How do you determined a skilled player and a cheater?

• So, I came across a video on YouTube just now where I saw ESP being use in the game. (ESP is wallhack for those that doesn't know)

Whether the hack is real or not, I can't say since anyone can just use edits I guess? But still, in case it was real, I was beginning to wonder how would I even know if somebody is very good or a cheater?

Sure, the obvious answer is to record, but... there are no killcams so there is no way to know how and when they see you or how aimbot-like is their aim. Even if somebody pop out of nowhere, it could be because they heard me. And the highlight doesn't work well.

You might then say, that is probably a good player because a cheater will always have headshot, doesn't die, prefire, etc.

My answer to that is cheaters are more sneaky nowadays, they really don't go blatant anymore. Not sure if you guys agree with me on this one but that is just from what I been seeing.

Anyway, How do you guys determined a skilled player and a cheater?

P.S. I was gonna link the video, but... I thought otherwise since they video is linked and advertised a site where you can purchase the hacks.

• Havn't seen any cheaters in this game, been playing since founders and CBT.

Tyler

Cash me on twitch @ twitch.tv/fpsderd

or on twitter @fpsderd

Current team: None

Past Teams: Zero Gravity Gaming, Team Madness, Carnage eSports, InControl Gaming, RallyPoint

**OG Since Technical Beta**

• the hacks that are being found are over 2-3 years old an are for the korean version of the game. currently there has been no word or sight or any NA EU hacks appearing in the game that i have seen my self. or been able to locate via some sites i moniter for games i like inorder to know ahead of time if its time to abandon the game becuse the hackers are in bound.

currently anything that is not labled for this year for a hack video is out dated and long since been patched on the korean version. but that is not to say there wont be some some day here for the na and eu version that just came out

• the hacks that are being found are over 2-3 years old an are for the korean version of the game. currently there has been no word or sight or any NA EU hacks appearing in the game that i have seen my self. or been able to locate via some sites i moniter for games i like inorder to know ahead of time if its time to abandon the game becuse the hackers are in bound.

currently anything that is not labled for this year for a hack video is out dated and long since been patched on the korean version. but that is not to say there wont be some some day here for the na and eu version that just came out

The video was posted 2 days ago and it was definitely not the korean version. But again, it could have been fake in order to attracts sales and scam people. But whatever the case, I already reported to the dev/staff using the form provided.

But I do agree with you that, in-game, I have not seem them at all either. But how do I know if they are being sneaky cheaters and trying to hide the fact that they are cheating or legit is the question.

Thinking ahead, there will always be cheaters in any game, that's just how it's goes. I'm gonna trust in Aeriagames since they did pretty well with the gold buyers for their mmorpg and hope that the cheaters in this game are getting caught, if any.

• That hack is definitely from this version not korean version.

And about how to know if somebody is using walls. If the person is smart you cant tell, if the person is just blatantly walling you can tell easily.

• You can Youtube these videos pretty easily, they show current version. One is as new as four days ago with updated gameplay. The game has hackers, no game can boast they don't, it's just a matter of keeping ontop of them.

I mean I've only been playing 2 days, and I've already seen one person acting like a waller ( trying to shoot teammates through barriers, tracking through walls ) and one person using the OHK sniper that was spinning in place and getting headshots. To pretend like they aren't there is silly.

Unfortunately this game has the same curse CoD has, it's hard to tell the less-obvious ones because the "netcode" is so terrible.

• I myself haven't seen any suspicious activity in the game and really have heard or even seen many other players saying anything about it either. But as Flloyd said if you think something is suspicious don't be afraid to send in a report.

• hmmm wll the big issue is realy telling how to tell. see a pro can use there head set to idenafie where someone is via footstep sounds most of the time. and useing the mini map. so prefireing corners is not to hard if you are a pro. the real issue is nailing down if there just prefireing or if there wall hacking.

thats when it becomes complicated. the best way is watching a kill cam but we dont have them. spectating works too. some one that wall hacks will sometimes glance at the wall in question before aiming at the corner where someone is going to come from. but at the same time this again could just be a pro listaning to foot step sounds.

the harder to notice hacks are the wall hacks and the full brights and wire fraims and things like that.

the easyer ones to spot are the aim bots. if someones geting head shots 100% of the time . thats a farly good giveaway.

speed hacks are also farly easy to spot. if someones ziping around the map at top speed then its a give away. hmmm what else is there.

COD had there unlimited kill streak hacks that one was easy to spot someone would just spam there kill streaks.

there are alot of other tells but theses are just the ones i know and have allways kept my eye out for.

even then i dont report most players that i might think are hacking becuse theres a good 50% chance to 80% chance there ligit players and not hacking.

• I run into Lag Switchers, hopefully they do what Nexon did. Kick players who have unstable connection that's the only way to remove Lag switchers.(LS is possible to do in any online game)

not all but most. alot of games have a ping check if your ping falls below or above a set number your auto booted from the servers. and disconnected.