boxes of the game .. there is something very wrong in them

• At their current state, the boxes are nothing more than pure scam. The description for the boxes aren't really helpful, no word about the dropchances of the top tier stuff ... but i think, they don't have a glue how to calculate the droprates themselfes. The possibility to get duplicates out of the boxes over and over again is making it impossible to tell.

So far, i can remember only one f2p game that had some kind of "fair" lootbox system for some time. S.K.I.L.L SF2 had a progressive system ... you bought "capsules" to get a specific skin weapon and they counted the amount of capsules you already opened with the guaranty to get it in capsule Nr. 100 (which was around 40-50 EUR).

With some luck, you got the weapon in capsule Nr. 10, 30, 50 ... if not, you knew it wouldn't cost you more than the 40-50 EUR to get the weapon which is still more than enough for a bunch of virtual pixels ...

Sadly, they got greedy again and they removed the system after some time.

• At their current state, the boxes are nothing more than pure scam. The description for the boxes aren't really helpful, no word about the dropchances of the top tier stuff ... but i think, they don't have a glue how to calculate the droprates themselfes. The possibility to get duplicates out of the boxes over and over again is making it impossible to tell.

So far, i can remember only one f2p game that had some kind of "fair" lootbox system for some time. S.K.I.L.L SF2 had a progressive system ... you bought "capsules" to get a specific skin weapon and they counted the amount of capsules you already opened with the guaranty to get it in capsule Nr. 100 (which was around 40-50 EUR).

With some luck, you got the weapon in capsule Nr. 10, 30, 50 ... if not, you knew it wouldn't cost you more than the 40-50 EUR to get the weapon which is still more than enough for a bunch of virtual pixels ...

Sadly, they got greedy again and they removed the system after some time.

How can you say its a scam if ppl are stupid enought to buy ?

1. if it would be to ez to get skins the game would 100% die bcs nobody needs to buy stuff
    2. servers need to be paid so its simple marketing

3. if you say random needs to be this and this than tell me why i cant play lotto 5 times and win a million ?!
    4. S.K.I.L.L was rng too ... sure they had a progression system but 1. it was another game 2. i got a prem wep after 2 tries + they were slightly better so p2w 3. if a game wants to be f2p it needs to be like ironsight ... you can cry and your can flame as much as you want ... i hate the prizes in the shop and i said 100 times that the shop is to expensive and that only the battlepass is woth to buy ... but i also know ppl who pay money for skins and for wpns etc, ... only bcs. your 1 of x ppl. who dont like or agree with the system ... it doesnt mean the system is wrong ...

like i said ... all this points together are needed to keep a game alive ... there were games where the rate of stuff was to high and you got most stuff free what you also can get in ironsight with x% luck ... arctic combat ... if you knew the game than you know a game wich is giving to much stuff out for free will die for sure ...

i also wish prizes would be lower than i would buy much stuff (not rng boxes) like the skull skin for the m4 is 50€ .... for 20€ i would totaly buy it bcs its a save thing ... but as long as the shop is that retarded just dont buy stuff ... buy the seasonpass for 10 bucks and your fine ... they will notice that they have to change stuff if nobody buys anything except the battlepass ... so dont fool them ... fool the ppl. who pay brainless ... thats my opinon and if you have another its ok but dont put your finger on others if your doing it wrong

• How can you say its a scam if ppl are stupid enought to buy ?

The problem is: there is NO information available how good or bad your chances are. So you can't call ppl "stupid" when they have to spend some money first just to find out, it wasn't worth to do so.

1. if it would be to ez to get skins the game would 100% die bcs nobody needs to buy stuff

And it will die even faster when the ppl start to feel scammed by lootboxes which give them dups and chips most of the time.

2. servers need to be paid so its simple marketing

That's right. And saying "thank you" (aka nice loot'n'stuff) to your paying customers from time to time can help alot to keep them supporting you.

3. if you say random needs to be this and this than tell me why i cant play lotto 5 times and win a million ?!

Over here, they have to tell my that my chance for winning is 1:140 000 000. With this in mind, i pretty much KNOW that winning my millions after 5 times will be unlikely.

For the rest of the posting: like others before, i just mentioned a progressive lootbox system as a suggestion as it addresses one of the issues: you will get something like a "winrate" to make your decision.

-

• Warframe is another game with a fair "lootbox" system.

I have to quote that word, because it isn't actually a lootbox, but close to it. They're called "relics" and you can manipulate the drop chance of a particular item in the relic using reactant ( reactants can only be acquired through fissure missions ). More than just that, if you play with other players in fissure missions to open relics, then you can also select their relic rewards too, and that reward may not even be from the same relic as you have (Both you and the person you selected from get the same reward).

This means that, if all 4 players equip the same, manipulated relic, they have the highest chance to get the rarest item of the relic, and all 4 of you can select the rarest item (when it drops) from the other player and everyone will get it.

