Incendiary Bombs A SDP Rework

• So I have already submitted a support ticket on this but I figure I'd see if I can't drum up some support here as well.

So in truly masochistic fashion I have set on a journey of Tier 5 Mastering all the Lethal weapons. I only have Incendiary, Claymore, and Spring Mines left. Currently working on incendiary Bombs.

Now the way they work now just plan sucks. The damage is far too low and the tick rate is too slow. Now BEFORE anyone jumps down my throat for saying such words here me out.

You can throw your incendiary, it ignites the ground blah blah all is good but if you ignite a player and they walk out of it visually they are on FIRE. They might get one tick of damage and then the damage stops but yet they are still visually on fire for a good 3 to 5 seconds afterwards. So Either the initial damage needs to be increased, or the tick damage needs to be tick faster.

Regardless since we have the Perk Blast Protection (Even though that doesn't work properly either) I still feel as though the damage needs to be slightly increased on the Incendiary Bombs since getting kills is outrageously difficult. Now before anyone says it yes I know secure point is a gamemode, and it still doesn't help me all that much in getting Incendiary kills.

Now other than those 2 suggestions I want to propose a new mechanic. If you get caught on fire via the Incendiary bomb. The fire visual effect should stay on you and TICK for the damage that it SHOULD do and these effects should be permanent until you STOP, DROP, and PRONE. This way its actually palatable to even remotely think about trying to master/use the Incendiary Bomb. I'm currently at 243 Incendiary Bomb kills out of 375 and as soon as I get these I will be done with the Incendiary Bomb, but through the Pain I have suffered through I am hoping that some changes to this lethal weapon come to fruition and make it an actual FUN Lethal Weapon to use.

To close my rant I personally want to see the Stop, Drop, and Prone mechanic incorporated and I would like to see either the damage increased or the ticker rate increased. I honestly feel as though it needs both to be fully usable.

• My opinion on this incediary granade is, that it is a very tactical nade to zone the enemy. I don't see a purpose in this nade to kill someone, but to zone them. Eg: bombplace, sniper spot, tactical bottlenecks, camper spots and more things. If you kill someone it is most likely luck, because the enemy was low or stupidity of the enemy.
    I most likely doubt that wiple games (the actual developer) will implement new mechanic or effect to this game for a nade which may need a rebalance, but works perfectly fine for the needs of most players.
    Additional I don't like this new mechanic, some players are already annoyed by the zoning effect of this lethal granade. Adding this burning effect to it until someone prones or whatever (tick damage makes here more sense), will just put additional stress to the player who is effected, already thinking of all the drones flying around and snipers sitting on their spots.

Conclusion: Just to be able to grind an achievement better, it isn't good to attack the balance of the game, but maybe to adjust the kills needed for this achievement. The incendary nade is already very powerful and works well if you know when to use it. Not always to kill, but mostly to give you a tactical advantage.

• I would like a slight damage increase, because I've had way too many people just run through my incendiaries or just continue standing in them to cap a CP because they do tiddly bits worth of damage. But unfortunately, as Gamga said, they're more suited to area denial than for offense even if they're not very effective at denying areas :(

• My opinion on this incediary granade is, that it is a very tactical nade to zone the enemy. I don't see a purpose in this nade to kill someone, but to zone them. Eg: bombplace, sniper spot, tactical bottlenecks, camper spots and more things. If you kill someone it is most likely luck, because the enemy was low or stupidity of the enemy.
    I most likely doubt that wiple games (the actual developer) will implement new mechanic or effect to this game for a nade which may need a rebalance, but works perfectly fine for the needs of most players.
    Additional I don't like this new mechanic, some players are already annoyed by the zoning effect of this lethal granade. Adding this burning effect to it until someone prones or whatever (tick damage makes here more sense), will just put additional stress to the player who is effected, already thinking of all the drones flying around and snipers sitting on their spots.

Conclusion: Just to be able to grind an achievement better, it isn't good to attack the balance of the game, but maybe to adjust the kills needed for this achievement. The incendary nade is already very powerful and works well if you know when to use it. Not always to kill, but mostly to give you a tactical advantage.

Well if your argument against it is that route lol then we just need to remove Incendiary Bombs from the achievement list in the first place. OR change the achievement to something along the lines of zoning duration on a point instead of kills. Otherwise the achievement is pointless. That or they could make the changes anyways cuz like mentioned above lol we do have Blast Protection. Honestly that should be a requirement to survive an Incendiary Bombs anyway.

Regardless however, they DO need to change the fact that IF the enemy that just leaves the fire radius and is visually on fire they should remain on fire and taking damage for the remainder of the visual representation, because those 3 to 5 seconds of being visually on fire could absolutely be enough to kill a target.

• hijacking the thread :)

S-Mines please improve. Very weak, I'm finally @tier4 s-mine (75 kills completed). It activates very slowly. Quite often a guy can just sprint around the mine and by the time it actually springs and explodes it deals very reduced damage or no damage at all.

Also in a fight if you throw smine at enemy's feet you have 95% change that you get killed before it activates even though the enemy almost literally on top of the mine. Looks like it has about a second (or maybe a bit less) activation delay. And then it springs which takes another half second or so.

• hijacking the thread :)

S-Mines please improve. Very weak, I'm finally @tier4 s-mine (75 kills completed). It activates very slowly. Quite often a guy can just sprint around the mine and by the time it actually springs and explodes it deals very reduced damage or no damage at all.

Also in a fight if you throw smine at enemy's feet you have 95% change that you get killed before it activates even though the enemy almost literally on top of the mine. Looks like it has about a second (or maybe a bit less) activation delay. And then it springs which takes another half second or so.

Hijack away lol. Though the only thing I want to change on S-mines and Claymores is the duration. sure some people can claim that if they stay too long it promotes too much chaos hence why they magically vanish the instant your player dies. Since the code of the mines are linked directly to player life. So if that could be tweaked to at least stay for 2 lives or until replaced would be a vast improvement. 2 lives or maybe 15 seconds after your death. But yeah this instant magic that removes them on character death needs to go. I understand on the chaos front and the entity generation front but still it needs to go. If people keep dying to mines then either A: said person needs to open their eyes when they run around. B: quit taking the same route over and over again. or C: Quit killing the dude that plants the mines, cuz they can only have 2 unless they die...

• Unfortunately you guys are suggesting for Grade AAA game feedback which these devs has other things to worry about lol

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Unfortunately you guys are suggesting for Grade AAA game feedback which these devs has other things to worry about lol

well im kinda expecting oh you know the game that they made to actually work as they designed it to. I mean they are visually on fire, they should burn. You know like it partially does right now. Except actually make it for the full duration of the visual effects.

• Though the only thing I want to change on S-mines and Claymores is the duration. sure some people can claim that if they stay too long it promotes too much chaos hence why they magically vanish the instant your player dies.

Agreed. But not too much. Staying for 2 lives is chaos.

They should last until at least your respawn, like all the bots. Funny that nades etc also stay if you die. But mines/claymore/etc do not.

well im kinda expecting oh you know the game that they made to actually work as they designed it to. I mean they are visually on fire, they should burn. You know like it partially does right now. Except actually make it for the full duration of the visual effects.

Same but sadly you cant expect that for these devs

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif