Ready for another report? Good!
This month we’ll take look at a couple feedback threads, talk about the team and address a few other topics.
Grab a cup of coffee and let’s dive right in.
Let’s begin with a few issues where your feedback is needed.
First, in my last HQ Report, I asked for your opinions on our recently opened Game and Web Shops. Since we did not receive a lot of responses, we’re once again asking that you make your voices be heard by completing our short questionnaire which is available here.
Tell us what you'd like to see again, see more of or see never again. Keep mind that we plan things ahead of time and need to carefully consider your feedback and various thoughts on the matter. For these reasons, changes will occur incrementally over time. But I want to let you know that improvements in this area are one of the hot topics amongst our team.
Second, I’ve seen your feedback on Ranked and Drones here.
It appears that most of you are against having drones. This is being considered but I like thinking non-binary! So, let's not take it as "all drones" vs "no drones" and think what can be the “middle ground”.
Drones can add a lot of strategy in the mix. Why are they unwanted? Is it because they aren't "shooting"? Are some too powerful? In this topic I mostly focused on alternative tournament rules, but we can also discuss other things: Would it help to restrict the count of drones per team? Would it help to draft drones by taking turns similar to MOBAs? What else can be done? I'm very curious to hear interesting ideas from the community in order to find a compromise.
The next major point on my agenda are the changes in the team. We recently introduced FireWarrior and Selene to the Ironsight community. They've been working really hard behind the scenes - FireWarrior for quite a while actually! Another change was CM Splashy becoming a Game Specialist as part of my secret retinue, along with Flloyd.
Then there is the ultimate topic: What are the next steps for Ironsight? Are we going on Steam? When's the next patch coming? What's in the patch?
For those questions, I’m asking you to wait just a bit longer. We are working on some things at the moment and soon we'll have more to show. That said, you may see some new features being teased for the Asian version. I ask that you take these with a “pinch of salt” as there are differences between the game across regions.
Last but not least, I want to talk about esports. There are multiple facets to esports.
- HQ Tournaments: We’ve finally started with these! We are starting rather small so we can iron out all the kinks and monitor your interest. It’s our hope these tournaments will grow in time. Do expect tournaments of different sizes, with different rules and in different regions!
- Community Tournaments: These are already happening. We would like to support these tournaments and we will talk about this in more detail in the future.
- Professional Tournaments: We have some cool thoughts on this - again, more details will be forthcoming in time.
- Ranked Mode: Obviously, this is a very important piece of the puzzle and we'll be improving all parts of it in due time.
- Custom Mode: We will be adding more options in the future.
Please be assured we listen to all your feedback but change will happen gradually. Once again, we ask your patience and understanding.
That'll be all from us this time. Please continue sharing your opinions and enjoy the game!
PS: I'd suggest checking your emails if you are subscribed to our newsletters - we have a small gift for you!