Also, they tell you the drop chances too, which is nice, at least.

• Also that the relics can be farmed so its not paid.

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• I just spent over 12k AP on exactly those angry monkey boxes and every single one gave me the 50 chip, not even a scope. Total scam and Ironsight should be ashamed of themselves putting out such things in shop, so sad to see this company even worse than Russias Warface greed.com

• I just spent over 12k AP on exactly those angry monkey boxes and every single one gave me the 50 chip, not even a scope. Total scam and Ironsight should be ashamed of themselves putting out such things in shop, so sad to see this company even worse than Russias Warface greed.com

Not sure why you would want to pay the devs when the game isnt worth the money yet

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

You're one of those guys that have already bought so many boxes and wasted so much money. Feeling extremely frustrated but being a true fanboy you try to hide your own mistakes by calling others stupid. Now you act cool and act like a ' know it all' that for sure wouldnt make the incredibly stupid mistake of buying any box at all (especially with such a clear and good description at the boxes). Besides, everything you buy is thoroughly investigated, checked, double checked and then checked even more!

Several others have posted great and logical arguments on the matter, and you keep saying that people buying boxes are stupid?

Not sure why you would want to pay the devs when the game isnt worth the money yet

I did not really pay them since I had A points for years nothing to spend them on and still have a lot left.

You're one of those guys that have already bought so many boxes and wasted so much money. Feeling extremely frustrated but being a true fanboy you try to hide your own mistakes by calling others stupid. Now you act cool and act like a ' know it all' that for sure wouldnt make the incredibly stupid mistake of buying any box at all (especially with such a clear and good description at the boxes). Besides, everything you buy is thoroughly investigated, checked, double checked and then checked even more!

Several others have posted great and logical arguments on the matter, and you keep saying that people buying boxes are stupid?

if you want i show you my paymenthistory than you would see that i only bought the seasonpass ... and maybee on day 1 when the game came out the beginners pack but not sure if i bought it ... thats it

• Post by sqroot ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Also https://www.congress.gov/bill/…/1629/text?loclr=cga-bill

Bill that limits lootboxes

And yes it could be unlawful for games to have lootboxes when devs know there are players under age of 18 (ofc there are)

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• I can buy a box with boxes in it? Does it come in a box? I think they must have got the idea from their last trip to Ikea.

How much does it cost to buy this mystery box-in-a-box?

• Are lootboxes that contain lootboxes the improvements you had in mind?

AIFGCTp.png

Christ.

I spent $10 worth of AP on these, allowing me to have enough AP in total to buy 16 of these "random" crates, and I received 2 of each crate. Exactly 2 of each of the 8 different crates. That to me seems like each box had an equal chance of being received.
    It's a sad state of affairs where the lootbox for lootboxes has better droprates than the lootboxes

Also I got 450 chips from them in total. because of the terrible drop rates of the boxes, that deal is an excellent source of chips for a low price

• 16 of these "random" crates, and I received 2 of each crate. Exactly 2 of each of the 8 different crates. That to me seems like each box had an equal chance of being received.

This actually suggests that the boxes are not random. By having an equal chance of being received the probability of getting one specific box is 12.5%, getting two of the same box is 1.5%, getting exactly two of each boxes I believe would be [(1.5%)(1.5%)]16 which is what you did. I mean you could have received all 16 Christmas supply boxes or zero Lucky boxes. My compound probability of independent events is rusty so maybe someone else can confirm or correct.

***If I'm on your team and I'm shooting at you, then there is someone behind you!***

• 16 of these "random" crates, and I received 2 of each crate. Exactly 2 of each of the 8 different crates. That to me seems like each box had an equal chance of being received.

This actually suggests that the boxes are not random. By having an equal chance of being received the probability of getting one specific box is 12.5%, getting two of the same box is 1.5%, getting exactly two of each boxes I believe would be [(1.5%)(1.5%)]16 which is what you did. I mean you could have received all 16 Christmas supply boxes or zero Lucky boxes. My compound probability of independent events is rusty so maybe someone else can confirm or correct.

Well if each has 12.5% of dropping and you open that 16 times its 0.125 x 16 = 2% for getting all the same box 16 times or 25% for getting the same box twice.

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Post by sqroot ().

• I agree Misfire is incorrect, and I don't see an answer in sqroot's calculations, aside from how to receive one box twice.

The calculation needs to be how to get 8 different pairs of identical boxes (b1,b1) (b2,b2) (b3,b3) (b4,b4) (b5,b5) (b6,b6) (b7,b7) (b8,b8) in 16 drawings from 8 items.

I guess I'll spend some time on it in the next few days.

***If I'm on your team and I'm shooting at you, then there is someone behind you!***

• Post by sqroot ().