Steam Release

• Hey there Etniuh

As stated previously and I quote:

"We are discovering every option regarding the game (even steam) and we will update you about a possible steam version, if we actually have a plan for it."

For now, there's not any additional info regarding Steam release. :)

• Thanks for answer ! anyways ill play w/o steam cuz as u said who knows when will be the steam version

Indeed, also if there's in case a Steam release you'll most likely be able to link your Ironsight account to Steam account so there shouldn't be any data lost.

Cheers! :)

• It's an automatic stab in the foot to not just do it...the population influx from Steam by itself makes the decision justified.
    It's the main reason why Aeria was even able to keep SF2 alive for as long as it did...

• It's an automatic stab in the foot to not just do it...the population influx from Steam by itself makes the decision justified.
    It's the main reason why Aeria was even able to keep SF2 alive for as long as it did...

theyre just waiting for full release.

Clash Network Manager | Wreck

theyre just waiting for full release.

Indeed. There's still some time to decide. Well, technically it can also occur few months after the full release but we will see soon

Not necessarily, steam can kill a game just as fast as it can make a game. The review system is what I'm referring too, most people don't try games with negative / mixed reviews. Not saying that this would happen to this game but still if you don't release a clean polished product it can definitely be a deal breaker.

Not necessarily, steam can kill a game just as fast as it can make a game. The review system is what I'm referring too, most people don't try games with negative / mixed reviews. Not saying that this would happen to this game but still if you don't release a clean polished product it can definitely be a deal breaker.

the public opinion kills a game if its bad not "steam". if the games bad, itl get bad reviews, if its good, itl get good reviews

being "scared" to put out a game because you dont know if people will be negative about it is completely ridiculous. either it flop or it doesnt, no need to safeguard it with a low pop. if this game is going to die or boom, id rather the efforts be done right now to know.

Clash Network Manager | Wreck

• The f2p tag alone is enough for bad reviews. People have a sour taste for lootboxes after the EA debacle. There's lootboxes in this game, so p2w in their eyes. (Even though it is not).

Game looks like CoD, some people don't like CoD, they're gonna hate on it for being and looking like a CoD copy pasta (bonus points for lesser known asian developer and, consensus wise, a "p2w" publisher). Some IronSight videos on Youtube have comments with people saying not to play the game b/c it's going to be p2w due to Aeria hosting it.

This is overexagerated, but I would not be surprised to see reviews like that.

Like Sev said, it's not bound to happen 100%, but there's a high chance it will get bad reviews regardless whether the game is good or bad.

Don't underestimate bandwagons. It's cool to hate on games and/or game companies. AVA had a lot of reviews back in the days from TF2 players that only installed the game for a special skinned knife and some of them left a bad review just for the sake of it. Now of course with the current system in place, there's also the ability to see recent reviews, so that can neglect some of the jokers.

Not advocating against it though. Black Squad showed that f2p fps shooters can get a lot of positive reviews if it is not p2w, which is also luckily the case for IS. So I have hope for a good steam version. There's just 2 sides to a coin.

• While I agree with you, what game doesn't get bad reviews? Even games like CS:GO, DotA 2 and popular indie games like Stardew Valley have about 20% bad reviews. Black Squad, for example is F2P on Steam and 76% of the reviews are positive, this is a great achievement for a F2P Korean FPS if you ask me, you really can't get any better than that. So while I also feel like a Steam release can be bad for the game's reputation, it can also be good, just as long as what is published on Steam is a polished product, not a buggy beta, everything should be alright. And after participating in all three stages of tests so far, I can safely conclude that the game is pretty polished, aside from some balancing issues that I hope to see addressed in the OBT.

• Black Squad's developers are shady though. Game is pretty much a functioning mess right now: hasn't had a serious non-monetary update in around 3 months, hackers are barely kept at bay, quick match is broken, clans are openly cheating to gain rank, manually website reporting instead of in-game reporting (in 2017-2018 no less...), Crouch Spam because reasons, and their mod team looks like a bunch of do-nothings but they magically have a positive rating...the reviews are probably paid for, especially since the majority of them are coming from people who've played less than 100 hours over the near 5100ish hours it's been available, where most of the negatives are from well above or your typical asskissers who hope it's the next big "Crossfire". Every thread in the Discussion forum is "hackers!" or "remove rapid crouch" or "stop adding loot boxes and fix your rapid crouch" from people who've put time in...

...already not liking the implication of the game being as polished as it is somehow not being well enough to be added to steam on launch, on top of whatever issues will get them those negative reviews when people can't tie their game account to Steam for whatever reason.

• Black Squad's developers are shady though. Game is pretty much a functioning mess right now: hasn't had a serious non-monetary update in around 3 months, hackers are barely kept at bay, quick match is broken, clans are openly cheating to gain rank, manually website reporting instead of in-game reporting (in 2017-2018 no less...), Crouch Spam because reasons, and their mod team looks like a bunch of do-nothings but they magically have a positive rating...the reviews are probably paid for, especially since the majority of them are coming from people who've played less than 100 hours over the near 5100ish hours it's been available, where most of the negatives are from well above or your typical asskissers who hope it's the next big "Crossfire". Every thread in the Discussion forum is "hackers!" or "remove rapid crouch" or "stop adding loot boxes and fix your rapid crouch" from people who've put time in...

...already not liking the implication of the game being as polished as it is somehow not being well enough to be added to steam on launch, on top of whatever issues will get them those negative reviews when people can't tie their game account to Steam for whatever reason.

I used black squad as example because of their fair and non-p2w business. I have around 60 hours on BS and haven't spend a dime. Have all the guns I wanted and got bored real quick with my mates. Take Warframe as another example; it has very positive reviews because of it being non-p2w. People actually prefer Warframe over Destiny 2 (because of it not living up to peoples expectations, but that's another story).
    Look at Paladins' recent reviews despite being positive since its release on Steam. People loved it because it was a free to play Overwatch (ripoff). The most recent update made the game pay 2 win and people are bashing on it like expected.

What I'm trying to point out is; if you promise no pay 2 win, you have to deliver it. Then people will like the game because of it being "Free to play done right!". First impressions are always important.

• Look at Paladins' recent reviews despite being positive since its release on Steam. People loved it because it was a free to play Overwatch (ripoff). The most recent update made the game pay 2 win and people are bashing on it like expected.

I was going to mention this. I think the player numbers decreased by a lot too?

I have over 200 hours in Black Squad and I would still give a good review to the game.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198377700961/

The things you mention, like crouch spamming are true, matchmaking is not really good, but the game is good, if there wasn't no Ironsight, I'd probably play Black Squa as my main game, but since we have Ironsight, there is no reason for me to keep playing Black Squad, but I would still give it a positive review if I had to.