PVP Secure Point needs OVERTIME

• Balance

Secure point is a round based game mode where the team who gets more points by staying in the target zone wins the round. To balance things out and make this game mode even more fair we need the addition of the overtime which consists of an extra time that is only activated if there is a member of the team that has less points in the round, this extra time starts to countdown if the losing team isn't at the objective.

Competitive

As right now I've seen the same strategies been applied to win the key rounds in this mode, Zeus rush, Hellbird rush or Mecha zoning (alternating if the area is covered or not) turning an entire competitive round in a cheap "press X to win" situation, even if LaWS is deployed by design it can be easily destroyed and countered in many more ways than Zeus and Hellbird. Overtime is the time needed to assure one team has that round for sure and not by scorestreak spam or turning the score meter at the last second as I have seen happen many times.

In this video show one of the moments where overtime is needed too, when the enemy team just tipped the meter to their side at the last second. This one is debatable but I think it would be nice to add.

OVERTIME NEEDED

• Hi KATINKO,

thanks for your suggestion. Regarding the overtime I didn't entirely understand it after reading it few times. Is it something like you'll receive more time for the current round when one team was barely able to stand on the point? I also don't understand the part where you said "a member of the team that has less points in the round...". Wouldn't it mean that, if a player is staying afk for the whole match, would the overtime always occur?

Greetings

• Even if 5 people are capping the point, but the score is to the enemy side and the time ends, you still lose. That shouldn't be the case - the round should end in two scenarios:
    - the point is capped all the way, so one of the teams just wins,
    - the time runs out and there is nobody from the team that is losing on the point, so the point isn't in the "occupied" state. In this case, if losing team, even after the time runs out, "overcaptures" the point, so they actually start winning, and then there won't be anyone on the point from the previously winning (now losing) team, the firstly losing team should win.
    That would encourage people to actually rush to the point. When round had 15 - 20 seconds and I saw we are losing heavily there was no point to even move there, as before I came there the match would be over. I just alt+tab then to do something on the internet, because there is no point of playing the objective.

• To win, instead of just having the most capture points, you need also to clear the point of enemies for say 5 seconds.

I think this would add a lot more excitement to the endgame.

Good suggestion.

• Hi KATINKO,

thanks for your suggestion. Regarding the overtime I didn't entirely understand it after reading it few times. Is it something like you'll receive more time for the current round when one team was barely able to stand on the point? I also don't understand the part where you said "a member of the team that has less points in the round...". Wouldn't it mean that, if a player is staying afk for the whole match, would the overtime always occur?

Greetings

Sorry for that. English is not my first language so sometimes my text can be confusing. What I meant to say basically is what Sqoshu said.

Even if 5 people are capping the point, but the score is to the enemy side and the time ends, you still lose. That shouldn't be the case - the round should end in two scenarios:
    - the point is capped all the way, so one of the teams just wins,
    - the time runs out and there is nobody from the team that is losing on the point, so the point isn't in the "occupied" state. In this case, if losing team, even after the time runs out, "overcaptures" the point, so they actually start winning, and then there won't be anyone on the point from the previously winning (now losing) team, the firstly losing team should win.
    That would encourage people to actually rush to the point. When round had 15 - 20 seconds and I saw we are losing heavily there was no point to even move there, as before I came there the match would be over. I just alt+tab then to do something on the internet, because there is no point of playing the objective.

• I prefer it as it currently is. When the time's up, it's done, you had the entire round to push and take the point. No sense in rewarding bad tactics and penalizing the team that focused on the objective.

I'd hate to work at holding the point all round and having the points solidly in my team's favor only to lose because the other team goofed off/camped a random corner till the end, then got on the point at the very end and instead of winning it goes into overtime. The losing team should've pushed sooner.

• KiraJava I just think that this change would encourage people to work to the end, not just give up for 15 - 20 seconds and not give a single f**k about what is happening on the map anymore. This is not a healthy situation - in games like Ironsight, when the fluidity and quickness of gameplay strives, situation that you just have nothing to do to win (and effectively just wait to see the defeat screen) is unforgivable.
    What's more, if you were so good at capping the point thru the whole round-time, why can't you do this so well till the end? It would be a good test of consistency and skill.

• I prefer it as it currently is. When the time's up, it's done, you had the entire round to push and take the point. No sense in rewarding bad tactics and penalizing the team that focused on the objective.

I'd hate to work at holding the point all round and having the points solidly in my team's favor only to lose because the other team goofed off/camped a random corner till the end, then got on the point at the very end and instead of winning it goes into overtime. The losing team should've pushed sooner.

The thing is that overtime will not be a problem in those rounds where you have captured most of the meter because the enemy team will have to be at the last second and stay until all the meter turns around, so it is very unlikely that they will comeback since your team presence is so strong in that round at the objective. Overtime can balance those rounds where both teams are disputing the round so much that the points are barely equal making everyone strive to win the last push and not just looking the time and predicting if it is worth running to the objective or not. I hope they test overtime in the test servers so we can discuss thoroughly.

• Im sorry but why should the game literally give second chances when both team has equal opportunities to occupy the point for the longest time to win the match?

this feels like unnecessary catering for situations when the losing team probably wouldnt be able to make a bloody difference for said round anyway.

when a match is lost, its lost.