How to Nerf Sniper Rifles

• This is not about them being a one shot, because Sniper Rifles should be high damage and SKILL REWARDING. That's the key, and right now they don't require skill.

First of all, make the time to scope in slightly longer, it's currently way to easy to just one shot someone who easily has the jump on you, killing people that flank you should require good movement skills, and possibly switching to secondary.

Secondly, make them less accurate while moving. If you have a sniper rifle you can sprint around the map, and quickly sprint around and kill people even faster than with an SMG. Snipers should punish movement and reward keeping to a stationary location.

Thirdly, reward precision aiming. It seems that shooting anyone above the legs is an instant kill, but it should be chest and above, not stomach. This makes it so that you have to aim more carefully.

With these 3 in combination, sniping will be much more of a actual sniping like role requiring more skill. Rewarding precision aim, playing defensively, and less quick scoping.

• Since this game remembers a lot into Call of Duty and old times, it seems like the element of QuickScoping is a thing that should stay, they allready took a bit work in it from CBT to OBT which is fine in my opinion.

With those other Points like less accurate while moving and shooting more precisely. This Points that u mention there I agree with.

But for that it's not that easy cuz i think they have to rework on the hitbox registration, especially on arms, legs and stuff, so Sniping atleast becomes a bit harder, but still would be fun to play. =)

• Snipers feel ridiculous because all other weapons take too long to kill, reduce general health and other weapons become viable, dont get me wrong, im pretty new to the game and just started playing on the open beta but the fact that you can get the jump on a sniper and he can turn and one shot you while you didnt miss seems wrong, basically snipers are better shotguns than the shotguns in the game because of ttk, imo ttk should be reduced generally and with that you make all other weapons better at least when flaking the sniper.

• Snipers feel ridiculous because all other weapons take too long to kill, reduce general health and other weapons become viable, dont get me wrong, im pretty new to the game and just started playing on the open beta but the fact that you can get the jump on a sniper and he can turn and one shot you while you didnt miss seems wrong, basically snipers are better shotguns than the shotguns in the game because of ttk, imo ttk should be reduced generally and with that you make all other weapons better at least when flaking the sniper.

exactly! the ttk being increased compared to cbt fcked up everything...

Clash Network Manager | Wreck

• They're far too easy to use in their current form (and CBT form).

I'd do one of two things:

i) keep them how they are and increase their accuracy a tiny bit BUT make them one hit kill to the head only, not the body. (Works well on Dirty Bomb and that game is a lot faster than IS)

OR

ii) Increase the sway by a large amount so that holding your breath is actually needed. Accuracy penalty while moving. Slightly smaller area for 1HK.

Either of these would ensure they actually require a good aim and movement instead of the everyone's-a-winner laser rifles they are right now.

• This is from a Sniper only player of 10 years:

1. Increase Scope-in speed ( the quick-aim perk is not enough)

2. in order to shoot accurately you have to be standing still before each shot. Moving makes the sniper rifle completely inaccurate.

3. Decrease mobility when running with a sniper rifle, shorter duration sprints, add the ability to hear them scope in/scope out (headsets users).

Life of a Sniper:

One shot one kill

inFAMOUS.

• I think snipers need to be more susceptible to aim punch making it harder to acquire your target when they can accurately fire on you.

That's a good idea, that way they can't just instantly one shot you when you are pouring your mag into them. Though, they gotta be careful to not nerf the snipers to the point of making them unusable.

• Since this game remembers a lot into Call of Duty and old times, it seems like the element of QuickScoping is a thing that should stay, they allready took a bit work in it from CBT to OBT which is fine in my opinion.

In CoD there is Gun Sway, Recoil, movement penalty, and aim punch from taking hits while scoping...not a single one of those is in this game to the point where people falling and taking rounds can scope and snipe someone as if they had been sitting still, holding their breath, and firing in a straight line...

That's 100% broken.

• I know people like 1 shot kill snipers and I agree they can stay. but I'm okay with sacrificing dmg for ease of use (especially if I can pick up headshots with it).

so please add a scout type sniper as well that does not suffer as much from say less accuracy while moving.

a scout might have less muzzle sway and quick scoping.

Other ways to nerf snipers can come in form of buffing other weapons perhaps. I do find ads with guns to move too slowly, I would increase their ADS speed. but maybe keep the Snipers as is.

Lastly adding aimpunch to snipers if they are hit and take damage (particularly to the chest) it should aimpunch (disrupt / shake) their aim. (perhaps this could only happen at certain hp thresholds like if below 50% hp).

• In my opinion snipers are good now. Nerfing them is going to reduce theirs attractive making this game only ar/smg based, which is pretty boring. just remember that you can EASILY kill almost any sniper player (even pro) just by moving a bit when you engage them.

• +1
    Sniper damage should remain, but bullet must be missed its target if its not fully scoped.

that would make most of snipers camping voted, and community will spit hate on them because of that,

I dont care spliting comunity, i hate this feature in games! only supernatural androids can play like this... what normal people have to do? its respawn simulator for us... I love sniping too but, here - i suck cuz of clickshot mechanic....

• that would make most of snipers camping voted, and community will spit hate on them because of that,

I dont care spliting comunity, i hate this feature in games! only supernatural androids can play like this... what normal people have to do? its respawn simulator for us... I love sniping too but, here - i suck cuz of clickshot mechanic....

1. maybe you don't care, but devs do, and be sure they're not changing smth just because someone is complaining

2. if you suck just get skill or stop sniping

• The problem with the moving inaccuracy is that acceleration is basically nonexistent in this game. All you'd have to do is let go of W during the frame you shoot to get perfect "moving" accuracy.

Here's my suggestion: Remove scope sway in favor of one-shot headshots. This "hold breath to shoot better because CoD" meme really has to go. If snipers are perfectly accurate, then it would be balanced to make body shots 2 hit kills and headshots 1 hit kills. This would reward actual skill.

• The problem with the moving inaccuracy is that acceleration is basically nonexistent in this game. All you'd have to do is let go of W during the frame you shoot to get perfect "moving" accuracy.

Here's my suggestion: Remove scope sway in favor of one-shot headshots. This "hold breath to shoot better because CoD" meme really has to go. If snipers are perfectly accurate, then it would be balanced to make body shots 2 hit kills and headshots 1 hit kills. This would reward actual skill.

Agreed.

being honest once i used to think the same thing, but now, after many years using snipers, i can just say that doing that would probably remove any interest in using sniper rifle. We are all talking about "actual skill" but snipers are the most situational and, related, weak weapon in every game. what's the point in making two shot to kill snipers? most of the time you don't even have the time to reload before getting killed by a ar/smg sprayer.

being honest once i used to think the same thing, but now, after many years using snipers, i can just say that doing that would probably remove any interest in using sniper rifle. We are all talking about "actual skill" but snipers are the most situational and, related, weak weapon in every game. what's the point in making two shot to kill snipers? most of the time you don't even have the time to reload before getting killed by a ar/smg sprayer.

Make them aim for the head. If they're at a range where an AR or SMG can kill them, they should lose the fight unless they can do exceptional aiming. Requires actual skill instead of the ability to aim in the general direction of the enemy. Worked for Dirty Bomb and sniping in that game is great fun.