Any plans for in-game reporting?

• Not saying this game is full of cheaters, but they are a thing.

As with any free to play game, if action is taken they just make a new account, and with the current reporting system, it takes longer to report someone, than for an actual cheater to make a new email, new account, and get back into the game. Seriously, go over to the support page and see how long it takes you to find the actual ticket system.

With Steam launch on the distant horizon, the number of actual cheaters will go up exponentially, and most people arent going to go through the headache that is the Glyph ticket system. Sure it cuts out a huge number of would-be reports from someone who things playing well means cheating by having a puzzle to solve to submit a ticket, but it'd also allow so many more people to report those few actual cheaters.

• Hello Purrple,

there are plans from wiple game's side to bring back the ingame reporting. It had been removed in the passed because someone could overuse it and cause lag spikes to the affected player. This is an information which they have revealed on their Asian Discord server and we will let you know once we have more details.

Cheers

• Do you mean the Asian version? Since they announced in their own discord, it might be possible that they have it in their version already but it was indeed there during the korean time and during the beginning of our beta phase, which as mentioned above, had to be disabled due to a bug.

• I wouldn't open a ticket if I just assume that some maybe would have the intention to be a potential hacker.
    I open one with a video once I am sure. In-game reports won't really make a change and would only be used for frustration reduction.

change-my-mind-report.png

• Game publishers, especially for the F2P part, are tending to the lazy side when it comes to hunting down cheaters.

In most cases, you have to show proof in form of pictures or video and to go through a ticket system that makes your tax declarations look like Kindergarten.

In fact, you spend alot more time and work into a report with video-proof than the cheater with creating a new account. That's not the way it should be.

I made some reports in the past, when i played my first f2p games, but i will never waste my time again that way, just to make the work for the publishers and devs. That's not my job.

I've seen so many good games go downhill when cheaters flooded the servers. Time will tell if the publisher/devs of IS will do better than most of the f2p competitors ...

• Game publishers, especially for the F2P part, are tending to the lazy side when it comes to hunting down cheaters.

In most cases, you have to show proof in form of pictures or video and to go through a ticket system that makes your tax declarations look like Kindergarten.

In fact, you spend alot more time and work into a report with video-proof than the cheater with creating a new account. That's not the way it should be.

[...]

I've seen so many good games go downhill when cheaters flooded the servers. Time will tell if the publisher/devs of IS will do better than most of the f2p competitors ...

The ban is most likely executed by EAC at the end. EAC saves the data and will ban users for similar hacks in the future. So they also have to spend time changing the code for their hacks. The only differenc between a F2P company and a B2P company is that users can easily create new accounts. The report input is the same.

And still, I barely see anyone who could be possibly a hacker in Ironsight.

Oh, and I wouldn't call it lazyness of the support team, they get enought reports each day. Not doing proper reports is lazy.

• The ban is most likely executed by EAC at the end. EAC saves the data and will ban users for similar hacks in the future. So they also have to spend time changing the code for their hacks. The only differenc between a F2P company and a B2P company is that users can easily create new accounts. The report input is the same.

And still, I barely see anyone who could be possibly a hacker in Ironsight.

Oh, and I wouldn't call it lazyness of the support team, they get enought reports each day. Not doing proper reports is lazy.

Not really. I ve been gaming for a while starting from CS (not CSGO) etc and cheaters ALWAYS have been a problem in any games.

However BIG companies which provided a paid service did at least have an incentive to protect other players interests. If a guy paid let's say 15-20 euros for an online game then he would be REALLY unhappy to see loads of cheaters in it.

In order to keep paying customers moar or less happy the companies at least partly investing to a proper anti-cheat system.

As I already mentioned in other posts, I also play Apex which btw, roflcopter, also F2P *and* uses EAC for anti-cheat.

The latter i.e. specifically EAC been a laughing stock there since the release. Amongst serious gamers the EAC is considered to be pretty much obsolete and non-efficient. Apex had *massive* amount of haxxors, especially on asian servers, the developers kinda more or less contained the problem by now, but it took them liek 6 months (!!) to bring the levels down to more or less manageable levels. And they had an EAC from the very first release.

But note that the problem was contained only AFTER the in-game reporting was introduced. It was not from the very begining and the devs did acknowledge later on that in-game reports helped them a lot with identifying unknown cheats.