Suggestion for Resource Takeover

• As you should know, when you destroy a robot in Resource Takeover it only count as a kill during the match, in the final screen it won't count.

So at the end of a match sometimes I have 40, 50 resources taken but my kd is negative, because I "killed" more bots than players and this is kinda annoying, because you help your team to win the match but ends up with a negative kd. Needless to say, this also discourage players from doing the objective. My suggestion then, obviously, is making the bots you destroyed count as kills.

• Post by LegionDCLXVI ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • I see your point and I agree that the devs need to incentivize players to play objective!

I am wondering though if your suggestion wouldn't devalue kills. I.e. the KDA of a predominantly-RT player would not be as relevant as that of a predominantly-TDM/S&D/etc. player. And killing static bots, whose shooting rate and damage is laughable, doesn't require much skill.

I'd approach this from a different angle, though admittedly this is a more complex solution:

- reward (more) the resource captures. If I am not mistaking, today you get no game points from it. Only kills matter in RT...

- add a stat for team MVP or MVP/games ratio. This and the win ratio will hopefully help people care about the objective.

• killing static bots, whose shooting rate and damage is laughable, doesn't require much skill

Ofc, but it requires skill when the bots are surrounded by enemy players.

Problem is, if you go for the objective, you'll probably end the match with a negative kd. Yesterday I got 45 resources, a negative kd and my team still lost :D Conclusion: it's not worth playing the objective because it will only lower my overall kd.

• As you should know, when you destroy a robot in Resource Takeover it only count as a kill during the match, in the final screen it won't count.

So at the end of a match sometimes I have 40, 50 resources taken but my kd is negative, because I "killed" more bots than players and this is kinda annoying, because you help your team to win the match but ends up with a negative kd. Needless to say, this also discourage players from doing the objective. My suggestion then, obviously, is making the bots you destroyed count as kills.

I still dont understand why players mind their kd ratio in most if not all fps games?? out of experience with other games - just play more you get better. i think the more the kills over your teammates the better you are getting.

When I discovered Ironsight...

giphy.gif

I still dont understand why players mind their kd ratio in most if not all fps games?? out of experience with other games - just play more you get better. i think the more the kills over your teammates the better you are getting.

That's the problem. Players who care so much about kd they don't protect a secure point/take resources 'cos they become an easy target... I don't care that much about kd and always do my best to get the objective done. But if I'm the only one (which often is the case) this will just lower my kd in exchange of nothing, so many matches lost with shi tty teams.

• This would lead to bloated K/D's. Yes there are K/D players in every FPS game, however, there are those of us who have no issues maintaining 2.0+ K/Ds while playing the objective as well. Just gotta be smart in your decision making.

• This would lead to bloated K/D's. Yes there are K/D players in every FPS game, however, there are those of us who have no issues maintaining 2.0+ K/Ds while playing the objective as well. Just gotta be smart in your decision making.

Actually, this would lead to players doing the objective. It's amazing how some people run around the entire map except for the objective area... because destroying the bots will not count to their kd, and like I said before you become an easy target in objective areas. If the bots count as kills, then maybe people could focus on the objective.