HQ REPORT #3 - Communication reestablished - Transmission incoming

• I don't think I've had an issue with sprint before, what do you mean?

It's also been a long time since I've had hitbox issues.

As for cooking grenades, I think I prefer it as it - unavoidable deaths from explosions suck.

Not sure if the game has enough players to implement a system where you avoid specific people.

• I think he may be experience lag where there is a few frame lag on sprinting

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Netcode fix in works, expect to hear about the next version in the coming weeks.
    Smaller/Item patches are a natural cycle of the game and happen because the rest of team is concentrating on the netcode.
    We'll improve our communication with the community.
    We will talk more about the future ... in the future.

Its been 40 days. Are you alright? Are you doing fine? Whats up the_Director ?

• To add some more to my post about maps, here's another nice clip where I'm abusing the hell out of the spawn system (and inpenetrateable glass!) on airport: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItS2CKjuqc8

Again, I can't think of a solution to this (except for the glass of course - having stronger penetration would be nice), but maybe someone smarter than me can come up with one, so I'm raising awareness for it despite that.

Please excuse the music, that's part of the recording ;)

• To add some more to my post about maps, here's another nice clip where I'm abusing the hell out of the spawn system (and inpenetrateable glass!) on airport: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItS2CKjuqc8

Again, I can't think of a solution to this (except for the glass of course - having stronger penetration would be nice), but maybe someone smarter than me can come up with one, so I'm raising awareness for it despite that.

u mean better algorithm for spawning and having full penetration mechanic

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

u mean better algorithm for spawning and having full penetration mechanic

While I agree with penetration, I don't think fixing the spawns is that easy. You can't just spawn people all over the map because that would result in chaos, and the game likely already chooses "the optimal" spawn position by some sensible metric (e.g. furthest average distance from every enemy or furthest distance from closest enemy, probably the former).

So introducing more spawns might lead to chaos, and there's not much you can do to find an "optimal" spawn - in the clip above a switch to the other side would likely have resulted in people spawning next to enemies, which is also undesirable.

Maybe the maps where this regularly occurs are just inherently broken in terms of map layout for TDM.

• u mean better algorithm for spawning and having full penetration mechanic

While I agree with penetration, I don't think fixing the spawns is that easy. You can't just spawn people all over the map because that would result in chaos, and the game likely already chooses "the optimal" spawn position by some sensible metric (e.g. furthest average distance from every enemy or furthest distance from closest enemy, probably the former).

So introducing more spawns might lead to chaos, and there's not much you can do to find an "optimal" spawn - in the clip above a switch to the other side would likely have resulted in people spawning next to enemies, which is also undesirable.

Maybe the maps where this regularly occurs are just inherently broken in terms of map layout for TDM.

Then how does spawn work in other AAA fps games :) u can feel the difference

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• While I agree with penetration, I don't think fixing the spawns is that easy. You can't just spawn people all over the map because that would result in chaos, and the game likely already chooses "the optimal" spawn position by some sensible metric (e.g. furthest average distance from every enemy or furthest distance from closest enemy, probably the former).

Then how does spawn work in other AAA fps games :) u can feel the difference

You could break the spawn system in every single FPS I've ever played, especially Call of Duty, which was the worst of both worlds: Chaotic and broken.

I think map design is what reduces most issues, not a "better spawn algorithm".

• Then how does spawn work in other AAA fps games :) u can feel the difference

You could break the spawn system in every single FPS I've ever played, especially Call of Duty, which was the worst of both worlds: Chaotic and broken.

Well rip ironsight lol but like a map like rust in mw2 seems like a regular size for ironsight (maybe a bit bigger) isnt that bad.

In ironsight u could basically spawn trap the full team by keeping the distance of moving their spawn and also have the light of sight to the spawn. Anyways the spawn system is weird asf

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• You could break the spawn system in every single FPS I've ever played, especially Call of Duty, which was the worst of both worlds: Chaotic and broken.

Well rip ironsight lol but like a map like rust in mw2 seems like a regular size for ironsight (maybe a bit bigger) isnt that bad.

In ironsight u could basically spawn trap the full team by keeping the distance of moving their spawn and also have the light of sight to the spawn. Anyways the spawn system is weird asf

You can do that in CoD as well - I remember that people posted 200 kill gameplays of MW2 and such back in 2010 where they basically just camped a spawn for the whole duration of the match. Probably not as easily, since CoD had more spawns, but this also leads to more chaos.

• Well rip ironsight lol but like a map like rust in mw2 seems like a regular size for ironsight (maybe a bit bigger) isnt that bad.

You can do that in CoD as well - I remember that people posted 200 kill gameplays of MW2 and such back in 2010 where they basically just camped a spawn for the whole duration of the match. Probably not as easily, since CoD had more spawns, but this also leads to more chaos.

True but the maps still are the same size and spawns have gotten better across each title.

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Well, it's a joke at this point...

The joke is #soon // #verythoon over :)

I can tell you we are pushing the_Director everyday for the HQ Report! He is also asking a lot for feedback! So all these backs and forths take a lot of time!

But it's almost ready!

Just wait a little bit more :) :) :)

PS: Trust the cat ;)

• Im sure the artist devs has to make pictures for the next report too xD

<3Misfire<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• He is also asking a lot for feedback!

I got some feedback for the_Director , Flloyd :
    A:

The updates are likely to be shorter from now on, but they should arrive more frequently.

Nobody said the updates were shrinked to 0 characters.

B:

Letting go of a nice CM in a game, that has not gotten an update that improved the fundamentals of the game ever, seems like i want to ask where he is headed, apparently that game gets more love.

C:
    So ppl would like some updates, why dont you just give them low effort, high impact updates, like releasing a new gun to try out, actually balancing the guns (i mean most of them are fine, but if you buff/nerf some of them, people may want to try them out - and getting more playtime out of your game.) or releasing some other attachments etc.

I mean balancing is literally altering some numbers in the config ffs. And the AK12 is still beyond usable compared to every other gun. You can make justified hack allegations towards players that top a lobby with that gun. Its that bad. (not saying they do, but i mean they gotta be beasts to kill sb even once)

After all this wont solve the folling problems, but give something new:
    - glitches on maps

- not being able to map a key to loadout 4 and 5

- drones doing all sorts of weird stuff when you die

- netcode

- bugs

You might need to adjust stuff anyway when the netcode patch hits in 2120, so why not start now?

• Nah tbh adding a "new gun to tryout" is just another way of saying "yea we're gonna fix the problems eventually but keep trying out these new features until we never fix these problems" and it just evolves into a pay to win game. These "new features" just take up small but useful time they could be using to fix actual problems. If I was the Ironsight dev team, I would just trust the customer loyalty and good relations they already have and focus all their attention on the gameplay rather than the game features so that, in the long run, this game becomes a staple in the FPS community come Steam release.

- ChefK (in-game name)