[EVENT] EMP Speedrun Contest

• Days
    Hours
    Minutes
    Seconds

EMP_Forum_Banner.png

Mercenaries,

we have lost contact with our squad on an abandoned Airport. This team was tasked to set up an EMP weapon to get rid of all the sentinel threats roaming around. Your mission is simple: find our field team and support them in activating the EMP Device to secure the area. Problem is, our Intel indicate Rogue AI movement towards that same location so you will have to act quick before it's too late. Good luck!

How to participate:

How well will you fair in our PVE mission? That is the question we want to figure out. The rules for this event are simple: Record yourself finishing the EMP Mission in-game as fast as possible. The fastest entries will be our winners. In the event of ties among the fastest participants, we might reevaluate the prizes accordingly.

Event dates:

The event will run until April 1st, 11:59PM (CET)

Rewards:

We will reward the 3 best times accordingly:

1st Place = 15 Supply boxes + OCI Cyborg Helmet 7 days + a forum badge
    2nd Place = 10 Supply boxes + OCI Cyborg Helmet 7 days + a forum badge
    3rd Place = 5 Supply boxes + OCI Cyborg Helmet 7 days + a forum badge

All participants will receive a Booster EXP and a Booster GP 1 day .

Rules:

• Only 1 submission by participant.
    • Send us the recording of the entire EMP mission starting from the moment you launch it on the lobby until the result screen.
    • You have to have a VISUAL ASSET (Video). Please provide us your submission as an upload on a video hosting website.
    • You must post the video link to your entry in this thread to participate.
    • We reserve the right to disqualify any video that may breach the rules of the contest or our ToS!
    • No exceptions for participation outside of the set time frame will be given. Sorry!
    • You have to participate with the account you wish to receive the rewards.
    • Every submission to this contest can and will be used by Aeria Games and/or gamigo for promotional purposes.
    • The winning videos will be the fastest entries. In case of ties, the Ironsight Team reserves the right to review and change the prizes accordingly.

Show us your speed-run skills and reach for the top!

Your Ironsight Team

• can i record with phone? cause my i already have breaks playing all on low setings

Hello,

I would recommend you to record with Freez Screen Video Capture or even Free Screen Video Recorder. They both are intuitive and doesn't use much memory from your computer. You also need to use game as windowed for them both.

• Here's some strats that I've researched on stream so far:

- You need to kill the first three sentinels, otherwise the game bugs out.

- On the stairs, you only need to kill the first sentinel and the one that's in the middle of the room after you climb the stairs, same reason as before. Don't ask why these.

- Obviously you can just rush the EMP and not kill a single in this room Sentinel. (it actually doesn't matter)

- Obviously you can use the conveyor belt on the right to go faster. (it actually doesn't matter as well)

- Obviously the game will randomly bug on you and not spawn any enemies at this point. That's the bug I've mentioned earlier, killing the sentinels I've mentioned helps, but is not a guarantee. Hell, I had it bug on me when I've killed every single one. The sentinels it will spawn will start shooting at you from below the ground? Okay.

- Oh, you want to know why I've added "it doesn't matter" to the strats before? As long as you kill all required sentinels before 3:14, you have to wait for the wall on the right to blow up anyway. So it doesn't matter how fast you are, just that you're there before 3:14.

- Now it's literally RNG. First, the game cannot really decide whether it'll spawn the next wave of sentinels at 3:13, or even as late as 2:58. I've tried everything and I assume it's just tied to how laggy the servers want to be that day. You have to kill that wave (eight sentinels in total) as fast as possible, to trigger the final wave. That's the only thing that matters.

- Literally nothing in final wave matters, although again the game can bug on you and not kill all the sentinels, meaning you will lose time killing them yourselves.

So basically:

1. Go fast enough to kill all the sentinels by 3:14.

2. Kill the last 8 sentinels as fast as possible.

3. Pray to RNGsus to not end your run with a random bug.

• I had these issues as well took me a while to get a run that i was pleased with.

• Post by D3V ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Fastest person so far is Anteey for those that are wondering.

And word of advice for those who are aiming to win: Don't post your video now. Just upload it to YouTube and have it ready to go. Post your video about 10 mins before the event is over. This way, no one can copy your technique and your competitors won't know the time to aim for.

Good luck to all!

• Fastest person so far is Anteey for those that are wondering.

And word of advice for those who are aiming to win: Don't post your video now. Just upload it to YouTube and have it ready to go. Post your video about 10 mins before the event is over. This way, no one can copy your technique and your competitors won't know the time to aim for.

Good luck to all!

Agreed , there's already much faster entires than the ones above , but most people posting now just wants the participation reward , at the moment i've only been able to end the mission with 2:36 minutes left , wich is nowhere near Anteey

But im curious to see the winner

my biggest question tho is , are bug use allowed ? , this is a big part of speedrun and it needs to be clarified

• The point of a speedrun is to use all of the bugs possible :D

Unless the people that haven't posted yet have some crazy exploit, I can't imagine you can go faster than 2:45-ish. The run posted by Anteey is sub-optimal (and the RNG screws him at the end), but even then there isn't a lot of seconds to shave off it.

• I hate to say this, but this is getting worse by the minute... I saw people in here get the last wave at consistently 3:12, now I'm getting it always at 3:09 (and sometimes the sentinels take even 3 seconds to spawn after the explosion). I assume people just have to fish for a stable server to get good times.

• yo what is the point in a speedrun contest if the whole instance is highly scripted. i tried many times to go above 2:16 and its impossible as the first wall doesnt open before 3:09 sometimes 3:04 even.