Ironsight to Steam.

• IronSight is still the same as release

Please....

First, the game isn't released officially yet, we are still in Beta.

Second, have a look at how the game looked like one year ago. Content was added, UI was revamped, new modes were added. You can't say it's the same.

• IronSight is still the same as release

Please....

First, the game isn't released officially yet, we are still in Beta.

Second, have a look at how the game looked like one year ago. Content was added, UI was revamped, new modes were added. You can't say it's the same.

Beta after a year? Still nothing is changed and you know that, we know that.

No content, no events whatsoever, no new weapons, no new maps/modes. It's dead.

Promotion should be your priority right now.

• Technically speaking, there has been content. Metaphorically speaking, the game hasn't changed.

I am not really surprised by this anymore though. A 20 man dev team (apparently) on budget feels too small for a game like ironsight. :-\

• the problem isnt that there is no new content but that new content isnt the kind of content that this game needs right now

We need more maps, gamemodes, not some more skins

There have been two new maps in just the few months I've been playing.

And the last thing the game needs right now is more modes. That's more likely to spread the existing playerbase too thinly than to attract new players.

• Post by sqroot ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • I also want to touch on the netcode for a bit: Unlike most people, I don't feel like the netcode is abhorrent and unplayable; except for killtrading, it seems to work pretty well for me, so I don't see what all the fuss is about (maybe only high pingers are affected?).

If they put out the netcode update and kill trading is still a huge issue, I'll be frustrated. TCP vs UDP doesn't make as much of a difference for players as some people claim it does.

I'm in the same boat. I find the netcode mostly good, and only have issues with the amount of trading and with taking cover under fire not working at all.

I also like biolab, despite all the bugs.

• Post by sqroot ().

• I started playing Ironsight since their release but stopped playing after 3/4 months cause the game died pretty quickly, no very good/active content. That's why i stopped. After around this month i returned to Ironsight and haven't seen any good and active progress.

- No new good maps (yes i know about the new map but i thought MORE maps)

- No new weapons or skins for the weapons

- No good daily missions / challenges

- Ranked is still f*cked up

- Clanwars?! No progress since release

- Anti-cheat system is also pretty poor

- No promotion whatsoever

Devs are lazy and 75% of the members who are playing Ironsight know it. Don't try to correct me cause we know it's a fact.

This game could have SO MUCH potential, SO MUCH activity and way more other things, but the devs aren't using them.

• Post by sqroot ().

• No, i did not say everyone is cheating but i have encountered yesterday 3 hackers who were obvious and everyone was talking about it including today i played with 1 who was using wallhacks (obvious and legit).

And yes i did say the devs are lazy cause they are, most of the Ironsight community is talking about it. No matter what they are doing, they should focus on promoting, getting this game to Steam and listen to the community some more.

• Post by sqroot ().

• I encounter people talking about hackers every time I play... sometimes they're talking about me. And I'm not even good.

There's a lot more people who are quick to accuse good players of hacking than there are cheaters, I can tell you that.

As for the game, this isn't a triple A game from a massive developer with endless resources. Don't expect actiblizz money and development time to be heaped on polishing it.

What it does have, however, is a solid core of fun and engaging gameplay on which to build. As long as the devs keep supporting it and plugging away making it better bit by bit, I'll keep playing it.

• Try making a game with the scope of ironsight, with only 20 people instead of 100 - 200 like in other companies and while under budget.

Also, do you want a fixed netcode, or more content? You can only pick one and not both because you are under budget. Which would you pick?

• Post by sqroot ().