Battle Royal Game Mode

• Game is far too fast for such a game mode UNLESS they do a more "season 2" of the Battle Royale manga where everything takes place inside a city, forcing close quarters combat.

Battle Royale can actually work in this type of game, with bigger maps. Look at Call of Duty: Online's new battle-royale style mode:

https://youtu.be/PNmE_b_7PfY?t=60

That looks like it could be a fun game. Wonder when an NA publisher will pick it up.

• Battle Royale can actually work in this type of game, with bigger maps. Look at Call of Duty: Online's new battle-royale style mode:

https://youtu.be/PNmE_b_7PfY?t=60

That looks like it could be a fun game. Wonder when an NA publisher will pick it up.

Yeah, I've been wanting CODOL to come to EU/NA for years. I even downloaded the Chinese version at one point but found it unplayable as I had at least 700 ping - it does seem like such a fun game, though.

• That looks like it could be a fun game. Wonder when an NA publisher will pick it up.

Yeah, I've been wanting CODOL to come to EU/NA for years. I even downloaded the Chinese version at one point but found it unplayable as I had at least 700 ping - it does seem like such a fun game, though.

Yeah, not sure why it takes publishers so long to get their hands on the good games that China and Korea are making right now.

• Yeah, I've been wanting CODOL to come to EU/NA for years. I even downloaded the Chinese version at one point but found it unplayable as I had at least 700 ping - it does seem like such a fun game, though.

Yeah, not sure why it takes publishers so long to get their hands on the good games that China and Korea are making right now.

I believe that there should be a 2 sided benefit. One for the publisher and the other for the developer. A publisher before starts to make a contract, may think if it is worth publishing it now or if it is too soon. I guess there's always that security between, if something might go wrong

• I believe that there should be a 2 sided benefit. One for the publisher and the other for the developer. A publisher before starts to make a contract, may think if it is worth publishing it now or if it is too soon. I guess there's always that security between, if something might go wrong

Yes, I realize Publishers generally wait a good year before going after games just to see how it works out. Even still though sometimes they will never pursue games that are really popular and that a lot of EU and NA communities would definitely want and play. Europa, a new BR game coming out this year in China, already has publishers from NA going after it which granted this is the era for BR's and that game is probably gonna be the best BR out there when it does get released but still games like CoDOL, a classic titled game that has always done well in the NA region should've definitely gotten picked up by someone.

• I believe that there should be a 2 sided benefit. One for the publisher and the other for the developer. A publisher before starts to make a contract, may think if it is worth publishing it now or if it is too soon. I guess there's always that security between, if something might go wrong

Yes, I realize Publishers generally wait a good year before going after games just to see how it works out. Even still though sometimes they will never pursue games that are really popular and that a lot of EU and NA communities would definitely want and play. Europa, a new BR game coming out this year in China, already has publishers from NA going after it which granted this is the era for BR's and that game is probably gonna be the best BR out there when it does get released but still games like CoDOL, a classic titled game that has always done well in the NA region should've definitely gotten picked up by someone.

What publishers are going for Europa?

I'd fathom a guess at Aeria (ugh) but I don't know what other companies other than Z8 are still alive these days.

• was going to make a reply on this but some how my post that had no bad words in it got flagged for one.... o.o but i couldnt find one anywhere in it. ill make it short though. BR idea bad.

just add free-for-all insted.

• was going to make a reply on this but some how my post that had no bad words in it got flagged for one.... o.o but i couldnt find one anywhere in it. ill make it short though. BR idea bad.

just add free-for-all insted.

I had the same issue in a really long post I'd made. Took me forever to figure out why. But I agree that BR isn't worth the effort and would much rather see a free-for-all / deathmatch mode.

• was going to make a reply on this but some how my post that had no bad words in it got flagged for on

Forum has a pretty strong censor bot yeah, had the same issue with a whole wall of text I'd written, spent like 15 minutes figuring out what it was.

But to get back on-topic, like you said, free for all would be better for this game (and easier to implement).

I outed this in a previous post here, but spending resources for a fad that will mostly likely die withing 2 years, isn't worth it IMO. I'd rather Wiple Games spend resources on improving the core gameplay, new features, etc. etc.

Besides, they've been teasing a new map and game mode with possible 12v12 on their facebook a few months ago. Heck who knows, maybe it's their own unique version of a 12v12 last man standing/Battle Royale type of match :D

• ( spent 40 mins trying to find the bad word couldnt find it so moved on >.> the bot need to chill ))

anyway on topic.

a BR mode would not only not be plosable with this game but the ammount of stuff that goes into it would be a waist of time just as you said.

all br games have guns laying everywhere on maps this would create lag on the servers. the size of the maps would be to much to start with thay would have to make them huge and even then there could be flaws in the maps them selfs.

add in there would need to be some type of armour system.

and with drones dont even get me started on them !

in the end a free for all is the best choise. atleast then . its something simmaler.

12v12 sounds like a TDM or CTF type map >.>

• Yeah I guess this year will be the year of BR's, we already have IslandsOfNyne and Europa in production. So who knows what other company will give it a try.

Warface,last man standing,islandofnyne,newz and the current f2p br king fortnite. Amazon were rumored to be working on a battle royale game but im not sure if that got canceld or not.

• Personally i feel like theres no reason to play any other battle royale game other than h1z1/pubg/fortnite, why?

Most people've dropped h1z1 except a few people mostly americans, since the developers are throwing money at their esports scene trying to keep it alive, So u can grab some cash before it dies, but it deffinatly looks like its too late. They fucked up to much during their time from EA launch till now, theres no faith in the devs.

Pubg. Huge right now, tons of players promises of continued esport support. Amateur/semi pro-scene is going to explode once they allow monetary pricepools. Needs major optimization work,

Fortnite, F2P BR with a twist, building i must say fortnite makes it work, i was hesitant to try it but i have a blast playing it. Fps is awesome, so happy to have 150+ fps, its a really smooth gaming experience, they had their first? Tournament at dreamhack winter 2017 12000$ and announced they would be bringing leagues and tournaments in 2018.

So why would i play any other BR game that some dev rushes out to cash in on the BR hype? If there is going to be a contender to these 3, it wont release any time soon. I Feel like Ironsight should deffinatly focus on the arenaPvP it got going on. 5v5, 6v6,12v12 work, improve and build on that.

• some BR games are fun but i find there communitys toxic. look at the issues in Gpug with " stream snipeing " thats been going on with streamers. if a streamer in the community screams you stream sniped them your right away banned from the game becuse the devs coddle there streamers and want the publisity.

BR games can be fun but there toxic. and a game like ironsights here dont need that kind of toxicity in its gamer community. look at us here on the forum. the ones that did the beta. we may have a little hate for one another in game but here we dont care how many times Sev sniped us with his sniper or how many frags some of you other guys might of gotten on eachother. over there in the BR scean there so compatative that it makes people NOT want to play there games

giveing us a free for all mode. and some PVE modes or maps and stuff like that can emprove the game. but makeing a huge BR map/mode

i think it would be like poisoning the waters. it would kill the mood of everyone that plays and make us all not want to play anymore with the kind of people it would draw in.

• Heyo everyone,

As much as I would love this to happen (big fan of PUBG), as far as I know, there's no plans on Wipplegames to develop such game mode and as someone said, the game is still pretty young even though BR's mode is indeed a success that started mostly on Arma 3 and slowly got improved to games such as H1Z1 and also Fortnite, being of course PUBG made by the original owners of the mods, it's indeed hard to make it happen on games such as Ironsight for the small size of the maps.

However, keep on suggesting this stuff and lets see what the future reserves for us! :)

Cheers!

- D