I seem to recall a similar survey that was done just about a year or so ago. Everyone was very vocal and clear, while MANY of us didn't agree with each other we ALL agreed what needed or would like to be done for the future of game and community.
1. Buying directly
2. Servers Net code
3. Competitive Play/Ranked
4. Technical issues/bugs fixes/Performance issues.
1. We still seem to be trying to get this, and yes Not everyone will be happy or agree. But what has been done almost seem like an intentional slap to the communities face. I don't know how else to say it. But it's been a Year and we are no closer.
2. Yes, the net code got changed, and it was a happy day for many of us. With that said let me say THANK YOU. Now do i believe there is room for improvements to be made? Yes, BUT you've communicated to all of us many times now. I look forward to it.
3. From what i saw back then, the Community stepped up and did much of the heavy lifting. Setting up many of the details needed to get this ball rolling. If i remember correctly they even setup PAYOUTS for the tournaments. Real money . They Asked for changes to Ranked that would make the game play based around a PLAYERS SKILL(TEAM) not drone usage. The people who fell short was on your end, both in helping organize and making changes needed. From what i saw .
I am not a comp player, i like casual play. But i can tell you most of the successful games have a Solid Casual player base, with A Solid Comp player base. You need both else it just doesn't work. Right now the Comp players arent here because they gave up on anything getting done.
4. Where to begin. We've had bugs like the Kill Cam and Kill By Play in this game for darn near a year. Just now have they gotten fixed. This new patch also introduced more bugs that i'd have to say are SUPER frustrating. Every patch something else breaks. It's almost as if they aren't double checking there work, nor does it seem like things are being tested fully.
We got updates to many of the maps, which look good i must say. But with those updates we also took performance hits. Heck frontline Still is a laggy mess and hasn't been addressed in over a year.
I was watching a new players stream just the other week. His new i9 and 1080 was dipping in to the 60 fps range , his 2 buddies had all sort of technical issues. In the end 1 could play if he turned off his stream, an i5-1050gt . The other guy couldn't even play with a similar setup.
I've watched the Asian server streams. One guy on the reworked front line map was getting Half his normal fps, he runs a new i9 and a 2080 to.
My point with this, performance isn't were it should be. With issues like downloaders and launcher and updaters always having something wrong with them. To the game crashing . There shouldnt be this many issues.
I think about ALL the people turned off by this kinda stuff and wonder how many players did this community lose.
Something needs to give. Yanno ?
Anyways this was longer than i intended , sorry.