May 15th Balance changes

• Hello Everyone,

I'd like to know what the reason is for nerfing nearly everything in the latest patch. What are everyones thoughts about this?

Also, i wonder why the nimble hands perk got nerfed. Can anyone enlighten me?

Please share your thoughts on the changes. Negative and/or positive. But, be sure to motivate your reasons :)

Discuss.

• I haven't had a chance to play yet but, as I have said in the announcement thread, I'm pretty confused by the balance changes. They don't tie in with any of the feedback I have seen from players. I'm hoping that someone from the production team will be around to explain where they came from and why they have been implemented.

For the first time I'm actually concerned about the direction the game is going in even while, in terms of the infrastructure surrounding the gameplay, there are some hefty positives.

• Some more things:

• Hit confirmation is super delayed for me now. Consistently, every kill.
    • Recoil feels very different. Not sure if this is just because of the RPM changes, will have to test with a high RPM SMG.

EDIT: First main menu game crash.

• the decreasse of all weapons fire rate i think they want seperate good players from less good players, now u cant just run and gun u need to aim.

and the tradekill i think it have something with that. but i dont know, just guessing over here

• Oh my. There's another big change: Buffering has been added. This buffes semi-autos a lot.

EDIT: The hit confirmation thing is probably on my end, I am laggy as hell. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to properly play.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sqroot ().

• On the nimble hands thing: They nerfed the nimble hands perk because they increased the base throwing speed of grenades by 25% so this just balances it out.

I also want a statement from the manager on why all the weapons got nerfed. IMO, I only felt that the AK-12, Ultimax and Px4Storm were weak, everything else was pretty fair.

The reduction in rate of fire and adding a delay to shots after sprinting make me believe that they want to slow down the pace of the game and turn it into a more tactical shooter. I personally like the run-and-gun style of gameplay myself though.

• The run and gun style is the only reason I play IS. Tactical shooters are ten a penny, and boring.

If they are planning to go down that route then let me know so I can start looking for a different game to play.

• On the nimble hands thing: They nerfed the nimble hands perk because they increased the base throwing speed of grenades by 25% so this just balances it out.

I also want a statement from the manager on why all the weapons got nerfed. IMO, I only felt that the AK-12, Ultimax and Px4Storm were weak, everything else was pretty fair.

The reduction in rate of fire and adding a delay to shots after sprinting make me believe that they want to slow down the pace of the game and turn it into a more tactical shooter. I personally like the run-and-gun style of gameplay myself though.

The "delay" is a bug that inhibits firing while sprinting. They acknowledged it in the patch notes.

As for the RoF nerf, my first impression was that they decreased the RoF of the ARs to make the SMGs more viable. However, seeing as the SMGs also got nerfed, that doesn't appear to be the case.

latest?cb=20160225113057

The only reason Patton called the M1 Garand the "greatest implement of battle ever devised" is because he never met the FN FAL.

#BuffAK12

• Played some rounds yesterday. The overhaul of the maps looks very crisp. I like it.

For the weapon balance (nerf?) i can say, it doesn't feel that much different. Barely noticeable, because they adjusted the weapon stats all across the board. P90 spray'n'pray still effective, snipers can still run around like Rambo and oneshot you ... so far, nothing really changed in the gameplay.

Ping restriction was added, but the value of 400 before you get removed from the game is laughable ... the usual hardcore redpingers are still there and the 3-4 bar players are still laughing at players with very good ping.

Let's see, how the game feels in a few days, when the servers don't have to handle all the downloads anymore.

On a side note: EU server was flooded with fresh accounts, but most of them definitely not "new" to the game. Test accounts for checking out if their "adjustments" to their main accounts are still undetected? I don't know ...

• Oh my. There's another big change: Buffering has been added. This buffes semi-autos a lot.

EDIT: The hit confirmation thing is probably on my end, I am laggy as hell. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to properly play.

You are not the only one facing this. While trade kills are almost non existent now, there are more unregistered shots in my end too (playing from Asia).

One thing I would like to say. I think the overall goal of this global FR nerf might be to force players to ADS over hipfire, because with recoil improvements in some guns and fire rate decrease makes it easier to handle recoil. Including that, HS multiplier of some guns were increased give some players an incentive to aim at the head. Moreover, the increase in crosshair size might have been to make it harder to aim while hipfiring.

