general stuff about the game and ideas

• Jesus christ, you're so pretentious it hurts. You're pretending to be knowledgable about topics you're obviously inexperienced with. I still don't understand how the name of the type that is used to represent text matters here, but I find it to be more likely that you were just dropping names you missunderstood from your extremely limited knowledge about programming.

A bit on my background to disprove your nonsensical accusations - I've been programming for seven years, with significant projects including an educational IDE for the lambda calculus, an indie RTS game, the ground station and the satellite implementation for an atmospheric satellite and a networking library that is now used in a popular cloud OS (CoreOS, it's not unlikely that you're running some of my code when using the internet ;)), having contributed to some important open source projects like the Purescript programming language or the Rust OxideMod (now uMod) project. Right now I'm pursuing research in formal verification and starting my thesis.

As for my FPS skills, I'm sure most people here that have played with and against me can attest that I'm doing quite fine.

I'm not gonna read the rest of your post because you're not worth my time. For you I hope that you eventually grow up and think back to this, cringing at your own stupidity when you were younger. If you don't, good luck in life - your kind needs it.

Oh Snap this guy is a GOD in the world of programing. He's done this and that, and this and that, sprinkle some of this in there... Well considering you seem to be so angry and totally not remaining calm in any way shape or form I can assume your just blowing words you picked up trying to win that keyboard warrior contest you started. Though I can't guarantee I am not using some of "your" supposedly created code whilst on the internet but OH BOY your so important. So... I never ask for any of your life story which since it is on the internet I can simply conclude that is completely bogus in the first place. As for the context of knowledge.. you have never heard the phrase, "a string of code" simplified down to a "string"

Sure if your this all powerful 7yo programmer you might consider what I said not EXACTLY accurate on the basis cuz your looking for an argument.

Anyhow how about you actually do quit reading the posts this is what the 2nd, 3rd time you claimed you'd quit reading but evidentially you just love having the last word and try to flaunt what you might have for experience under your belt.

LONG STORY SHORT, if anyone else is curious about the posts, all I have ever mentioned was some minor changes and defended my stance. With some minor harsh back to back after insults.

• The backpaddling is real. I can attest to sqroot's claims and while my resume isn't quite as impressive as his, i've been programming for several years as well and i've never heard anyone refer to a 'string of code', i presume simply for the confusion it would cause with the equally named type 'string'. I recommend you just drop the topic, fairly pathetic to lash out at a guy for disproving your false claim, especially when you seem to not really know anything about the topic yourself.

Regarding your ideas for improving the game, mines are already annoying and you getting a slight kick out of leveling them doesn't warrant them getting buffed in any way. There's no playstyle which makes using mines any skillful, they shouldn't exist in the first place. You can't 'just see' them since they tend to be placed in angles where they go off the second you see them and even if there was some delay to them so you could properly bait them out, constantly having to edge around corners to dodge some mine is not a particularly fun playstyle, it has little to do with situational awareness and it certainly required none from the guy who placed it. If you genuinely think that all there is to situational awareness right now is looking at the minimap i very much doubt that you are doing all that well at the game.

I agree that headshots feel somewhat weak on some guns, but the examples you've listed are just plain bad. A pistol dealing more headshot damage than an AR doesn't make the pistol more lethal than the AR and if there's any type of weapon which shouldn't have a high headshot multiplier it's a 50 round spray and pray gun like the AR57. Assuming that the aimpunch gets nerfed (yes it is actually quite bad, especially with soft point bullets) i could get behind a general buff to headshot damage though, at least on guns which are actually about aim.

• Doesn't matter anyways, the game is dead. The netcode won't really fix the situation, because everyone will see that they don't have anything else to release and when they finally release all content from the Korean game, they will just release skins and lootbox scams until the game shuts down. And that Steam release (if it ever happens) will be a huge disaster, actually, it may help shut the game down even faster. The reviews will be between 40% and 50% positive, there will be about 1000-2000 players who will check the game out and subsequently leave in 2 weeks and it will be a ghost town with bad reviews and no new content since February 2018.

What a pathetic joke.

• Doesn't matter anyways, the game is dead. The netcode won't really fix the situation, because everyone will see that they don't have anything else to release and when they finally release all content from the Korean game, they will just release skins and lootbox scams until the game shuts down. And that Steam release (if it ever happens) will be a huge disaster, actually, it may help shut the game down even faster. The reviews will be between 40% and 50% positive, there will be about 1000-2000 players who will check the game out and subsequently leave in 2 weeks and it will be a ghost town with bad reviews and no new content since February 2018.

What a pathetic joke.

I'm curious as to why you believe this.

