HQ REPORT #6

• HQ_report_6_banner_ENDE.png

Hello everyone and welcome to HQ Report #6.

Grab your beverage of choice and come over, let's talk.

May was a busy month! We released the Phoenix Update. If you haven't, check the trailer (headphone warning though.)

Content Update - Phoenix

You can read about it here.

Then we opened our web shop which you can find here.

Meanwhile, we had a problem with GP gains and repair costs, but we've tried our best to negate any potential damage.

Somehow, with all that's going on, May has ended and June arrived. But what's in store for Ironsight now? What's next?

Time to delve deeper into the topics.

Phoenix Update

This was the biggest update we've had for a long while with so much change!

The Iron Pass was very interesting for most of you, evident by hundreds and thousands and millions (might be slightly exaggerated) of you who purchased it. We think it can be even better and we'll be providing further feedback to Wiple about that.

Ranked Mode hase been embraced as well, although we have some things to work on. We're reading the feedback on both technical problems and also the system. We've reported certain topics already and Wiple is looking forward to hearing more.

We've also been reading on the reactions to balance changes. While there are discussion about all the particular changes, I found some interesting questions about the philosophy of balance in general and I've reached out to Wiple to learn more about that as well.

There are a few issues I'd like to address directly:

GP/Repair Issue: I have talked about this and I think there is no need to get into details but basically, repair costs were broken after the patch. A change was indeed to happen, but not to this extent. We've provided you with GP boosts and codes to help you meanwhile.

Matchmaking: There are a couple separate issues regarding Matchmaking. They've been reported to Wiple and we'll deploy fixes as soon as we have them.

Speaking of fixes, we do have a patch that we are testing internally as I'm writing this. Some of the problems will be addressed in that patch.

Web Shop

We've opened our web shop towards the end of the month and some of the deals have been already VERY popular.

In the Web Shop, our main focus is diversity. We'd like to provide you with alternative ways to acquire items. For example, we have some crates in Featured with a particular Advanced or Special item. While they do require a bit of luck, the good news is that you know what you get when you are lucky. We have some boxes in Starter that guarantee you a Special item.

We have other ideas we'll try as well. We would really like to hear your opinions on what would be interesting, what makes you cringe etc. It's a work-in-progress!

While it's not about Web Shop directly, we know that many of you are not happy with the purchasable content we have in game and we will also look into that.

In fact, I prepared a feedback form where you can enter your thoughts. I will read every comment. You can find it here.

Steam and Asia

I know many of you are interested in this one and unfortunately there was a bit of confusion recently. Let me extinguish rumors:

Wiple Games will be publishing Ironsight in Asia. The Steam page they announced was regarding that. Details about how accounts will be handled will be announced.

And now... we have our own Steam page for NA, SA and Europe. While we don't have a date to announce yet, we will soon let you know more in that regard.

Future

Competitive Scene and Tournaments

I want to apologize for the lack of communication in this. As mentioned, May was a bit crazy. We will have some news soon on how we will support tournaments. But in essence, it's the same as what I said last time: We look for active organizers. So don't wait for us. Start organizing! This way, when we actually make announcements, you'll have things to show us.

Partner Program

It's a bit early but I wanted to mention it. We will have some changes here. We'd like to revisit the partner program to have more structure and more opportunities for our partners that create quality content, including revenue share options.

Next on Ironsight

I'd like to tease a couple things that Wiple shared with us.

image2019-6-5_16-32-48.png

Those bullet symbols look curious. I wonder what they are?

image2019-6-5_16-37-35.png

Oops, I think I cropped the screenshot in a wiiiild, I mean weird, way.

image2019-6-5_16-36-33.png

I'm really not good at snipping screens. I guess this one remains a mystery.

Well, that's all from me. Thank you again for your support. We've finally seen some major changes and even better days are yet to come.

Take care and see you next time!

Sincerely yours,

the_Director

• I am really impressed that your are working ardently and are looking at what the community wants and needs. But I must frighten some problems

As the lower rate of rarity of the boxes mainly the ones that costs Chips. The possibility to remove the duplicated of the oranges itens and bugs like recharging magazines of the majority of the assault rifles.

Anyways thank you for listening the comunity.

• Next on Ironsight

I really hope it's not more bullet attachments... I really think most players would want that replaced with a universal 3rd attachment slot.

Either that or thats a secondary fire mode, which would be great addition to gunplay!

• The first bullet looks like stopping power perk from cod lol. And the second is for shotgun but those shells are the same appearance for each shell type, either could be slugshot or the buckshot

Also can we optimize the game before adding better graphics...

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Optimization is most important thing atm.We get fps drops even with 1080ti lol.

I have never had a FPS drop in my life and I am on a 1060 3GB card mate your PC is toasted Undiscovered

I dont think it is the all gpu problem that fps drops (the fps rate is gpu). The problem is how the cpu handles the game. Before the first map update i can run the game smoothly.

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Good to see new content in the future.
    Some questions/advice to be possibly answered now or to be answered in the next HQ Report:

1. What is the status on new maps? It's been an extremely long time since one has been released.
    a. Do you ever plan on releasing more than one map for an update?

2. Is your current roadmap for releasing on Steam prior to Q1 2020?

3. Ranked incentives:
    a. Allow a per-game lootbox system for winners in a ranked match. This would immediately encourage more players to actually take part.
    b. Create an in-game penalty for those that leave during countdown such as 5min q suspension or loss of rank. Too many people are currently attempting to sabotage ranked play by filling a lobby and leaving at the end of countdown, killing any reason to spend the time to play.

4. New guns/items:
    a. A new item that would act as a tracer dart would be a great addition.
    ie: Shoot a dart at a wall (1 shot per life) to find locations of players in that vicinity for 10sec but would have loud beeps so that the enemy knows they are being tracked for fair play in gamemodes such as S&D
    b. Scorestreaks should be able to be customized per class again. In-game if the classes are swapped and the scorestreaks are different, they can reset the score.

5. Settings:
    a. Allow our graphical settings to be saved. All of us have to reset our FOV every single time we log in as well as brightness and such.
    b. Add a display on how much memory is being used when selecting settings.

That's it for now but if anyone else would like to discuss with me, feel free to talk below.

• Is your current roadmap for releasing on Steam prior to Q1 2020?

Apparently the release date on the Ironsight on steam is 0x7E3, according to steam...

Converting Hex to Decimal gives a value of 2019. So I guess it's to release this year.

This June actually, for the Asian client, at least.

• Is your current roadmap for releasing on Steam prior to Q1 2020?

Apparently the release date on the Ironsight on steam is 0x7E3, according to steam...

Converting Hex to Decimal gives a value of 2019. So I guess it's to release this year.

Then rip reviews because they prob cant fix optimization and fps problems by then

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Apparently the release date on the Ironsight on steam is 0x7E3, according to steam...

Then rip reviews because they prob cant fix optimization and fps problems by then

What specs are you running?
    Because I've never had anything under 140 fps while playing.

Are you using an amd processor? That's the only reason I can think of.

• Then rip reviews because they prob cant fix optimization and fps problems by then

What specs are you running?
    Because I've never had anything under 140 fps while playing.

Are you using an amd processor? That's the only reason I can think of.

Icore 7 5500 gtx 950. It was fine before they throw in map updates and besides 140 fps is low for this game even if u have good build.

The should say their deadline for releasing to steam when they haven’t completely fix all major problems with the game. You know these devs they fix one and break another.

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

The post was edited 1 time, last by Misfire ().

• Optimization is most important thing atm.We get fps drops even with 1080ti lol.

I have never had a FPS drop in my life and I am on a 1060 3GB card mate your PC is toasted Undiscovered

I have 165 hz monitor If I use 60-75 hz monitor I dont have fps drops too.Even Pubg more stable than this game atm.Btw I love this game and just want it to get better.So good luck with your 1060 3gb mate :)

• Icore 7 5500 gtx 950.

hmmm I mean realistically, that's currently a pretty low end GPU.
    Like a GTX 970 online for $100 or so would double your performance.

But yeah, that's strange. I am running 2080Ti's but used to play this on a 1080 without much of a difference since there's a point where fps doesn't matter anymore lol...

Well besides being low end this the specs already is above the recommended specs for the game and which the recommended specs is to run the game at a stable 30 fps at least.

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Next on Ironsight

I really hope it's not more bullet attachments... I really think most players would want that replaced with a universal 3rd attachment slot.

Either that or thats a secondary fire mode, which would be great addition to gunplay!

just saw in the steam page (news section):

AMMUNITIONS

Total of 4 Ammo: Armor-Piercing Bullet, Soft-Point Bullet, EMP Bullet

Magnum Bullet

So basically the ammo counter teaser is just more bullet attachments... great... Exactly what I feared. X/

By the looks of it, EMP bullets are pretty self explanatory. Magnum bullets are likely to increase damage, and if thats the case, it will be broken af.

• With that said above its not gonna live on steam

Evidence towards that?
    It'll instantly increase game traffic for several months at a minimum.

yes but will it live no. People would be saying negative reviews not just broken special bullet attachments (at least with soft point bullets) but with bad optimization and netcode. Like i said i dont think the devs could fix all these problems before 2019 release on steam that could make reviews be better than as i anticipated.

For soft point bullets, there are already at least youtubers complaining about strong flinch in cod bo3 that would make you lose in a firefight because u aim for the head and they aim for your legs.

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• I have never had a FPS drop in my life and I am on a 1060 3GB card mate your PC is toasted Undiscovered

I have 165 hz monitor If I use 60-75 hz monitor I dont have fps drops too.Even Pubg more stable than this game atm.Btw I love this game and just want it to get better.So good luck with your 1060 3gb mate :)

I have a 244 HZ monitor I don't think the refresh rate would be a problem either, I think your graphics card may need cleaning if you think that is what the problem is xD.

• I have 165 hz monitor If I use 60-75 hz monitor I dont have fps drops too.Even Pubg more stable than this game atm.Btw I love this game and just want it to get better.So good luck with your 1060 3gb mate :)

I have a 244 HZ monitor I don't think the refresh rate would be a problem either, I think your graphics card may need cleaning if you think that is what the problem is xD.

I am a sweat with over 400 hours in the game and also experience FPS drops in the game, its gotten worse with the last update that improved graphics. I fully support improving graphics but my main complaint is the devs are not optimization gpu performance and putting most of the load on the cpu. For example I have a i5-9600k overclocked at 5Ghz and a GTX 970 4Gb. In ironsight, my CPU runs at 80% usage while my GPU only uses 60%. In a well optimized game, the GPU should always be at 100% usage. Open any other new big title game and compare for yourself. Because of the poor optimization, my framerates are very inconsistent. Some parts of the map will be at 200fps while sometimes it will go down to 100fps and no increased usage on my gpu. Very noticeable as Im playing on a 144hz 1080p monitor.

• I have 165 hz monitor If I use 60-75 hz monitor I dont have fps drops too.Even Pubg more stable than this game atm.Btw I love this game and just want it to get better.So good luck with your 1060 3gb mate :)

Did you mean 240 hz monitor?Because I never heard 244 hz monitor.My hardware already clean.I play freaky Star Citizen, Pubg, Apex even Black Squad they are looking good even star citizen more stable than ironsight , this game have fps issiues.So I dont need advice who use 1060 3gb with ''244hz'' monitor.This game have ''optimization issues''.

• Optimizations issues are seemingly because of how the game handles texture gradients in different lightscapes. This wouldn't be the problem if Ironsight was more GPU focused than CPU, but sadly thats not the case. It's possibly why I sometimes see "Flickering lamps" in Mart when my screen moves around (walking, turning etc), but not when I'm standing still. I also think there is something buggy with the particle effects too, but that might just be me.

I once edited the "Texture_quality" variable to "off" (the lowest possible quality). This however, caused more framerate problems than setting it to "low". Both initializations are an "in-game" impossible state, since the game only allows as low as "average" in the video settings. This is why I think it's because of how the game handles textures on lighting has a problem in it.

variable exists in the ini folder "ironsight_local.ini" (note: DO NOT TOUCH the "lronsight.ini" folder)

Is there a FlloydTV?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aadi888 ().

• I have a 244 HZ monitor I don't think the refresh rate would be a problem either, I think your graphics card may need cleaning if you think that is what the problem is xD.

Did you mean 240 hz monitor?Because I never heard 244 hz monitor.My hardware already clean.I play freaky Star Citizen, Pubg, Apex even Black Squad they are looking good even star citizen more stable than ironsight , this game have fps issiues.So I dont need advice who use 1060 3gb with ''244hz'' monitor.This game have ''optimization issues''.

Have you tried uninstalling and everything since the most recent update? Undiscovered