Killtrading

• Hello folks,

i dont know if Aeria somehow managed to fix that, but there is a known "issue" called killtrading. Let me shorty explain what i mean, if you are in a 1 on 1 with your opponent sometimes it happens that each other kill themselves.

I think the guy with the lower ping should get the kills, since its annyoing if you are on a killing spree. Maybe it was just an issue in the beta, but i'd like to see get the problem fixed.

Cheers!

If you want a weapon, here is a weapon. If you want a conversation… here is a weapon.

~ Dubzy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dubzy. ().

• Hey! I know what you are hinting at and I believe it might be fixed in the open beta since it is a server / netcode / ping related issue. Btw: using justified text alignment in a forum environment makes your posts very hard to read. ?(

• A little curiosity though, is it even a bad thing if 2 players kill each other at the same time? personally that's something I would even laugh at when it happens but I see your point with the ping differences

• Alright Nevorox, im sorry. I'll try to avoid centering my text from now on. Atleast you got my point! :P

A little curiosity though, is it even a bad thing if 2 players kill each other at the same time? personally that's something I would even laugh at when it happens but I see your point with the ping differences

It may be, but at a certain point you will cry if you kill each other at the same time.

If you want a weapon, here is a weapon. If you want a conversation… here is a weapon.

~ Dubzy.

• Alright Nevorox, im sorry. I'll try to avoid centering my text from now on. Atleast you got my point! :P

A little curiosity though, is it even a bad thing if 2 players kill each other at the same time? personally that's something I would even laugh at when it happens but I see your point with the ping differences

It may be, but at a certain point you will cry if you kill each other at the same time.

As someone who plays daily that might be true xD Maybe I will reach that point as well and then I'll share the same thinking but if it's being seen as a bug, I will also agree to have it improved. As long no one died except by 2 rocket launchers against each other, I'm fine if there's just one winner

• Think I said this elsewhere but: kill trades just reminds me of P2P shooters and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm hoping the server performance will be significantly better in OBT, reducing kill trades and delayed hits.

• Think I said this elsewhere but: kill trades just reminds me of P2P shooters and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm hoping the server performance will be significantly better in OBT, reducing kill trades and delayed hits.

I second this strongly.

Clash Network Manager | Wreck

• I don't think it was necessarily a bug, because SF2 also had it in the game for a short period of time until enough people asked for it to be fixed/removed.

True that, but actually you are able to fix this "issue" before all the complaints are coming into their inbox.

~ Dubzy.

• I am aware, and this issue was brought up in both the CBT and TBT so we will see if they have fixed it or not during the OBT, if not there still is time for that to happen as well since they are focusing more important issues currently.

• I think trading kills is fine.

I mean, it makes no sense at all that bullets flying at your chest would suddenly do no damage just because you managed to headshot the dude firing at you.

I never minded killtrading, I also don't understand why it puts some people off. It's not that big of a deal, dropshooting is far more annoying, especially when you encounter someone and in the split of a second they realize they are gonna die so they drop to the floor and shoot from there and at that time you realize you have the kill and then that person drops and you either manage to somehow salvage the situation or die an unjust death.

• The reason people are against the kill-trading is because it ruins the flow of the game, as well as it gives people with latency issues an advantage with it being in the game as well.

• The main problem with the kill trading,as Sevv has stated above, Is that high ping players have a tendency to obtaining a kill exchange more often than a regular player would(My opinion being forged by being a laggy player myself on the Korean IS servers)

• From playing extensively in TBT and spending some time on the KR version, I can tell you that its unlikely that this situation will be fixed. Its a part of how this game engine works and personally I have no issue with it. I'd rather trade kill in a tight comp game then get killed first because I'm on the West Coast and the server for NA is on the east coast. Just doesn't work that way imo.

• From playing extensively in TBT and spending some time on the KR version, I can tell you that its unlikely that this situation will be fixed. Its a part of how this game engine works and personally I have no issue with it. I'd rather trade kill in a tight comp game then get killed first because I'm on the West Coast and the server for NA is on the east coast. Just doesn't work that way imo.

Well dont you think kill trading could still be tweeked so that it doesnt happen as often when high ping players are involved?