• Post by sqroot ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Love how all of you "programmers" apparently never learned any slang but fine I guess you guys are just too important in the world so how about you keep working then. Since anything else I can say will just be attacked on the basis of how much you like the idea or not and then get your friends to support your personal beliefs. GLHF with your personal contributions.

What a pathetic joke.

Hey 2k players that works, GitS before nexon decided to softlock everyone out of their weapons and operators, assuming people didn't unlock everything beforehand, GitS had only about 1k players active daily. So if Ironsight gets 2k that's already an improvement in comparison. Besides the netcode will actually make quite a bit of difference, from what I've played in the PTS it is quite the improvement though I was only able to see the "improvements" the first few days of the PTS, since the servers weren't completely swamped with EU players yet.

• Hey 2k players that works, GitS before nexon decided to softlock everyone out of their weapons and operators, assuming people didn't unlock everything beforehand, GitS had only about 1k players active daily. So if Ironsight gets 2k that's already an improvement in comparison. Besides the netcode will actually make quite a bit of difference, from what I've played in the PTS it is quite the improvement though I was only able to see the "improvements" the first few days of the PTS, since the servers weren't completely swamped with EU players yet.

Well ....but you know that the PTS was located in Europe, don't you? ;)

-

• Hey 2k players that works, GitS before nexon decided to softlock everyone out of their weapons and operators, assuming people didn't unlock everything beforehand, GitS had only about 1k players active daily. So if Ironsight gets 2k that's already an improvement in comparison. Besides the netcode will actually make quite a bit of difference, from what I've played in the PTS it is quite the improvement though I was only able to see the "improvements" the first few days of the PTS, since the servers weren't completely swamped with EU players yet.

Well ....but you know that the PTS was located in Europe, don't you? ;)

-

oh im well aware that IS pts was in EU. The first few days when the PTS was launched it is primarily NA players that populated the servers. So For what little time that lasted I was able to experience what it would be like when the netcode is patched. Shortly after however the servers were flooded with EU players that had a huge ping advantage, which basically made it feel like the current TCP netcode... cept far more people that were slightly harder to kill than normal.

But yeah I'm still hopeful for the patch from what I saw the first day of the pts.

What a pathetic joke.

Hey 2k players that works, GitS before nexon decided to softlock everyone out of their weapons and operators, assuming people didn't unlock everything beforehand, GitS had only about 1k players active daily. So if Ironsight gets 2k that's already an improvement in comparison. Besides the netcode will actually make quite a bit of difference, from what I've played in the PTS it is quite the improvement though I was only able to see the "improvements" the first few days of the PTS, since the servers weren't completely swamped with EU players yet.

At least GITS made changes to the game and each update brought new stuff - weapons and maps. People were looking forward to new updates, with Ironsight and Black Squad it's just more skins for their money sink lootbox scams.

Ironsight will only get 2,000 players only on the day it appears on Steam, when players (the ones that don't even know this game exists) see that is just a mediocre garbage COD clone that doesn't do the base game well enough, they will quit in like a week. The other reason for this number of players is because the game is a shooter and these types of games are quite popular, the other is that the graphics are pretty decent. But they can't sustain such a population

Also GITS had just as many off-Steam players since the game was playable through the Nexon launcher. So when you saw 1,000 players on Steam, there were about 1,000 - 2,000 more that were playing throught the Nexon launcher.

GITS was so much better than this garbage - the developers not only release REAL CONTENT UPDATES, compared to this trash, but the game looked and played better, it's so sad that it's no longer around and we have to look at this ... zit instead.

• Love how all of you "programmers" apparently never learned any slang but fine I guess you guys are just too important in the world so how about you keep working then. Since anything else I can say will just be attacked on the basis of how much you like the idea or not and then get your friends to support your personal beliefs. GLHF with your personal contributions.

sqroot here is the local white knight/ fanboy who will defend the game and troll everyone (like you) who disagrees, don't waste your time, there are a few more fanboys and they are all delusional thinking if they pretend the game isn't the garbage it is, it will actually get better... what a sad bunch of people.

The game is fundamentally flawed in the fact that it became a COD clone, the fact that the gameplay did not deviate from that formula one bit, then there is the dumb netcode and the lack of content. When the netcode is fixed, it will begin to shine how empty and basic this game is - no content, dumb and shallow gameplay with people running around and hipfire-spraying with SMGs, prone spamming, retard-friendly recoil, HP regen....

• "it's so sad that it's no longer around and we have to look at this ... zit instead."

No one is forcing you..

It's pretty clear you don't like the game on any level, so I do have to wonder what you're aiming to achieve here.

What, seriously, are you looking to gain from this use of your time?

• Post by sqroot ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Im sure neople (who created gits) has/had the about the same amount devs as wiple and yet gits is better without need of major patches. (Not sure of netcode because for me its fine)

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif