Technical Update: Netcode

• NC_EN.png

Mercenaries,

HQ has established contact and reported a new update! It seems like the data collected by the PTS Strike Force was the missing piece of a complex puzzle. Therefore, we are engaging on a new mission, as our sources report that a new netcode protocol was deployed today, at 1300 hours in the sector Bravo Echo Romeo Lima India November. This is not a drill, ladies, so lock n’ load! From now on it’s up to us to sneak into their servers and figure what the hell is going on.

We are excited to announce the latest Ironsight Netcode Update, the first step of a set of changes in the communication protocol to improve the Ironsight experience.

We will monitor our servers closely in the coming days and weeks to further analyze the results and work with this data to bring you even more changes in the next patches. Keep an eye out for the next HQ Reports to read more on the topic!

Disclaimer: If you have issues patching the content update, please uninstall and reinstall the game from our website. If reinstalling didn't work please contact our Customer Support. For questions and discussions, feel free to visit our Discord server.

If you want to share your feedback, please post in the forum here.

Should you find any bug, please report it in this form.

Changes

• Changes to communication protocol.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where an issue was preventing users from equipping Titles or Emblems.
    • Fixed a bug affecting some users where an issue with the statistics not showing the most updated information in the user profile.

Known Issues

• Equipment notice: Equipment: Newly purchased items can be displayed as new after being used in a match.
  • So, now I have had a chance to put in a few hours on the new netcode my feeling, and the feeling that I'm getting from chatting to people in game and reading these forums, is that the netcode is only marginally worse than under TCP.

That sounds like a bad thing, but I appreciate that in reality it isn't, because this is just the first step on the program to overhaul the netcode.

With that in mind, could we get an indication of when we can expect an announcement of the next steps?

• So, now I have had a chance to put in a few hours on the new netcode my feeling, and the feeling that I'm getting from chatting to people in game and reading these forums, is that the netcode is only marginally worse than under TCP.

That sounds like a bad thing, but I appreciate that in reality it isn't, because this is just the first step on the program to overhaul the netcode.

With that in mind, could we get an indication of when we can expect an announcement of the next steps?

i can feel its worse cuz more corner cuttings but shooting and hitmarkers are more on point

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• The netcode is horrible. Every single game there is someone glitching, teleporting, shooting trough walls, suddenly appearing from nowhere, looking like he's pointing in another direction but really shooting towards me, walking in the air or shooting through corners. Also many times rounds have shut down, or started but ended immediately. I can't play this game when it's this bad.

• The netcode is horrible. Every single game there is someone glitching, teleporting, shooting trough walls, suddenly appearing from nowhere, looking like he's pointing in another direction but really shooting towards me, walking in the air or shooting through corners. Also many times rounds have shut down, or started but ended immediately. I can't play this game when it's this bad.

The problem is that there is far more latency for the stuff you see on your screen compared to hit registry (if that makes any sense). Essentially your game gets told when you get hit before it gets told how.

I totally agree this is a big problem and probably the first time it has driven me to stop playing the game due to an issue.

latest?cb=20160225113057

The only reason Patton called the M1 Garand the "greatest implement of battle ever devised" is because he never met the FN FAL.

#BuffAK12

The problem is that there is far more latency for the stuff you see on your screen compared to hit registry (if that makes any sense). Essentially your game gets told when you get hit before it gets told how.

I totally agree this is a big problem and probably the first time it has driven me to stop playing the game due to an issue.

Same i had to stop playing because almost every encounter is me being shot at before the enemy comes around the corners. With TCP at least i had a chance to shoot and even kill at some point

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif