[Guide] How to improve FPS

• We all know Ironsight has problems with optimization, but there is a way for the client (you) to help with it. For me, I have this laptop (listed below) and it should not go over 60 fps. I do get frame drops but not much (and as terrible) as before. I did all the things game support would tell you but not these, They are launch options. Keep in mind that some may not be in effect like forcing game to use directx 12 (as the game has to support it) but since im not sure what worked i will be posting what i have.

Icore 7 - 5500u

Nvidia gtx 950m

12gb memory

1 tb HDD

Using Steam

Click here to learn how to make the game be managed by Steam .

Go to your launch option by right clicking on the script/game you have added from above.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Type in (or copy and paste this):

Code
    1. force-d3d12 -useallavailablecores -sm4 -nomansky -lowmemory 

in the text box and click ok.

Now you should see improvement on your game.

Credit to this thread https://steamcommunity.com/sha…filedetails/?id=475747492. All Q&A is on there and detailed improvements to improve the fps.

I may include another way to use launch options without using Steam and just with Windows.

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Post by sqroot ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • New to this game but registered to support the above post. Adding 3rd-party launchers to Steam doesn't give it the benefit of the platform's command line options. And - as sqroot has stated - even if it did, they would only be applying to the launcher. These commands unfortunately aren't even universally supported: "-nomansky" wouldn't do anything to CS:GO, for example (or any other Source engine title for that matter; notice how the linked "credit" thread is actually for ARK: Survival Evolved). Options are also prefaced by a + or - as well, so the first line "force-d3d12" shouldn't even include "force" at all to prioritize Direct3D 12 (... in ARK).

• New to this game but registered to support the above post. Adding 3rd-party launchers to Steam doesn't give it the benefit of the platform's command line options. And - as sqroot has stated - even if it did, they would only be applying to the launcher. These commands unfortunately aren't even universally supported: "-nomansky" wouldn't do anything to CS:GO, for example (or any other Source engine title for that matter; notice how the linked "credit" thread is actually for ARK: Survival Evolved). Options are also prefaced by a + or - as well, so the first line "force-d3d12" shouldn't even include "force" at all to prioritize Direct3D 12 (... in ARK).

ironsight_20190512144344.png

ironsight_20190512145106.png

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Quick question -- how do I enter these commands with no steam?

Also has anybody solved Frontline FPS problem? I have a very decent setup with 6 core CPU and 1660 TI and my fps drops down to ~60fps in the main long (along the tram tracks). And overall frontline map is VERY bad for fps.

Also has anybody solved Frontline FPS problem? I have a very decent setup with 6 core CPU and 1660 TI and my fps drops down to ~60fps in the main long (along the tram tracks). And overall frontline map is VERY bad for fps.

Simple answer, without Steam you can't. Even with Steam, the commands have no effect.

With regards to the framerate issues on Frontline, all I can suggest is to lower the graphics settings in-game, and make sure there are as little background apps running while you play

Simple answer, without Steam you can't. Even with Steam, the commands have no effect.

With regards to the framerate issues on Frontline, all I can suggest is to lower the graphics settings in-game, and make sure there are as little background apps running while you play

New to this game but registered to support the above post. Adding 3rd-party launchers to Steam doesn't give it the benefit of the platform's command line options. And - as sqroot has stated - even if it did, they would only be applying to the launcher. These commands unfortunately aren't even universally supported: "-nomansky" wouldn't do anything to CS:GO, for example (or any other Source engine title for that matter; notice how the linked "credit" thread is actually for ARK: Survival Evolved). Options are also prefaced by a + or - as well, so the first line "force-d3d12" shouldn't even include "force" at all to prioritize Direct3D 12 (... in ARK).

ironsight_20190512144344.png

ironsight_20190512145106.png

Can u explain this fps increase then

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• hmmm an exact 30fps increase from dead on 90 to dead on 120? looks like someone went into the options and raised their framecap kappa

Just kidding, of course. The simple answer is universal steam launch parameters such as -high used to work towards the start of the year. They don't now due to Steam changing how unofficial games with launchers work when added manually to the Steam library