Nerf The Snipers, holy

• It's been a year, Snipers still dominate the game, you can beat every gun in the game with one. It's pointless to use anything else there's no aim punch to throw them off nothing they just stand there
    eating shots like skittles lining up the hardscope of the century. Quick scoping is also stupid forgiving when the DSR can hit you pretty well anywhere and kill you one shot and the Blaser is chest up.

This has been the story since the game has first come out and by not adjusting it, it kind of leads you to believe this is the "balance" they want in the game.

LMGs are too cumbersome to use, useless SMGS which are overpowered by just about everything including the secondaries, Assault rifles which if your aim is decent enough might stand a chance vs a decent quick scoper and even then only a select few assault rifles are actually decent, and then god tier snipers with no weakness'.

The game play is so 1 dimensional and boring, every game is the same.

• I totally agree with you at some points. But most of the sniping players in here are simply holding down the RMB on Outpost, or simply don't always hit their first shot. You can avoid getting shot most of the time, by moving unpredictably. I do it like this: If the sniper hits me one-shot and I'm low or he misses, simply push him as most people dont immediatly switch to their secondary. If you die, you die. 50/50 just like every gunfight in IS. Plus you most likely get traded immediately afterwards. And sniping itself takes a toll aswell. Miss your shot on close range/mid-range and youre done for.

Back to the topic: LMGs are nonsense in this game. As cool as variety is, nobody plays an Ultimax or the PKP in search and destroy for example. These guns have no purpose whatsoever. Sure, decent damage, big fat magazine, but low DPS. Ironsight is a game of kill, run, kill, run. You can't run and reload your LMG once it's empty. It takes rather more than 3 seconds to reload it, which can be crucial in a.) the fast paced game of ironsight itself and b.) rotation and speed based gamemodes like TDM. Not to speak of the smaller maps.

I find the ARs perfectly balanced, except for the ar-57, thats about it. I have no complaints about the smgs, cause they fit the game perfectly fine. Quick reloads, gunfights less than 2 seconds, quick rotation and you're always set for the next opponent. SMGs could use a damage nerf though.

Regarding to your last point: Well, what does one expect from a game which genre is years old and sees no change whatsoever? FPS games in the end all look the same, but there's always different levels to it. COD for example features a replay mode, alot of gunpatches, bugfixes etc. And the variety of guns is way larger than this game offers. Ironsight needs a catch to it. Something that appeals the player other than the gameplay. You can't compare it to cod, cause its a way different budget into it, but imagine Ironsight having a campaign, more depth into the story, an actual loading screen, a tutorial for you, an intro the first time the game starts, more visual effects, weapon customization (visual), a simple shop, killstreak (30+) rewards/medals, full public stats, ONE currency, maybe two. That's alot of things that Ironsight could use to make it more unique to the player. Sure a campaign won't affect the multiplayer, but lets be honest. It gives the game depth and keeps the user interested, other than just logging on, searching for a game andgrinding for a gold camo which costs an incredible amount of money for the free-to-players which they could've used to buy different guns/equipment with.

In the end, this game's only a year old. I hope to see alot of changes being made in the future, especially regarding what you've spoken about. Sorry if I branched out a lil bit, but I couldn't hold back ;)

• Post by sqroot ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • You do what every other game with snipers does and modify the hit boxes so 1 hit kills are in the upper chest and head only. Limb and Center of mass shots should be a 2 shot kill. It's pretty simple.

• How do you nerf the snipers without making them useless? (Tip: We've already had a long discussion about this here and it's very unlikely that you'll make any points that haven't already been made in the linked thread)

You do what every other game with snipers does and modify the hit boxes so 1 hit kills are in the upper chest and head only. Limb and Center of mass shots should be a 2 shot kill. It's pretty simple.

And thats exactly what it is right now already. There’s is even a graphic on how hitboxes got modified in an older patch.

• How do you nerf the snipers without making them useless? (Tip: We've already had a long discussion about this here and it's very unlikely that you'll make any points that haven't already been made in the linked thread)

You do what every other game with snipers does and modify the hit boxes so 1 hit kills are in the upper chest and head only. Limb and Center of mass shots should be a 2 shot kill. It's pretty simple.

Then it's definitely not working like that, because I've watched kill cams of DSR's an R93's getting 1 shot kills with legs and arm shots.

Clearly their hit reg can't even figure out where you're shooting then if the hit boxes are assigned to work like that.

• Please don’t take highlights that serious. Highlights aren’t accurate enough to tell where the bullet exactly hits the enemy.

I've also 1 hit my opponents in the legs and arms

2 big problems that might be factors are the health regen, and the reload speeds. both of which are way to slow for a game this fast paced.

• Post by sqroot ().

• You do what every other game with snipers does and modify the hit boxes so 1 hit kills are in the upper chest and head only. Limb and Center of mass shots should be a 2 shot kill. It's pretty simple.

And thats exactly what it is right now already. There’s is even a graphic on how hitboxes got modified in an older patch.

It doesn´t really feel that way to be honest, 90% im one shotted although i have full life, i totally can understand these claims ^^

Movement, Aim, Control, Reflexes, Knowledge, Experience, Instinct, Prediction and Luck - all of these factors are needed to be a good Player.

Not every Player who´s better than you uses hacks or cheats, keep that in mind and you´ll have a much better time while playing.

My PC: RTX2080TI, i9-9900K @4.7Ghz, 32GB RAM @3200Mhz

• Post by sqroot ().

• But they still havent added patches to sr to replicate other fps sr balances.

• Same ads time to all sr
    • same ads time to all scopes,
    • ads time >= 0.4s
    • sway and flinch magnifies at their respective scope magnification

I dont know why devs cant understand these changes to balance them. I even use SR and i want them to be nerfed. Its like some MMORPG (you know who mostly makes them) having an op equipment that you can buy to win everything. But ironsight isnt p2w exactly so they cant make u buy it.

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• I just played a few rounds with a sniper rifle, i honestly dont like playing with snipers and i never really played with them in any shooter.

But holy **** is it easy to play with them. I played like 3 rounds, 1 bad round, one decent round and another round with 33 kills sniper only.

And that without much experience and mostly quick scoping. Always calling out AR-57 as noob weapon eh?

Play with a sniper is mostly the same. Most of the time it´s a one shot kill.

One thing that bothers me really hard is the fact that you can´t shoot when the animation is still zooming in through the scope.

But i guess it would be even easier to quick scope if they would remove this.

Movement, Aim, Control, Reflexes, Knowledge, Experience, Instinct, Prediction and Luck - all of these factors are needed to be a good Player.

Not every Player who´s better than you uses hacks or cheats, keep that in mind and you´ll have a much better time while playing.

• Post by sqroot ().

• I thought u can shoot while not fully scoping yet

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• I couldn´t do that, if im clicking right click to zoom in, i have to wait until it´s zoomed in. Atleast that´s what i experienced so far.

Was using the DSR FYI.

• Delete softpoint bullets first (most lame thing in this game), then nerf snipers.The first topic is shouldn't to be snipers.

Soft point bullets barely make a difference to anything other than view kick which this game needs more of.

Right now Snipers are still stupid strong and beat every gun at every range if you're even half way decent with your mouse.

No view kick and instant kills from the waist up with 2 of the main snipers is stupid. They need a longer ads and to add view kick when snipers get shot scoped in.

Right now its just point and kill.

• Post by sqroot ().

• its point and kill at any range, and beat any gun It's pretty well pointless to play with anything other than a sniper, after 13m the TTK on any other gun is so long that the snipers reign supreme. Few, if any of the AR's can contend like the HK,and the EMR, but everything else loses. 13M is only 39'. That's too close to render 90% of the guns in the game useless.