Fixes and Changes Necessary for a Better Game

• I really love Ironsight, I think it’s one of the best FPS games out there right now. Being that the game is still in “Beta” there are of course a number of things that need to be addressed to make the game better. I want to see Ironsight become as popular as possible and be in the best state possible. I’m sure a lot of these changes have been said before, which is evidence they need to be addressed. I’ve ordered them from most important topic to least important topic in my opinion. I’m sure there’s lots of issues I haven’t come across myself, but if I do, I'll be sure to mention them.

Networking

-I get kicked out of games pretty frequently. I have pretty good internet, however, it will randomly ping spike during certain times of the day for short periods of time. The spikes can range from 200ms to over 1000ms. The problem is it’s often over the 400ms limit before you get removed from a game. The fix to this is adding a time limit, so your ping needs to be above 400ms for a certain amount of time before being kicked. It’s frustrating to be removed from a game just because my ping randomly spikes. Adding a time delay means I can wait out the ping spike and get back in the action instead of being removed entirely.

-Overall, the networking and netcode is much better than it used to be. However dying or taking damage behind walls, getting kicked from games, or simply losing gunfights to lag is extremely frustrating. Networking is an area of a game that can always be improved, Ironsight is no different.

Bug Fixes

-13 players will be added to a game instead of the 12 player limit giving one team 7 players and the other team 6 players. It doesn’t happen often but it shouldn’t happen at all.

-Sometimes a game will start, but no one can move and everyone gets kicked out of the game.

-Sometimes, a Frag Grenade or Flash Grenade (or similar item) will disappear after throwing, only to reappear in the on-screen inventory. Switching to it shows nothing on the screen until you switch to a different item or weapon, at which point it disappears from the inventory.

-Achievements sometimes reset, causing you to lose the corresponding Title or Emblem; achievements can also be looped through after completion.

-Sometimes you encounter an error when attempting to open a Supply Drop or collect items from the Storage.

-You can die to explosions after a game or round ends.

-Weapons will occasionally reload an invisible mag.

-Sometimes an emote will reset to default in one of the emote slots.

-The description for the Balance Skill is inaccurate. It does not reduce recoil by 50%, instead it reduces idle sway by 50%.

Gameplay Changes

-The standard health regeneration is way to slow. Even with the Quick Recovery Skill it’s still to slow. The slow health regen unnecessarily slows down the game and encourages camping after taking damage. Ironsight is a fast paced FPS, with small maps, a fast time to kill, and good aggressive gameplay. The slow health regen does not fit with the pace and feel of the rest of the game. It’s very frustrating to take damage and feel scared to venture out anywhere knowing you’re at a huge disadvantage, leading to just waiting in a corner for the health to come back. Obviously, you don’t want the health regen to be too fast, but having it this slow encourages slower gamestyles. Because the standard health regen is so slow, the Quick Recovery Skill is a crutch Skill. If you don’t have this in your class you are at a huge disadvantage. This creates additional problems (see below) and to fix this I think the health regen rate from the Quick Recovery Skill should be the game standard (at the very least) and the Skill should be removed entirely.

-Lethal explosives (Frag Grenades, Sticky Grenades, Explosive Knife, etc.) are too strong, especially since you get at least one on every class on every life. Secure Point is basically Nade Spam the Point. This is compounded by two things. First, you can equip Gear Pouch to double the amount of Lethal and Tactical items you have. Second, the Blast Protection Skill that counters explovies is in the 3rd Skill slot. Why is this a problem. Because the Quick Recovery Skill is also in the 3rd Skill slot, and that Skill is a crutch Skill (due to the slow health regen in the game). To fix this issue, remove Quick Recovery and make that Skill’s health regen rate the standard for the game (same fix as above). That way you can equip Blast Protection without being at a huge disadvantage.

-The spawns could see an improvement. I sometimes spawn right next to an enemy or sometimes I see enemies spawn right in front of me. This leads to spawn camping and other issues.

-The Incendiary Bomb has no counterplay making it too effective in Secure Point. Adding fire resistance to the Blast Protection Skill would balance the Incendiary Bomb a little better. You can keep an entire team out of an area with the Incendiary Bomb since there’s no way to reduce fire damage taken.

-Either the Soft-Point Bullets need to be removed, or something needs to counter them. Increasing the flinch (aim punch) in a gunfight gives that player a huge advantage. Winning a head to head gunfight against someone with Soft-Point Bullets is very difficult. To fix this I recommend removing them entirely. It just gives too much of an advantage for a timed item you can buy.

Balancing

-Overall, I think the balancing is pretty good and the issues above should be addressed first before any balancing changes are made. Although a lot of the weapons and items in the game could use some balancing, the ones outlined below need it the most.

-The snipers (mainly the DSR-1 and the Blaser R93) are a bit too strong. I don’t want to see the snipers nerfed to the point they aren’t really viable. However, even I can beat SMGs at close range even if they fire first and I’m terrible at sniping. I think the quick swapping technique (where swapping weapons after firing eliminates the rechamber animation on bolt action snipers) should be removed from the game. I know this takes skill and practice to do correctly, but that doesn’t mean it should be in the game. There is already an attachment that reduces the bolt rechamber animation time, there doesn’t need to be two ways to do that. Just make the bolt rechamber necessary, regardless of switching weapons or not. Perhaps increasing the aim down sight time of the snipers would balance them with the other weapons, but personally I’m not sure how to balance them best.

-The AK-12 is terrible. It’s a worse AK-47 (worse damage, worse range, and a worse rate of fire) with slightly better recoil. It has the slowest time to kill of any AR in the game. Currently, there is no reason to use the AK-12 over any other AR.

• Agree with pretty much everything you said.

About the soft tip bullets though. Does anyone not use these?

They are basically the default ammo at this point and, like the basic throwables, I think they should make them actually default and free to use. Once the Magnum and EMP ammo is released then you can make armour piercing and the two new ammo types premium and continue to charge for these. A small amount of aim punch should also be added to the premium ammo so that it's not a disadvantage to use them.

• I get kicked out of games pretty frequently. I have pretty good internet, however, it will randomly ping spike during certain times of the day for short periods of time. The spikes can range from 200ms to over 1000ms.

This is a bug. Even though I dont have such problem with my internet I also have this problem occasionally -- i.e. being kicked due to a high ping. Maybe once every 2-3 days.

-Sometimes a game will start, but no one can move and everyone gets kicked out of the game.

This bug has been known for MONTHS. Happens almost every day at least once. What is worse when this happens, people continue to login the same game and that's why all get frozen again. And that game is finished only once people leave and it ends in EZ victory. Very annoying when it happens.

-The spawns could see an improvement. I sometimes spawn right next to an enemy or sometimes I see enemies spawn right in front of me. This leads to spawn camping and other issues.

The real problem is not spawn camping. The problem is that those respawned enemies have invulnerability for a short while. More than enough to kill you. One of the worst maps for that is the airport.