Games still bad.

• I played this game a year ago, and found it terrible.

Fast forward a year, and I need a game to help practice aiming when I don't have friends online to play better FPS games, so I download this one again.

Same problems the game had a year ago ever present.

Hit reg sucks, weapon balance is terrible, no aim punch when you get shot as a sniper. Grenades disappear mid flight or don't do damage if you die, flash bangs do more damage to you than they do your enemy, model vs environment collision, delayed hit reg when running around corners, ghost hit markers giving you 8 or 9 solid contact noises and only 2 damage instances.

Basic stuff that every other game is getting right, and this game ripping off one of the largest franchises can't seem to get it right.

How can the "devs" be proud of what this game is right now, and what they've lacked to fix and address over the past year.

All they seem to have added is more micro transactions in a "open beta" game.

Shouldn't have to pay to use skins in a "BETA"

Fast forward a year, and I need a game to help practice aiming when I don't have friends online to play better FPS games, so I download this one again.

Really selling yourself as the target audience there..

Anyway.. a lot of the issues you're having are due to the net code. You're probably out of the loop a bit so may not be aware that a netcode patch, changing protocol from TCP to UDP, was released a couple of weeks ago. This was just a first step towards dealing with the netcode issues and further patches designed at improving the code are expected soon.

Really selling yourself as the target audience there..

Anyway.. a lot of the issues you're having are due to the net code. You're probably out of the loop a bit so may not be aware that a netcode patch, changing protocol from TCP to UDP, was released a couple of weeks ago. This was just a first step towards dealing with the netcode issues and further patches designed at improving the code are expected soon.

Its been a year, they've had enough time to deal with it, instead they've focused on releasing new maps, new skins and in game transactions instead of working on the core fundamentals.

They've not fixed anything that is game breaking in over 12 months. If any other game was in such a poor state and left to it's own devices for a year, the game would be derelict and lucky to be alive.

They're making this game a snipers paradise, after 2 days back you just grab a sniper and hip fire that **** in close range and you're beating smgs it's pointless to run anything else. When your hit reg is terrible for full auto weapons and you can't balance guns, it's time to give up FPS games.

• I'm honestly surprised how this game hasn't shut down yet, it's like a disaster somehow kept a secret, kinda like boiling water with the lid firmly closed - at one point it will all burst out and make a huge mess out things.

• I'm honestly surprised how this game hasn't shut down yet, it's like a disaster somehow kept a secret, kinda like boiling water with the lid firmly closed - at one point it will all burst out and make a huge mess out things.

It´s not that bad. The gameplay or how the game actually feels is pretty good. I played Black Ops 2 and mw 3 for a few years, ofc it´s not the same but it gets closer to these games than any other games right now. Even CoD doesn´t feel like CoD anymore. It lacks in content-/stuff to do-/archieve but other than that it´s pretty solid.

Movement, Aim, Control, Reflexes, Knowledge, Experience, Instinct, Prediction and Luck - all of these factors are needed to be a good Player.

Not every Player who´s better than you uses hacks or cheats, keep that in mind and you´ll have a much better time while playing.

My PC: RTX2080TI, i9-9900K @4.7Ghz, 32GB RAM @3200Mhz

• Black Ops 4 was so bad that I got a refund. It was rubbish.

Agree, i´ve got it for free but honestly it´s not worth my time. It´s just really bad.

CoD franchise is dead.

Movement, Aim, Control, Reflexes, Knowledge, Experience, Instinct, Prediction and Luck - all of these factors are needed to be a good Player.

Not every Player who´s better than you uses hacks or cheats, keep that in mind and you´ll have a much better time while playing.

My PC: RTX2080TI, i9-9900K @4.7Ghz, 32GB RAM @3200Mhz

• This game has its issues, if they just listen to the community thats still trying to keep this game alive it would be a solid free to play fps game. Even in its current state its the best free to play fps game out their.

There are like 100-200 people still playing the game... it's over at this point.

• I meet new people every time I play. I've added maybe 4 or 5 new friends in the past week, as well as playing with the regular crowd I've been playing with and against since I started.

I'm seeing a churn, not an exodus.

• I meet new people every time I play. I've added maybe 4 or 5 new friends in the past week, as well as playing with the regular crowd I've been playing with and against since I started.

I'm seeing a churn, not an exodus.

Maybe they're not playing on the EU server and on the respective server they're playing on there's actually very little players.

• That's definitely possible. I can't speak to what the experience is like outside of the EU.

For me, I haven't noticed any marked changes in player numbers and don't expect to until a steam release is on the cards.

• That's definitely possible. I can't speak to what the experience is like outside of the EU.

For me, I haven't noticed any marked changes in player numbers and don't expect to until a steam release is on the cards.

There's more likely to be a release of the announcement of a shutdown than a Steam release... xD

• The problem is, people are treating/playing this game like it's the finished product. It's in the beta testing phase, there will always be problems. That's the soul purpose of this phase. Obviously the netcode issue set them back, but again, things like that are what the beta is for.

So posts similar to this: "Had high hopes for this being my go-to game, but with the problems it just isn't there yet". Are exactly right. This game is not there yet, you are playing the open beta. PLENTY of games out there were testing in beta phase for longer than Ironsight, so people need to quit acting like this is an uncommon occurrence.

As far as micro-transactions, the game is free to play. The company can't just summon money out of thin air to be able to add in every little thing on everyone's brilliant wish list.

Playing a beta and complaining because it's not a polished final version of the game is like choosing to step in dog sh*t, then getting angry because you stepped in dog sh*t.

• Lemme say, over a year on beta phase, we've got little to no updates with original content since then. We got some maps, which were already there on the KR version of the game. Excluing the already existing maps, we got some weapon balances 8~9 months ago (lmao), a netcode patch in a year, which didn't solve anything.

About microtransactions. They nerfed the drop rate of good stuff, as well did some scammy moves a little while ago, promising skins guarantee in creates that had around less than a 5% rate of getting an actual skin.

Again, this whole argument about "hur its beta, its ok" is utterly bad or unreasonal. The game's been there for a year, we got almost nothing during this time, there's bugs that are in the game since its launch and never got fixed. Again, people are in their reason to post things like that, the player base is decadent, the game is almost dead, we get literally no content in more than 7 months, neither a really relevant update (changing the netcode protocol was necessary, but taking 7 months to do that, as well when it gets out the only thing you do is that minor fix, not even fixing some bugs nor anything like that, don't get me wrong, it was an important update, but c'mon, only that for that amount of time? ).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sor3y ().

• Games like this *have no polished final versions*, they become abandoned projects at some point at best. This game is using a continuous development model AND a continuous monitization model, and refering to such a thing as a beta, implying that there will ever be a finished version, especially to refer to it as a beta only to disregard criticism about the game being broken or unfinished, is at least a bit dishonest.

If you unironically believe that this is just a huge 2-year-long testing phase that will eventually turn into a complete and finished game where most people would agree that it is indeed complete, you will be disappointed.

There are bugs that I have reported at least 9 months ago that haven't and will likely never be fixed. There are super obvious and easily reproducable issues that have been present for a year.

If this was a beta, there would be way more emphasis on testing. Instead you get a public test server, a beta for the supposed "beta".

This is not a beta, this is just continuous development.

• I mean the point of a beta is to test and update the product.

that's not what's happening, it's being kept open in the hopes that people spend money on the microtransactions.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, has changed in over a year. The guns still feel the same as they did, snipers still reign supreme. We got what 2 or 3 "new" maps, that were already out in Korea? whoop.

It's not about needing gobs of money, tweaking the game is the purpose of a beta, if you're not tweaking the game and you're just releasing new conetent then "open beta" banner at the bottom is just there to misdirect your attention from the faults, like a get out of jail free card.

"You're weapon balance sucks", It's an open beta we're working on it,
    "My game crashes frequently" It's an open beta we're working on it
    "there are huge problems with your netcode and hit detection" it's an open beta and we're working on it.

all the while, they've not done anything to address the issues and resolve them, yet pumped out content to sell you.

Games done bro, this is it, and that open beta is there to keep the sheep quiet so they don't have to fix anything.