!”

*BZZZZZZZZT* *BZZZZZZZZZZZT*

I quickly duck down into the trench to avoid the raining bullets. The princess
    holds her ground.

“Don’t worry Neil. I got this,” Solaria says before scoping in on the
    hellbird and firing a shot.

*BAM!!*

*CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG* *BOOOOOM*

When I over the trenches, I see flames rising over a crashed hellbird. It’s a
    small victory over the impending doom that’s quickly approaching. The Sentinels
    are edging closer to our position. I zoom into my ACOG scope and drop more
    enemies with the SCAR-H. As I reload my gun, I see my teammates falling over
    like dominoes and I hear,

*SPLAT!*

Blood splattered on the side of my gun. I look over to see a rookie fall next
    to me. His nametag reads, “Corporal Flloyd.” You served the human race well my
    friend. After years in the fight I’ve been desensitized to scenes like this.

Solaria says “Leave him, it’s no use to save him now!”

Metal Reapers just crossed the shallow river and enemy bomber drones are now flying
    above us.

“We need to retreat!” I yell as I grab the Princess’s hand.

We sprint back to through the deep trenches. As the thick European mud made our feet sink into the ground, we almost trip over the path of
    dead bodies.

*BOOOOM*

Next thing I know, I’m laying on my back and my whole body aches with pain. I roll
    my head to the side and see Princess Solaria is coughing up blood. Her blonde
    hair, now mixed with sweat, blood and tears, is covering part of her still beautiful
    face.

Radio: “ENEMY ZEUS INCOMING!”

This is the first time I’ve seen her cry.

She closes her eyes and say, “I don’t want to die. I don’t like this. It’s over.”

As the red lightning beam of the Zeus edges towards us, I pull her closer, look
    into her bright green eyes and say, “Look at me! Nothing else matters, only us.”

Ingame name: IAMAFETUS

Blue weapon: Famas

Hey Flloyd I am just wondering how much weight do you and your team have when trying to push changes/fixes to the game. I know many aspects of game design and business decisions affect what needs to be implemented and may be out of your control. Let's say you tell the developers "Hey this needs to be fixed/added!" What would you say is the percentage of weight your team has on pushing through that idea?

and the bug run and cant shoot? u gonna fix that today?

They are saying its a bug but its clearly intentional. The "Fix" they introduced was so people cant shoot right away after sprinting or jumping over an obstacle. I have never seen anyone on reddit, discord, or the forums complain about this issue for the past year but suddenly this "fix" is so important that it has to ruin the run and gun as aspect of the game.

You are right on with the ideas in your post OP! I am actually kind of shocked that they didn't remove drones from ranked. People have been asking to remove them for over a year. I doubt it is that hard to implement as well.

On the nimble hands thing: They nerfed the nimble hands perk because they increased the base throwing speed of grenades by 25% so this just balances it out.

I also want a statement from the manager on why all the weapons got nerfed. IMO, I only felt that the AK-12, Ultimax and Px4Storm were weak, everything else was pretty fair.

The reduction in rate of fire and adding a delay to shots after sprinting make me believe that they want to slow down the pace of the game and turn it into a more tactical shooter. I personally like the run-and-gun style of gameplay myself though.

LMG's do a lot of damage to drones and reapers. SMG's do the least damage to them. I recommend just shooting it. If everyone on your team focuses their shots on it, the reaper dies very fast.

One of my bugbears is that you need to grind to be female in this game. No default female characters is not OK.

You've made some great points on the game.

Just so everyone knows, The female characters have hit box issues, which needs to be fixed.

Female skins only change the visual appearance of a character not the size of the hitbox. I've done testing with friends to confirm this. If you take a large character like Havoc or Victor Schneider, you can shoot parts of their arm/stomache/legs and bullets will not register because the character models are larger than the hitbox. Whereas if you shoot the air next to Kalli's stomache or arm, bullets will regiser because her character model is smaller than the hitbox model.

I have more than enough money for any CoD game but I still wouldn't buy them. The new ones just don't have the gameplay feel like the old CoDs.

Hypothetically would u or for modern warfare 4?

How do I even answer this? Activision has not released much information about it. Could be a car racing RPG adventure game for all I know. If it has the gameplay as the old games then sure I would consider buying and playing it. At this point in time, I'd rather play Ironsight over BO4.

and Im saying that call of duty games in general were known to be overpriced, quickly abandoned a year after for a new call of duty and so on.