I do appreciate the buffering on semis. They needed this.

• Ping restriction was added, but the value of 400 before you get removed from the game is laughable ... the usual hardcore redpingers are still there and the 3-4 bar players are still laughing at players with very good ping.

Doubt it. As a person playing from Asia, I get around 272 ping max. Now I just get more unregistered shots on automatic weapons, meaning to me, players are now even stronger bullet sponges.

I honestly think NOW would be a really good time to add a server on the Singapore/Indonesian region, that way, Asian and Oceanian players can play together with low enough pings since I think higher pings are now what causing unregistered shots...

• Ping restriction was added, but the value of 400 before you get removed from the game is laughable ... the usual hardcore redpingers are still there and the 3-4 bar players are still laughing at players with very good ping.

Doubt it. As a person playing from Asia, I get around 272 ping max. Now I just get more unregistered shots on automatic weapons, meaning to me, players are now even stronger bullet sponges.

I honestly think NOW would be a really good time to add a server on the Singapore/Indonesian region, that way, Asian and Oceanian players can play together with low enough pings since I think higher pings are now what causing unregistered shots...

I usually get a ping around 15-30 and my experience is, that players with higher pings seem to have an advantage in their "time to react". Often enough, i start to fire first but the opponent is soaking up my bullets like a sponge, then turning into my direction an killing me with a short burst.

It feels like there is some kind of "ideal" ping value, where the sync between movement/hit register/lag compensation is near perfect, but it's hard to tell, where this ping range starts or where it ends. Looks, like your 272 ping is already out of this range ;)

But it's also possible that an expert for this stuff will tell my statement pure voodoo and i'm only a lousy player ^^ who knows ....

• I usually get a ping around 15-30 and my experience is, that players with higher pings seem to have an advantage in their "time to react". Often enough, i start to fire first but the opponent is soaking up my bullets like a sponge, then turning into my direction an killing me with a short burst.

I get this quite a bit also, meaning almost every match. When it happens, I do a quick check of the pings, sure enough its a 2 bar red or 3 bar yellow pinger. I had a chuckle when an OCE player told me how bad my ping is to him on the NA server. (I play from US)

You are not the only one facing this. While trade kills are almost non existent now, there are more unregistered shots in my end too (playing from Asia).

Wish this was true, but even with the change in net code and patch, I have not noticed any difference in trade kills. They happen all the time, I would say upwards of 25% of my kills, I'm a US run and gun player. It may relate to play style, as there are so many snipers who are less likely to trade kill because they are less of a run and gun close quarter player.

• I usually get a ping around 15-30 and my experience is, that players with higher pings seem to have an advantage in their "time to react". Often enough, i start to fire first but the opponent is soaking up my bullets like a sponge, then turning into my direction an killing me with a short burst.

It feels like there is some kind of "ideal" ping value, where the sync between movement/hit register/lag compensation is near perfect, but it's hard to tell, where this ping range starts or where it ends. Looks, like your 272 ping is already out of this range ;)

But it's also possible that an expert for this stuff will tell my statement pure voodoo and i'm only a lousy player ^^ who knows ....

I believe that range your talking about is within the 4 bars so 100 to 199. I'd guess close to 150. Everything you said matches spot on with what ive experienced as well.. We even joke and call them Sponges.

Ive watched my buddies stream from Singapore and i can tell you his 220 plus ping doesnt help him at all. You can hear the hit reg delay, almost a full second.

The odd thing is when they are in the red. All sorts of weird stuff happens. People with a variable PING!? is also just a pain.

I find this change to be mildly annoying. I usually get 110-120 ping but it occasionally spikes to 1000+. I used to freeze during such occurrences. Now I get kicked.

latest?cb=20160225113057

The only reason Patton called the M1 Garand the "greatest implement of battle ever devised" is because he never met the FN FAL.

#BuffAK12

Throwing knifes didn't get that bonus. And as a experienced throwing knife user, i do not like this change at all. It kinda wrecks my playstyle... Players probably complained that they were OP or something. While it took me months to practise and master this. Everything is OP in a skilled player's hands. Shame they did this.