Mrcringegaming - Ironsight - Suggestions - QOL - Improvements

• Hello everyone :)

So, have about 58 hours and 15 minutes of total playtime in game and have tried every AR, SMG and Sniper in the game. I also was playing the game prior net-code patch so have an understanding of how the game was before and after.

Ability To Avoid Players

This, would be nice to right click a player in game and say avoid from match making...Yeah their is a downside longer que times but idc....

Ability To Re-Que & Match With Different Players

This is frustrating.....when you match with players that have huge ping differences or you just want to start fresh and play with new players. In the games current state this is hard to do because every time I've tried leaving the lobby and waiting 30 secs to 1 minutes clicking play and then end up with the same players again.

Punish Hip Fire More

I feel hip fire isn't balanced enough, basically there is not really a downside in hip fire vs when you ads. Hip firing accuracy is too good basically the same as when you ads but with hip fire minus some range. You know when hip firing is unbalanced when its Superior then when you ads....idk is it just me that feels this way

LMG NERF

LMG's are tremulously overpowered enough said ^^

Add the ability to cook grenades

This is a 50/50 for me their are pros and cons with this...let me know what you all think

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change The Way You Unlock Camo's

I currently don't like the way you unlock camo's in this game compared to other fps games......I feel they could make it better:)

Add More Progression

I heard max level is 1000 and max weapon level is 500? If true, pretty unique and would be all for it if there was better progression maybe even a prestige system or rebirth system so you feel like your progressing at a decent pace.

Currently the progression is completing achievements to unlock camo's (which is horribly setup), unlocking weapon attachments which only requires a weapon level of 15 to 30 to unlock everything their, and you get your ranks aka the badges next to your name. So, what are we suppose to do with the 450 weapon levels left and 950 player levers.

Idk, just feel like the progression is horribly balence and 100% can be better.....

More Netcode Fixing

The first netcode patch was a success, however not nearly the patch that fixes it 100%. At least for me in north American server we experience some craziness and have already made a thread talking about it with some clips too Still Issues Happening - With The Current Netcode Fix.......

With the recent net code patch the game feels better but we still experience people teleporting into walls and getting killed through walls and some weapons shots are delayed to the point you may feel like you got killed in 1 second full health and find out it wasn't a headshot not to mention the sound might even sound like a shotgun/sniper when the player that killed you was using an ar/smg.

I feel like they need to improve/adjust the hit detection and hit boxes because these things were adjusted for a different netcode protocol....So, the game is running on the new net code, but things like the hit detection, bullet registration was calibrated for the old net-code.

• Completely disagree about the hipfire. I feel it works well in close quarters, as it should, and the advantage moves to ADS at a sensible distance.

Nerfing hipfire would make the game slower, less skillful, and less fun.

• Completely disagree about the hipfire. I feel it works well in close quarters, as it should, and the advantage moves to ADS at a sensible distance.

Tbh, many people has stated the opposite thing before, saying hipfiring is less skillful and less fun.

Both hipfire and ADS is situational. You don't hipfire on long ranges and ADS in CQB, which you already know.

Honestly though, it depends on how players like to play, and thus, I think it would be wrong to say nerfing hipfire makes game less skillful and less fun.

I don't think hipfiring is "broken" and, hence, it does not deserve a nerf, but I will say hipfire is more advantageous to use than ADS for factors not relating to hipfire itself, but due to other completely different factors that indirectly affects it, like Map design (high prop density in most maps), SP bullet attachments severely affecting long range battles rendering ADS useless, sight crosshair design defeating it's actual purpose, Jumping, proning mechanics (not talking about dropshooting), Map dynamics, netcode etc.

Fixing these will, I believe, ultimately fix the hipfire-ADS relationship in the game while not touching hipfire and ADS themselves.

ANOTHER THING: I see most players playing the game in high FOV since Ironsight is a fast paced twitch shooter, which makes everything look further away. This may look like they get a long range shot by hipfiring.

Me explaining all my above reasons will require a thread tho. (a reply won't cut it)

• Post by sqroot ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().

This is correct for most guns and I agree, especially for the ARs, but there's some notable exceptions to this. For instance, the P90, while not necessarily the most effective gun compared to the ARs, is way more effective when hipfiring than when ADSing at pretty much any range.

You can literally take the gun, run around, hold LMB and watch most people drop. Sure, a good player will outmatch the P90, but the P90 player will still deal considerable damage and rack up a load of easy kills, only by holding LMB and aiming into the rough direction. I just don't think this kind of playstyle should be possible, it shouldn't be this easy to rack up kills and deal damage to people, especially when health regen is as slow as it is (at least for game modes like TDM it matters and adds a lot to deaths you can't really prevent).

wouldn't the best change be one that the crosshair would increase alongside with the time you've been shooting? As an example, the hipfire for the p90 start as it is right now, but after half second, or a second in constant fire, it increases in 20% or more.

