Why i cannot play is anymore (AMD Ryzen)

• Hi,

recently i upgraded my pc specs. Im currently running:
    AMD Ryzen 2600

GTX 2060 (MSI Strix)

16g Ram

Win 10

etc.

System is capable of Apex 75fps+ all settings on high, even when everybody drops. usually around 100 fps. Its by no mean a monster, but all parts are up to date, and are running smoothly.

When im playing Ironsight, i cannot get consistent over 60fps. Usually i have 60-70 fps for about 3 secs, then dipping towards 45-50, sometimes to below 40. On the lowest possible settings.

Apparently this is because of my ryzen processor, since other people complained about similar issues.

My old pc ran constant 70+ fps, besides being 5 years old, and having the weakest i5 processor of the time, and a mediocre graphics card (also Win7, but cant use win7 with ryzen).

I ran msi afterburner, and i can say: My gpu is sitting at about 35%, and my cpu is sitting at about 20% workload. This does NOT change when i turn up the ingame settings, even when i try to run on "ultra" everything, my system has about the same workload, maybe about 5%points more.

My fps dont change either. They seem not connected towards ingame settings. I sometimes have 75fps for a few seconds, but i sometimes have below 40.

What a shame that i need to stop playing Ironsight, because the game cant handle my system. I would have liked to record bugs, cheaters (yes i came across one that i would like to have recorded), and even maybe make some yt videos. Now i cant even aim properly because framerate dips and ups are throwing off my aim. I cant seem to hit stuff, and sometimes i die within 1-2 frames, because there was a lag or something.

If somebody can help me, i can share more info about my system, etc. But i dont know what to share more than that above, since the problem apparently is not my core system, but the interaction between it and ironsight. More specificly because of my ryzen processor.

Ehm, can you fix that? Can sb help me?

• Funny, I recently upgraded my pc specs too.

Had an first gen. Intel i5 too and switched to an AMD.

My new specs:

AMD Ryzen 2600X

Gigabyte B450 Aorus

AMD R9 390 (8Gb VRAM)

16 GB RAM (GSkill FlareX 3200 Mhz)

Win 10

So, everything new, except the graphics card and i don't have any problem with IronSight.

I heard about the performance problems of some Ryzen users and feared, it would happen to me too, but i was happy to see, that my fps are higher now (as they should be with faster CPU/RAM).

Using "high" gfx settings (with some settings on "ultra") in IronSight and i usually see my fps at 120-140+ (moving up and down a bit as i don't use VSYNC). Intel i5 was somewhere around 100-120 fps max.

Maybe it's not the Ryzen that causes your (and others) problems in the first place?

• Hello there,

There are some known issues with AMD Ryzen CPUs. The developers are already aware of it but sadly there is no ETA for a fix since the team is currently prioritizing the new netcode.

Thanks for jumping in with your reply ... but this leaves me kinda puzzled like Potestas before.

Do the developers already know exactly what the issues are? If so, would it be possible to share some details with the affected Ryzen users?

So far, i have no problems with IronsIght on my Ryzen system and the question is: can you avoid the issues by using a specific combination of hardware and settings?

Edit: made a match on PTS and watched my FPS the whole round on Map Airport ... there was a range from 100 fps up to 214 fps ... in average around 160 to 180. A wide spread but nothing nearly the reported drops below 60 fps like Potestas is suffering on his Ryzen CPU

The post was edited 2 times, last by Braggel ().

• That´s one reason why Intel CPU´s are still ahead. Better optimized for gaming.

Anyways i guess you already done this but i´ll mention it anyways:

Did you set your energy settings to max performance or is it still on balanced? (System ->Hardware and Sound ->advanced energy settings)

Any cpu intensive programs running in the background?

Movement, Aim, Control, Reflexes, Knowledge, Experience, Instinct, Prediction and Luck - all of these factors are needed to be a good Player.

Not every Player who´s better than you uses hacks or cheats, keep that in mind and you´ll have a much better time while playing.

My PC: RTX2080TI, i9-9900K @5Ghz, 32GB RAM @3200Mhz

• That´s one reason why Intel CPU´s are still ahead. Better optimized for gaming.

Anyways i guess you already done this but i´ll mention it anyways:

Did you set your energy settings to max performance or is it still on balanced? (System ->Hardware and Sound ->advanced energy settings)

Any cpu intensive programs running in the background?

Sorry, first part about Intel being better optimized for gaming isn't true.

Intel CPU show better single core performance and lazy game developers still prefer to optimize their code for Intel as they are still seen as standard from the times when they where the monopolist.

AMD had the first GHz CPU and they had the first true multicore CPUs, you can say they've been more innovative in some important aspects.

Given the fact that multicore CPUs are available for quite some time now, it's a shame that games still don't make much use of it.

Second part of your post is a very good point. AMD Chipset drivers are adding a "Ryzen balanced power plan" which should be used to avoid the performance issues with the standard Windows power saving plan which has core parking disabled for Intel CPU but not for AMD.

Latest Win10 build should have solved it, but to be sure, use Ryzen power plan or High performance profile to avoid performance problems.

Perhaps it works for your IronSight issues.

• Did all that, and by now i can run my game at about 75+ fps. Still dips into the 60s, but it gotta do for now. Cant record while playing, which i could using my old pc (yep), but i got to fix it to a bearable point.

still i have worse performance than my 5 years old, mediocre at the time pc, with an up-to date, should play everything on high system.

• Did all that, and by now i can run my game at about 75+ fps. Still dips into the 60s, but it gotta do for now. Cant record while playing, which i could using my old pc (yep), but i got to fix it to a bearable point.

still i have worse performance than my 5 years old, mediocre at the time pc, with an up-to date, should play everything on high system.

That´s really weird, make sure you check your anti virus programs and maybe do a full scan

Movement, Aim, Control, Reflexes, Knowledge, Experience, Instinct, Prediction and Luck - all of these factors are needed to be a good Player.

Not every Player who´s better than you uses hacks or cheats, keep that in mind and you´ll have a much better time while playing.

My PC: RTX2080TI, i9-9900K @5Ghz, 32GB RAM @3200Mhz

• If u have steam u can follow this guide. Oddly it looks like it boosted fps and performance of the game but i cannot confirm just for myself since it can just be a coincidence.

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif