Sniper Balance

• The problem that the game presents in snipers seems to be recurrent in F2P, snipers are unbalanced compared to ALL other classes. I'll show you why:

let's put the following situation, in the red team we have 1 sniper great, in the blue team we have 1 great of smg, 1 great of LMG, and 1 great of rifle. The fact is that if the Sniper really is good, he will win the match unless they all attack in the same place at the same time, but in a normal situation 3 players will not walk away so close.

And why does the sniper win?

LMG is a weapon for medium-short combat, to kill you will need at least 3 or 4 HS, the Sniper at this distance needs only 1 from the waist up.

SMG is a weapon of short distance, to kill requires 3 HS, the Sniper at this distance needs only 1 from the waist up.

Rifles are medium-range weapons, to kill they will need 3 or 4 HS, the Sniper at this distance needs only 1 from the waist up.

in any situation the sniper takes advantage, it does not help to nerf the scope time, has to make her kill with HS only, and take 50% of life in the body, there may not be much aligned with reality, but take 3 head shots and not die .. neither is it.

• For me, the problem of balancing snipers is to decrease their effectiveness at close range without making them completely ineffective at range.

The only way I can think of to achieve that is to make them wildly inaccurate while unscoped and increase the length of the scoping action to prevent quick scoping.

• Post by sqroot ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Post by sqroot ().

• Snipers were already nerfed where now they ads slower and effect of the straight pull attachment was halved. Nerfing any more would be impractical.

The only way I can think of to achieve that is to make them wildly inaccurate while unscoped and increase the length of the scoping action to prevent quick scoping.

Tbh this would not be a good idea. The pace of the game promotes quickscoping at many instances and in some cases, it is the only option.

The reason why I say this is due to pure map design. There are too many props in most maps giving a lot of corner battles. When a sniper comes to the corner, quickscoping is the better option. Besides, if they can quickscope, they are pretty skilled to deserve that kill.

A better option would be to buff all other weapons, specially those that needs buffing, like the AK12.

• Post by sqroot ().

• "Assuming you actually mean "camping", and not just "holding an angle for a short time": This is true, but I've seen people complain about snipers playing aggressively as well."

I'd put myself in that latter group, not that I actually complain much about anything. If you're designing short, medium and long range weapons then it's not great balance if the longest range weapon is also extremely viable at short range.

You don't have to spend much time looking at the 'best of ironsight' event vids to see just how viable at close range the sniper rifles are.

• Maybe the snipers don't need to be nerfed (that could make them useless), but others weapons buffed. However, by "buffed" I don't mean improve their stats, but make them kill with ONE headshot. That would make things more balanced, especially in close encounters:

Sniper can kill with one shot to the body but has to scope

Other weapons kill with one shot to the head but... you gotta hit the head

Looks like a fair fight to me.

• "Assuming you actually mean "camping", and not just "holding an angle for a short time": This is true, but I've seen people complain about snipers playing aggressively as well."

I'd put myself in that latter group, not that I actually complain much about anything. If you're designing short, medium and long range weapons then it's not great balance if the longest range weapon is also extremely viable at short range.

You don't have to spend much time looking at the 'best of ironsight' event vids to see just how viable at close range the sniper rifles are.

The thing is, at close range you at least have a chance to kill the sniper. At longe range... pff, not a single chance (sometimes you don't even see them).

So, in my case, I got nothing against "agressive snipers".

• Snipers should be easier to deal with at close range. They're long ranged weapons designed for camping choke points and long sight lines.

If you find them easy to deal with at short range and difficult at long range then they're working as intended.

• ARs, LMGs and SMGs kill with one headshot? hell no, specially in a game with a gameplay like this, if it was a CSlike game, for sure I'd be a great addiction, but, it's a cod type gameplay, most automatic weapons have a strangely accurate hipfire, making headshots kill in one shot would only make the gun'n'run feels horrible. Most people don't even try to aim while using a famas, tar, or literally any SMG, as well a mg3 with a laser, making it kill in just one hs would be just a festival of bs.

For me, snipers are really balanced, dsr is strong, but slow, blaser is faster but also a hitmarker machine, seems like you guys forget that snipers aren't the type of gun that can let you miss your shots like an AR, with a sniper every bullet counts and missing one just makes your TTK gigantic. But there's one thing I'd for sure love to be nerfed, and that is the bolt cancel, which is when you shot and swich weapons, that makes your sniper reset the bolt letting it be able to shot again for almost half the time of a normal bolt action. It'd be great if they remove this kind of bs, that makes bolt action snipers shoot almost instantly after a previous shot.

• Yeah, imo the "bolt cancel" is a very dirty exploit, devs should fix this asap. As for the headshots, well, for me the real bs is having to put 3 bullets in someone's head to kill him... it doesn't even matter if you shoot the head or body. Those who have the skill (or luck, whatever) to hit the head shouldn't be rewarded?

And about the hipfire, I wouldn't mind if it was a bit nerfed.

• Wow, were lifter interesting points, and that's why I like forums: D

This would be an interesting way out, but I do not think it would solve the problem, the good sniper will continue to kill you closely as it will always be in scope when you arrive.

1 - "if I hit the first shot" well, for this we have to assume that I got to where the sniper is, without taking into consideration that I will have to go through 7 other players, drones that reveal my position, land mines that snipers leave, not die behind the back, and lucky enough to get in the sniper and he is not looked at where I'm coming from knowing that I come from there. and even then the netcode has to "help" me because when it helps the enemy die fast, when I can not spend 1 clip that will not work.

2 - Often "dancing" in front of the sniper with A and D does not work, I get tired of seeing snipers firing at 1 meter or 2 from the enemy's body and killing anyway.

3 - Most snipers take a place and stay there ad-eternum, knowing where they are at all help, as appearing ahead to hit a grenade is suicide, and try to get them back ... go back to number 1 I wrote.

4 - on the nerf in the RPM, I do not think it would help, the sniper would still overpowered killing from near or far with 1 shooting apernas, we hardly see snipers doing double or triple kill, who will say quadra kill, the sniper depends on the players appear in the field of view will kill 1 to 1, RPM certainly is not the problem.

5 - I do not think also that buff secondary weapons can help in some way, they kill as fast as a rifle on many occasions, 3 shots of a desert, or 1 HS

6 - To shoot in the hand, should cross, be sniper, SMG, AR, or whatever, it is ridiculous to lose an HS for example by hitting the hand that is in front, or to stop giving greater damage by the hand being in front , serves almost like a bulletproof vest.

7 - If the opponent starts hitting the shots you will die, that is not certain, if your move is good, you can kill it before, or lower behind something, also varies the distance and the weapon that the subject is, besides kick the weapon, end the clip of ammunition ... many variables that can make someone with a weapon other than a sniper shoot first and not kill you.

The Sniper must be kind of forced to switch to a secondary weapon when he is close, if the snipers still attempt the quickscope, the game is failing.

I agree that some weapons need buffing, clearly there is too much delay to kill becoming unfeasible.

I also think it horrible this mechanic of not killing with 1 headshot, I always hated it, but I have to agree that ironsight would break the game a little, on the other hand, reducing the amount of headshots needed for 2 would be welcome.

The difficulty has to vary according to distance, in that you are right, the problem is that currently this balance is still hanging to the side of the sniper It is impossible to kill a minimally good sniper in long range, but it is not impossible for the sniper to kill any other closely, depending on the location, yet the advantage is the sniper.

1 - We agreed that killing with 1 headshot would not be beneficial to the game.

2 - I also agree that AR's has an overpowered Hipfire, SMG's even makes sense, AR's do not.

3 - I do not think snipers are balanced in the game, but this is the subject of the topic :v

4 - I agree that Bolt cancel is the most ridiculous thing in the history of FPS, the old CS's came with it and other games copied, does not make the slightest sense and only serves to circumvent an action of the game, pure exploit!

Finally, from everything I read here so far, I think it would make sense if the sniper's damage drop worked the other way around, SMG's, AR's and LMG's drop the damage by distance, snipers could have a smaller damage the closer , then it would make sense for the class to be good for long distance, and bad for close. what do you think? ?(

• Even though I hate snipers, making a weapon less powerful at close range is kinda weird :S

I'd say a little longer scope time is a better solution, thus forcing snipers to use their secondary in "surprise" situations. About the bolt cancel, let's not forget macros make it even easier, and no anticheat can detect this kind of thing (so a lot of ppl use it... mainly "pro" players).

• Even though I hate snipers, making a weapon less powerful at close range is kinda weird :S

I'd say a little longer scope time is a better solution, thus forcing snipers to use their secondary in "surprise" situations. About the bolt cancel, let's not forget macros make it even easier, and no anticheat can detect this kind of thing (so a lot of ppl use it... mainly "pro" players).

Really the macro is another subject, for me the anticheat should have the whole macro program, be razer, be that universal and especially the bloody ones, but it has much more behind, partnerships and many "comradeships"

I came to play in an amateur league on warface, and in a few days I discovered that everyone was playing with Bloody macro, these are our "pros", but I'm going to open a topic talking about it soon;)

• Post by sqroot ().

• "Wasn't I playing against you and RawSauz yesterday? You're usually pretty easy to hit, while RawSauz is very hard to hit, which is why I lost most fights against him, even occasionally at range."

Not yesterday as I wasn't on, but pretty sure I will have played against you with Sauz at some point. To be fair, Sauz is about 10 times the player I am, as are both you and Seekax.

• Post by sqroot ().

• Post by sqroot ().