Reason to ban people...

• Post by rEdZor ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: Against the forum TOS, my bad ().
  • There is no way to discuss the penalties. These are set by the customer support. And having a 2 days ban isn't a big deal.
    Vote kick is already a long requested thing in this game, but as you can see, is not there and I think that's a good thing too, since it may get abused by larger parties.
    AFK Timeout wasn't a big topic yet and may be discussed and I am all in for this.

Why make the game pay for your failures?

As said in the last threads, leave the queue if you leave your PC. Not respecting the ToS which you have accepting by creating the account will result in penalties.
    Even if it is a minor violation of the ToS.
    Additional, it is not allowed to discuss bans on the forum. So you may rewrite the thread.

Please do not attempt to discuss action taken by the administration against your (or someone else’s) account in public. Instead, you should use the proper avenue (a ticket) to appeal the decision.

Source: Official Ironsight Forum Rules

• I still think the penalty for my absolute game breaking failiure is a bit too much. I did contact the costumer service, and I sent the same kind of recommendation for the changes.

Why make the game pay for your failures?

As I already mentioned : AFK-ing is really not a huge deal in casual matches ( at least in my oppinion ). In every third match I encounter AFK-ers... Which is quite a big number of players. Now, we are talking about a free to play game, some people would just quit after they've had a 2day ban because of AFK-ing once. I think that's something they should change. The game's player base is already going downhill. No-one wants the game to die. ( Well at least I don't, that's for sure ) We don't need to lose players because they went AFK in a CASUAL match and got banned. ~auto kick them~

The post was edited 1 time, last by rEdZor ().

• I still have yet to run into any hackers in this game, so I feel like something doesn't add up when I see people crying about other players hacking. As for afking in matches I agree it should just auto-kick after a set amount of time instead of banning. However, I feel like you weren't banned for afking and it was for something else instead. Again something doesn't add up here.

• I still have yet to run into any hackers in this game, so I feel like something doesn't add up when I see people crying about other players hacking. As for afking in matches I agree it should just auto-kick after a set amount of time instead of banning. However, I feel like you weren't banned for afking and it was for something else instead. Again something doesn't add up here.

Interesting question. How many hackers are there? Because sometimes I can see weird sh**t like people knowing which way I approach even though i have silent steps and there was no drone (early rounds S&D).

Interesting question. How many hackers are there? Because sometimes I can see weird sh**t like people knowing which way I approach even though i have silent steps and there was no drone (early rounds S&D).

There's like 3 different types of UAV's in this game to see people, silent steps don't work on this game. And plus there's hardly any varying routes in this game

The only thing I see when it comes to "HACKS" in this game are Netcode issues, people who have modified their .Ini files which should be and I think IS a bannable offense.

Other than that I occasionally run into people that have some REALLY REALLY good softpoint bullets. Supposedly Soft point bullets jarrs your vision a bit if your ADSing from what I understand. And either barely anyone in the game uses the different bullet types OR the Soft Point Bullets don't do all that much in terms of jarring the vision. Then in walks said people that have a REALLY REALLY good Soft point bullet. I get hit by one of these players and normally im decently accurate on a persons torso at all times, but when these people show up I'm aiming everywhere BUT their torso, and the aiming reticle is all of a sudden inched away from the target whereas normally it barely ever moves off of them. So honestly IDK WTFORD is going on with the programming side of this game.

• In the rare moments when i had to go AFK in a running match (like answering a phone call or opening the door for the postman), i got kicked out of the match pretty soon and without any ban.

But i guess avoiding this automatic kick by using a Macro can be a reason for such a ban ...

• The only thing I see when it comes to "HACKS" in this game are Netcode issues, people who have modified their .Ini files which should be and I think IS a bannable offense.

Modifying the ini files is not, and never was, a ban-able offense. (in case of ironsight)

"ini" is short for "initialization". For those not into programming, in short, its always a general rule to initialize any variable that you will use in the game. Calling a variable that is not initialized results in the game crashing.

Ironsight has 2 main ini files to run on: the "ironsight.ini" and the "ironsight_local.ini". The one that runs first is the "ironsight.ini". This file initializes the variables. The "ironsight_local.ini" is the one that calls the variables and overwrites it based on the user preferences. If you change your ingame settings, the "ironsight_local.ini" file will change, but not the "ironsight.ini".

The ironsight_local.ini is completely free to be altered by the user should the ingame settings not be satisfactory. The main reason it is not recommended to do so is because people often mess up what the variable data type needs and often end up writing an unsupported type, which results the game crashing or triggering EAC (although the anti cheat does not check this file in perticular)

The ironsight.ini file however, should never be changed, as this is the file that runs first to initialize the variables such that they are usable for the game.