Filters by players level

• Hello, I hope this is the right section, I ask you if there's a filter to avoid too high level players to join matches I (but eventually all low level players) am going to play. I feel highly unfair for player of beyond level 300 to join matches where there are just players of not more than level 40 as an average.

More than often usually the teams are unbalanced, with one team with player of average level of 25-30 and the others with multiple players of level 225-300-662

Is there any solution?

thank you in advance

• Hello guidashi,

sadly that kind of filter doesn't exist but many players have shared their thoughts on this manner with mostly the same opinion.

We're waiting for wiple games to bring a solution to this problem

• Hello guidashi,

sadly that kind of filter doesn't exist but many players have shared their thoughts on this manner with mostly the same opinion.

easy make matching making base on kd ratio. its not planet science xd

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• I think what you're saying is pretty much "Bring skill based matchmaking into public matches." In my opinion, this is a horrible idea. Public matches are also called the casual game mode for a reason. People don't always want to feel like they are entering a ranked game every time. This was something i contemplated once and while i certainly understand your concerns it would just bring more problems to the table. All the matches would end similarly with no variation since all players are around the same level. It would divide the player base. What would happen if one were to reach such a high skill level where they would have no opponent possessing the same amount of talent as theirs? Would they just be searching for a game indefinitely? For example if you put a level 500 player in a lv 40 game just because there aren't any other high level players online then what is the point of bringing this feature? And if it was based on K/D how would you stop people from "reverse boosting" where someone kills themselves repeatedly in order to lower their k/d ratio or play bad on purpose to be able to put on easier lobbies? Randomly putting people in a lobby without any filters are what makes these types of games fun. Because otherwise what's the point of playing better? You'd know you'll get punished when you get a good k/d. You'd know that if you ever played well in game the next one would suck because the game decides to put you in a "high skill lobby". People don't want to struggle every single game they play. These kinds of filters make it so the "average joe" gets rewarded for playing average while good players are basically punished. There is a place for skill based matchmaking and it's the ranked mode. Public matches are fine as it is. But these are just my opinions.

TL;DR : It is fine as it is. It should only exist in competitive/ranked game modes.

• Hello guidashi,

easy make matching making base on kd ratio. its not planet science xd

How can i make match based on kd ratio?

• I think what you're saying is pretty much "Bring skill based matchmaking into public matches." In my opinion, this is a horrible idea. Public matches are also called the casual game mode for a reason. People don't always want to feel like they are entering a ranked game every time. This was something i contemplated once and while i certainly understand your concerns it would just bring more problems to the table. All the matches would end similarly with no variation since all players are around the same level. It would divide the player base. What would happen if one were to reach such a high skill level where they would have no opponent possessing the same amount of talent as theirs? Would they just be searching for a game indefinitely? For example if you put a level 500 player in a lv 40 game just because there aren't any other high level players online then what is the point of bringing this feature? And if it was based on K/D how would you stop people from "reverse boosting" where someone kills themselves repeatedly in order to lower their k/d ratio or play bad on purpose to be able to put on easier lobbies? Randomly putting people in a lobby without any filters are what makes these types of games fun. Because otherwise what's the point of playing better? You'd know you'll get punished when you get a good k/d. You'd know that if you ever played well in game the next one would suck because the game decides to put you in a "high skill lobby". People don't want to struggle every single game they play. These kinds of filters make it so the "average joe" gets rewarded for playing average while good players are basically punished. There is a place for skill based matchmaking and it's the ranked mode. Public matches are fine as it is. But these are just my opinions.

TL;DR : It is fine as it is. It should only exist in competitive/ranked game modes.

I am strongly against your opinion, because is wrong putting level 300 players with level 30 players for obvious reasons, I really think this should be adjusted. I understand that there are not enough level 300 players likely, so the idea to adjust it would be to take a level threshold, who is over this threshold can't play with who is within. what do you think?

• Hmm, that is actually much, much better than the k/d idea. But the way I'd personally implement is; First of all, you can have a separate game mode for levels 15 or below for example. It would only have tdm and the xp gained from it can be cut down by half and achievements would be disabled. This would be some sort of a "safe space" for new players to feel what the game is like or maybe train a bit. It should also discourage people from playing this mode. It's purpose should be to introduce new players. Not an easy place to unlock achievements and get easy kills. You can perhaps put some preset classes in there to let new players experience with weapons that they don't have. I'd actually be OK with this. However, keep in mind that this should %100 be an option. This should not be forced down the throat of the players. Let players choose if they want to enter this mode or the normal public matches. While this idea is definitely better than some others it also is not perfect. First, something like this already exists with bots. You can go ahead and play with bots with 3 other teammates. They drop weapons that you may not have and like i said before, xp is reduced and achievements are disabled. However playing against real opponents may be a different experience so this may not be a huge issue. And lastly, unfortunately player levels on this game isn't exactly the best thing to rely on when it comes to how good the player is. For example, people can have experience from other fps games and dominate the lobby when they're just level 3. Or the opposite can happen, someone could play this game for a long time to level up to, let's say, 120 but they would just be a casual gamer that doesn't try that hard and generally finishes on the middle or even the bottom of the scoreboard. Or maybe someone could grind the emp mission in this game for exp and gold. I know i did that when i first started playing the game. I had no weapons and such so i got myself a couple of crates by levelling up with the emp mission to help me get the weapons i want. Anyway, these issues aren't that big and could be solved in one way or another. Hell, you could make it so anyone can join this game mode. I reckon high levels would join it because of reduced xp and disabled achievements. All in all, the best thing to do right now would be to make sure the player base is stable and some sort of change like this wouldn't make the community split so much that finding games would be impossible. Apart from this, I really don't know what more to say to you. CoD was always like this and people had no issue. This year they tried to do something about it and it really upset a ton of people. Knowing that Ironsight and CoD are similar games, I don't think the result would vary that much either. That's why I'm hesitant about this whole thing.

• I think that the level of the players does not demonstrate the skill level, what could improve this situation is to create a channel for the most inexperienced players (Rookie Channel) at least until lvl 30, but even that would not solve the problems of skill difference, because a high level can create a "smurf" account.

• Honestly, levels have nothing to do with skill, it's just playtime. Also, it doesn't matter if you're level 5 or 500, the same weapons are available for all. I've seen good players at low levels, bad players at high levels, in every game I've played.

I agree a team balance system based on KD is the best solution, but then some people would complain too... like happened in CoD.

• And if it was based on K/D how would you stop people from "reverse boosting" where someone kills themselves repeatedly in order to lower their k/d ratio or play bad on purpose to be able to put on easier lobbies?

:D Believe it or not, some people actually did that on CoD, because they were "tired of playing against the same people every match"...

• And if it was based on K/D how would you stop people from "reverse boosting" where someone kills themselves repeatedly in order to lower their k/d ratio or play bad on purpose to be able to put on easier lobbies?

:D Believe it or not, some people actually did that on CoD, because they were "tired of playing against the same people every match"...

Yes! I know this stuff happens on cod, I just don't want it to happen in Ironsight too :D

• Honestly, levels have nothing to do with skill, it's just playtime. Also, it doesn't matter if you're level 5 or 500, the same weapons are available for all. I've seen good players at low levels, bad players at high levels, in every game I've played.

I agree a team balance system based on KD is the best solution, but then some people would complain too... like happened in CoD.

People complain about everything. Everyone has opinions so the best solution has to happen for the sake of gameplay. In cod basing on KD has more close matches than ironsight that usually gets 100-50

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Ironsight is trash, and has been from the start.

They made it so the game is essentially P2W for newer players.

They pair us up with those high pevel who have all the better guns and attachments, special bullets, explosives, ect. Not only do they have all that better gear, but they also have more experience. The repair system on top of that very much hurts the new player experience, and makes it very hard to progress. A lot of newer players lose money the very little money they would of made, just to the repair system.

For all those veteran players saying "git gud", you can just STFU. If it was you in that situation, you wouldn't like it either. In the end the unfairness + your toxicity only kills off the playerbase that much more.

As for longevity, the game isn't good for veterans either. They don't have any prestigious items to unlock like player cards or fancy, flashy, and rare cosmetic item to show off. Once they unlock everything, there's not much point in playing. This game is just not very rewarding of players time.

On top of all those issues, they continue to neglect the game with a lack of updates for:

- bug fixes

- performance issues

- proper weapon balancing

- the atrocious netcode

- the horrible killcams

- anticheat/reporting system to combat hackers

...but they gladly continued to push Special Offers (lootboxes, boosters, ect) that nobody in the right mind would want to buy!