I feel like hipfire is waaay too rewarding for something that is too easy to use and control, furthermore it decreases the skill ceiling of the game

• This is correct for most guns and I agree, especially for the ARs, but there's some notable exceptions to this. For instance, the P90, while not necessarily the most effective gun compared to the ARs, is way more effective when hipfiring than when ADSing at pretty much any range.

You can literally take the gun, run around, hold LMB and watch most people drop. Sure, a good player will outmatch the P90, but the P90 player will still deal considerable damage and rack up a load of easy kills, only by holding LMB and aiming into the rough direction. I just don't think this kind of playstyle should be possible, it shouldn't be this easy to rack up kills and deal damage to people, especially when health regen is as slow as it is (at least for game modes like TDM it matters and adds a lot to deaths you can't really prevent).

wouldn't the best change be one that the crosshair would increase alongside with the time you've been shooting? As an example, the hipfire for the p90 start as it is right now, but after half second, or a second in constant fire, it increases in 20% or more.

I feel like hipfire is waaay too rewarding for something that is too easy to use and control, furthermore it decreases the skill ceiling of the game

it does but not a lot to be average at close medium range

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• "For instance, the P90, while not necessarily the most effective gun compared to the ARs, is way more effective when hipfiring than when ADSing at pretty much any range.

You can literally take the gun, run around, hold LMB and watch most people drop."

It might feel that way, but realistically it has significant damage drop off after 10m and the TTK at ranges beyond this is higher than a lot of weapons.

It's better overall than the other SMGs right now, but it's still restricted to a CQC niche.

• Post by sqroot ().

• Seems like you're saying the P90 is equally ineffective at midrange whether you ADS or not!

But I get what you mean, there is very little reason to ADS with the P90 in any situation. Personally, I find it harder to aim in ADS because there's a lot more movement and clutter than on other guns.

• Post by sqroot ().

• i still think the range for bullet dispersion (for hipfiring) is probably farther than other fps especially with these kinds of map size

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

Could you guys reply, with a yes or no to the question below and then below it state why you think its a yes or no

( Yes or No) Do you think hip firing is too op & needs to be adjusted?

Additional Thoughts About Hip Firing

I feel hip fire to me is too op on smg's the (accuracy, range, bullet spread) , I have been killed many many times from a players using an smg (Hip Firing) at an unrealistic range.

So, basically to me when you are hip firing with an smg its comparable to when you ads with an assault rifle that has the red dot sight in terms of accuracy and range. Because of the less recoil, higher fire rate and how hip firing isn't punishing enough on the smg's.

Assault Rifles

Pros

• Good At long Range
    • More dmg

Cons

• Limited Ammo ( Depends On Which Ars)
    • Higher Recoil, which means less accurate
    • Lower fire rate

SMG'S

Pros

• Higher Rate of fire Then AR'S - Which means more chances to land bullets when hip firing RNG
    • Less Recoil - Benefits Hip Fire Play style
    • Hip Firing Is Not Punished In Terms of Bullet Spread and The Range Is Ridiculous
    • More Ammo
    • Mobility

Cons

• Long Range When You ADS With SMG'S ; Isn't as good as Assault Rifles Long Range When You ADS
    • DMG Loss
  • For me, what I see on the forum is one group of people who say the snipers are OP, and another who say the SMGs are OP.

Then I go in game and see that most of the best players I see run ARs the majority of the time.

This tells me that the game is probably pretty well balanced.

Personally I find that, generally speaking, each of the weapons (excluding LMGs) works best at the range it was designed for, but that SRs can be a little bit better than I would expect at close range.

• Well, with small maps such as ironsight, CQB battles should be more common, as a result, most snipers will have to force engage in CQB

That's true to an extent, and I'll certainly look to close down an enemy sniper.

However, you'll also see a lot of snipers purposefully seeking out CQB because they know that their one shot kill potential gives them a huge advantage over lone targets or targets that are time spaced.

IS isn't exactly the most tactical shooter, so lone targets tend to be plentiful.

• Post by sqroot ().

• Looks like we've gone from complaining about SMGs to complaining that we need some larger maps for snipers to get their kicks in.

A broader range of maps is never a bad thing..

Something like the Pripyat map from Modern Warfare would be pretty awesome.

• Post by sqroot ().