Im just stating facts here, sorry if it bothers you so much, being smug about it doesnt magically reinforces your point.

But i would def pay for it because everythin is better than ironsight. If u had the money would u buy a cod game instead?

I have more than enough money for any CoD game but I still wouldn't buy them. The new ones just don't have the gameplay feel like the old CoDs.

First of all, to address "Living in the Shadow of well developed games." Its no secret that Ironsight is not a Triple A title to begin with. CoD has already built a good foundation for Ironsight to leverage off of so I don't see any reason why that's wrong for the developers to copy and recreate their own game based off of it. Many games are like this! I can easily say AVA and Black Squad are living in the shadows of big daddy Counter Strike.

"hipfire meta," Like others mentioned before, Ironsight shouldn't be compared to CS because the gameplay is totally different. I have over 600 hrs in CSGO and got to DMG rank so I can at least can recognize the major differences in gameplay. Not as easy as comparing hipfire mechanics. Same can be said about new CoD games. Just because they both have ADS with weapons doesn't make the rest of the game comparable. You wanted character abilities and CoD gameplay like GITS right? Then go check out BO4 because it has both. Leave Ironsight for the rest of us to enjoy.

"If the gameplay is always casual..." I never said or even want Ironsight to be totally casual. (I am a competitive player myself) What I am saying is that there is already a skill gap between pros and noobs. Judging from your profile I am assuming you are a great sniper yourself. My grandma can't pick up a DSR and run around and quickscope. It took me years to learn how to snipe and quick scope properly so you already know about the skill gap yourself. Its already harder in this game too because there is ADS time and hip sway.

I've played that entire era of Call of Duty from CoD4 to BO2. I wanted to show how Irony_Sigh 's complaints about the game was nothing compared to MW2's broken mechanics, but people still loved that game. BO2 was definitely the most balanced CoD game in that era that's why I commend Ironsight for copying the the most polished CoD game of that generation (something we can both agree on i hope).

Hipfire spread, grenades, and bullet types can be addressed in future patches. Nerfing them will not dramatically change the gameplay. What I am against is Irony_Sigh 's suggestions to completely overhaul the gameplay as a whole and turn it to his favourite childhood games of 1999.

You mention that this game has a small skill gap between pros and noobs. That's true considering you came from very competitive games like CS. How will catering the gameplay to only benefit pros help bring massive players to the game? you can't deny that many gamers play for fun, not always for competition. If Ironsight was 100% competitive, casual players will come check this game out and quit soon after when they have a 0.1kda and 10% win rate in the first hour. Keeping the gameplay casual will help bring the game to the mass market.

Even though there's a smaller skill gap, that doesn't mean a skill gap does not exist between noobs and pros. First of all, pros don't use the AR57 and rarely drop shot. 90% of Ironsight comp players use the Aug or Blaser because they are an all round better weapon than the AR57 in most situations. Dropshotting is not as strong as you think. People in the game aim for the chest because headshot multipliers are not great (CoD mechanic, rip on me all you want). So proning mid gun fight just sets up an easy headshot for your opponent. I notice most good players go for jumpshots while ADS (just like pro CoD players). Snipers are definitely strong but they will always lose out against a 1v2 scenario. Can say the same about CS and blacksquad when snipers zoom in instantly and have no sway.

I believe this game is good BECAUSE of its CoD roots. Like I've said before, Ironsight has the same gameplay mechanics that made the older Call Of Duty games so successful. Unless Activision releases their next CoD game to be f2p, long term supported and based on BO2 mechanics, there is not a single game like Ironsight on the market. League of Legends is considered a "Dota Clone," but its more popular and successful than Dota.

You clearly have not played any Call of Duty games if you think Ironsight's gameplay mechanics are so unplayable. Let's take Modern Warefare 2 for example. Quickscoping was popular. UMP45 smg kill people in 3 shots at any range. Dangerclose/1 man army allowed you to have infinite grenade launcher ammo. Drop shotting was everywhere. Chopper gunner killsteak was an OP version of hellbird. Model 1887 shotgun and Commando perk killed people across the map pre-nerf. Somehow with Ironsight's "poor gameplay" + these mechanics I mentioned, MW2 was still one of the most successful and widely celebrated cod games ever.

Everyone has their own tastes.
    I don't want to sound mean but I honestly don't think Ironsight is a game for you or will ever become a game you will enjoy.