It would if been far better they had implemented the following:

- fair matchmaking with veterans going against other veterans, newer players against newer players. (This would reduce the number of newer players quitting, as well as the number of false hacker reports.)

*This is probably too late to implement now, as there wouldn't be enough players to separate everyone.*

- no repair systems, no temporary items/consumables (unless they're strictly cosmetic)

- all basic, unskinned guns and attachments unlocked for everyone at the start. (If everyone can use the same gun and attachments, then it's fair. Plus, if there's an OP unbalanced gun... well since everyone could use it would at least be fair and there would be fewer complaints.)

- for progression, you unlock strictly cosmetic items. Calling cards, skins, maybe even remodeled guns (example a gun with the same exact stats as the M4, but maybe with a futuristic look). This keeps the game fair for free players and newer players, but still gives a reason for veterans to play. The higher the level, the better the skins and remodels look.

- for monetization, a battlepass filled with similar items as above (but exclusively for players that choose to buy it, not obtainable for free). Same exact stats as the free guns but just with a different look, pay to look cool. No lootboxes, no gambling, no pay to win.

- better netcode. Not everyone has god tier internet or lives close to a server. Nobody likes desync, lag, or failed hit registration.

- more updates to add new content, fixes and optimization, and reduce hackers.

If they did that, then the game wouldn't of been in the state it is now.

You can hate me all you want, but that's the cold hard truth.

I give two types of shots. Medical shots and gunshots! 8o

• Before anything else, I agree - the game is complete and utter piece of trash.

Some of these "suggestions" are imbecilic, but for some I agree.

Repair system has never been a problem, it's just that it took them a long time before they made it easier to repair weapons. Before you had to repair each weapon one by one, then switch the layout and repeat. Later it was changed so you click one button and repair the whole layout, which is as good as it can get.

If weapons are all unlocked from the start then what the heck am I going to play for? Part of the charm and appeal in these F2P Asian FPS games is that you unlock weapons along the way - you play, you earn in-game currency, you buy weapons, you buy attachments and see performance improvements, which causes the release of more dopamine in the brain and makes you happier and more excited to keep playing. If all the guns are unlocked by default, I will probably play like 5 hours and uninstall forever. That's just lazy people's request, not an actual, sensible feedback.

If cosmetics are the only "progression", it further begs the question "what the heck am I going to play for?" I hate skins and don't care about them one bit, so if the only thing I'm unlocking is skins, then it feels like I'm not unlocking anything and the game is mocking me and my intelligence.

Part of what kept me motivated when playing Online FPS games like Alliance of Valiant Arms, Blacklight Retribution or Ghost in the Shell: First Assault has been the weapon unlocking mechanic where I play, I earn money and use them to buy new weapons and weapon attachments, in Blacklight Retribution it was different, because there were no weapons, only weapon parts that you could piece together and create your own unique weapons that serve the purpose of complementing your play style perfectly.

Netcode was never fixed - true, it was OK for Korea, but everywhere else in the world it's garbage-tier.

Content was always scarce - playing in 2020 would be like playing in the Autumn 2017 CBT - pretty much everything is the same, except the main menu used to be white and now it's black... big deal... massive changes...

• If you don't like the game, it's your right. But calling it trash and P2W? LOL

All weapons are available since start, all you need is some hours or even minutes playing to get the weapon you want. All weapons share the same price. I've never seen a game where grinding for a weapon/item is so easy and fast.

I have all weapons and never spent a cent in the game. You're just too bad or lazy to get anything, that's the cold hard truth :D

• It's funny how people complain about everything. If weapons weren't all unlocked from the start, then people would say "oh this guy is lvl 100 and is killing me with an op weapon I can't have, this is sooo unfair..." Luckily, this doesn't happen in this game.

• Most F2P FPS games nowadays don't have P2W mechanics anymore, because as soon as players find out, they quit. So this game is no different than Black Squad or something else.

Except this game is very bad, never got fixed, never got content updates for 2 years since February 2018 and will soon shut down before the end of 2020 because of how bad and mismanaged it is.

New games, hopefully less horrible, will replace this one and welcome the playerbase. Everyone will move on and this one will be dead and forgotten.

• Most F2P FPS games nowadays don't have P2W mechanics anymore

Then why do people complain about it all the time?

On a side note, if Ironsight is a very bad game, I really don't know what to say about Black Squad... couldn't play it for more than 15mins. Can you recommend us a good f2p fps game? CSGO and COD don't count, pls.