The Ballistic shield.

• The Asian client has the ballistic shield implemented into the game. What does it feel like, you wonder?

How it works:

Walking puts the shield up front, taking most of the frontal damage. Emphasis on "most" is because it doesn't block all of them. Your legs are still exposed and, when strafing, so does your shoulders. So you can still get hit with shield on. Sprinting removes the shield, and your character is just running bare. You have a Desert Eagle as your weapon. it behaves exactly like as if it was a secondary weapon. It's not possible to shoot while shielded. Your primary way of killing is with your deagle, but you can also ram the shield on enemies, since you only have 28 bullets in the Deagle, you will run out of ammo. Ramming is like the CSGO front right-click knifing, except you need to press mouse1 to ram it. By the way, you can only fire the deagle if you right-click (ADSing). Pressing left click only will trigger the shield ram. Ramming with the shield is a TERRIBLE idea as enemy players can just knife you through the shield. Note that ADSing will render all except your stomach region exposed.

How good it is?

The shield is best used against snipers, which again received an ADS nerf. The shield is moderately effective against SMGs and are worst against ARs and LMGs. ARs pack a bigger punch on the arms and legs and LMGs have a lot of ammo + fire rate. You need to be good with the deagle in order to be most effective with the shield, and because of which, it's best used in mid range. The Ironsight in the shield's desert eagle isn't actually ideal for long range battles, either

Additional:

The shield also sort of protects you from grenade blasts, but not the tactical nades nor the firebomb. It also provides 40% damage reduction on explosive barrels only. It's like having another blast protection perk on you.

Which gamemodes is it most effective in?

SnD (on a coordinated team) and Secure point. Pretty self explanatory why if you ask me.

Note:

The shield does not work as a frying pan b*** armour in PUBG, just saying...

Also, you can still have another secondary weapon with you, since the shield's desert eagle counts as a primary.

The shield cannot take in any attachments. The desert eagle cannot even take a sight.

My thoughts:

Its clunky. I do see it being very powerful, but the lack of ammo and its clunky mechanics makes it sort of unenjoyable. And I'm the kind of guy who likes to play it safe.

• Honestly, I would much prefer the shield to be a secondary, like, it will deploy automatically when you run out of ammo, and shielding you as you reload. Or have it place-able like a Shield drone to act as portable cover. Currently, I see the shields as underpowerd primaries in TDM and RT, but rather OP in SnD (subjective) and SC.

• Persononally I'd rather have the shield focus on defense, maybe make it slightly bigger and close the gap that's at the feet, with only close range capabilities. What I mean with that is they should take away the deagle and give the shield some unique attachments instead, that would force you to switch to your secondary for "long" range combat. Maybe it could have some sort of "shield charge", like in CoD WW2, where when you sprint and press the Melee button your soldier would charge forward at double the sprint speed (which also means double stamina drain) and if you connect with an enemy it would kill them instantly, you could not charge again until your stamina is fully recovered. This could make for an offensive tool but also for a good chance to retreat.

I also have some ideas for attachments if anyone is interested.

• Interesting ... but ... well ... i don't like it at all. Nice to have for a tactical shooter like the Rainbow Six series, but for a game like Ironsight, it bears the risk to change the character of game too much.

Can be kinda game breaking if you have game lobbies with grouped players in a team, using the shield in a very tactical way against random players.

• Interesting ... but ... well ... i don't like it at all. Nice to have for a tactical shooter like the Rainbow Six series, but for a game like Ironsight, it bears the risk to change the character of game too much.

Can be kinda game breaking if you have game lobbies with grouped players in a team, using the shield in a very tactical way against random players.

I think wiple introduced the shield in mind that players will do teamwork with it, because a shield against a group of enemies doesn't work well at all. But with backup, the shield works very well. Probably why it's viable in SC and SnD, because players actually tend to stick together there. Getting kills with the shield is very difficult. As you can barely get 12 kills with it. Players often want kills over teamwork, a thats why I rarely see a shield being used.

It's not like the Shield is slow (it had a movement speed buff recently, but still clunky). But Ironsight players are generally not into the tactical (planning) aspect of the game and are more into getting more kills.

• I think its more useful on longer maps like cruise so they cant flank around. Im pretty sure the shield cant break cuz the penetration mechanic is bad. And also no ricochets cuz wiple games are too slow to do those extra mechanics

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• i donot see it is important to make it now also u have to fix bugs first and netcode and knife bug and clays bug and etccc........ also what if i sniper and he in close range wth should i do ? if he shileded all time , ok np with shiled, but fixes r much better now there alot missing ideas u didnot do it yet focus on important stuff first also it is good , but not the right time tho .

• also what if i sniper and he in close range wth should i do ? if he shileded all time ,

Throw a grenade so that he has to look away (flash is better). and / or you could get run/jump straight to him and knife. works well unless if he knows how to knife back himself.

And as for your concern of whether this is not the right time for more content, I get mixed messages of whether Wiple should focus on content or on fixes. It seems that there are equal number of people asking for content and for fixes. And judging Wiple's track record, they can't keep up with both. I personally would have wanted more performance improvement than anything else.

• also what if i sniper and he in close range wth should i do ? if he shileded all time ,

Throw a grenade so that he has to look away (flash is better). and / or you could get run/jump straight to him and knife. works well unless if he knows how to knife back himself.

And as for your concern of whether this is not the right time for more content, I get mixed messages of whether Wiple should focus on content or on fixes. It seems that there are equal number of people asking for content and for fixes. And judging Wiple's track record, they can't keep up with both. I personally would have wanted more performance improvement than anything else.

If netcode doesnt make him faster then that can work lol

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

ok i understand but for example look to this man he playing well but from this video i believe it is kinda unbalanced at all..

• and last thing forget to mention if i hold balistic shield and Use this ( 40- reduce dmg of nades / have 2 remote bombs and 2 flash / and throw nades fast and planting c4 and defuse fast ) those 3 skills with that gun makes u immortal :cursing::evil::!::?:i believe that is unfair ^^

• The video seems outdated. There was a nerf to the ballistic shield where it ADS slower, as well as it's movement speed.

The shield only works well in a 1v1 situation. In a 1v2, it's unlikely to win, that is, if both players are focusing on the shield. I myself only use the ballistic shield in Snd and Secure point because players are likely to group up there, making it easier to focus. However, if you have backup, your shield works for you as a massive distraction.

From my experience, players don't like playing the ballistic shield because they cannot get too many kills with it. you will rarely find players using the ballistic shield in TDM and Resource takeover.

Also it doesn't make you immortal. tactical nades still bypasses the shield due to their nature. And to survive a nade blast, you need to look directly at the nade so that you don't take damage, which would mean turning your back to the enemy.

Most of the kills you will get from the ballistic shield is not by the shield or the deagle itself, but by the use of nades and your knife, both of which can work against you from the enemy.

this isn't to say that the shield isn't broken, because it clearly is. Just not overpowerd, but extremely situational. I personally would want a sight attached to the deagle and have the shield a durability meter, where at one point, it will break.