Server disconnected

• Hi Raven,

first of all, there are no developers on the forum to be asked but we do forward the feedback to them through the CMs.

From what I know is that the bug you mentioned has improved over the time but it still seems to occur only for few more people from our perspective. Does it occur on all servers for you?

• Hi Raven,

first of all, there are no developers on the forum to be asked but we do forward the feedback to them through the CMs.

From what I know is that the bug you mentioned has improved over the time but it still seems to occur only for few more people from our perspective. Does it occur on all servers for you?

Yes, if it didn't I wouldn't be here wasting your time.

All servers, all gamemodes, at any point of any game, every time I try to play this game.

• did you also test to change the compatibility to an older version of windows for launcher.exe and iromsight.exe?

I have been trying everything since december 2017 mate.
    I reinstalled the game 3 times, updated gpu drivers, talked to my isp, lowered the settings, etc etc etc.

• I did,several times. Never got a response, EAC people never answer.

Actually their response is: "f the advice listed here did not help you fix the game error then your operating system is most likely heavily corrupted or the hardware is broken."

My system is fine, the only app that has any problem, the only game that has this kind of annoying disconnection is this one.

• Hi again,

can you try to use the tracert command in the command line to check if each hop works without issue?

run the command for this hostname: updater.ironsightgame.com

or for these hostnames basing on the server you connect to

iron-eu.ironsightgame.com

iron-us.ironsightgame.com

iron-sa.ironsightgame.com

• Microsoft Windows [Versión 10.0.17134.472]

(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. Todos los derechos reservados.

C:\Users\Usuario>tracert iron-sa.ironsightgame.com

Traza a la dirección iron-sa.gslb.gamigo.com [35.199.109.252]

sobre un máximo de 30 saltos:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1

2 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 10.41.64.1

3 9 ms 10 ms 8 ms 10.242.4.89

4 9 ms 10 ms 11 ms cpe-200-115-194-181.telecentro-reversos.com.ar [200.115.194.181]

5 10 ms 13 ms 15 ms cpe-200-115-194-182.telecentro-reversos.com.ar [200.115.194.182]

6 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms 74.125.242.210

7 41 ms 55 ms 45 ms 216.239.40.239

8 39 ms 40 ms 40 ms 108.170.245.161

9 43 ms 40 ms 41 ms 72.14.232.163

10 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

11 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

12 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

13 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

14 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

15 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

16 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

17 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

18 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

19 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

20 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

21 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

22 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

23 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

24 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

25 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

26 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

27 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

28 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

29 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

30 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

Traza completa.

C:\Users\Usuario>tracert updater.ironsightgame.com

Traza a la dirección updater-ironsight.gslb.gamigo.com [35.199.109.252]

sobre un máximo de 30 saltos:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1

2 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 10.41.64.1

3 11 ms 8 ms 11 ms 10.242.4.89

4 11 ms 10 ms 12 ms cpe-200-115-194-181.telecentro-reversos.com.ar [200.115.194.181]

5 11 ms 18 ms 12 ms cpe-200-115-194-182.telecentro-reversos.com.ar [200.115.194.182]

6 17 ms 20 ms 11 ms 74.125.242.210

7 53 ms 48 ms 40 ms 216.239.40.239

8 39 ms 39 ms 44 ms 108.170.245.161

9 40 ms 39 ms 39 ms 72.14.232.163

10 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

11 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

12 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

13 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

14 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

15 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

16 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

17 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

18 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

19 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

20 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

21 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

22 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

23 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

24 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

25 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

26 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

27 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

28 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

29 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

30 * * * Tiempo de espera agotado para esta solicitud.

Traza completa.

C:\Users\Usuario>

• Hi again,

thanks for sharing your results. Now I got one last thing that you can try that has been suggested to me from an internal staff member.

The best course of action is to contact its ISP with a proper report using a report generated by some software like winMTR:

visit the following website: http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ 1. You will get a .zip archive containing two folders WinMTR-32 and WinMTR-64.
    2. Both contain two files: WinMTR.exe and README.TXT.
    3. Just extract the WinMTR.exe for your platform (32 or 64 bit) and click to run it.
    4. If you don’t know what version you need, just click on both files and see which one works ;-)
    5. As you can see, WinMTR requires no other installation effort. 1. Open WinMTR.
    2. Write the name of the host : iron-sa.ironsightgame.com
    3. Push the Start button
    4. Wait until ~250 packets are sent.
    5. Export the results in text format in a local folder.
    6. Forward the .txt generated as test result.

• thanks for the input but note that these results are for the internet provider to be received

So hold on, you're telling me that I have to troubleshoot your game with my ISP to resolve something you can't fix?

Thanks for the input but note that this disconnection bug happens only with your game and I have NEVER had any problem of the sort in over 5 years with the same ISP (which btw, already tried to fix this and found nothing wrong on their side as I mentioned in my third post) playing dozens of online mp games.

Well, that does it.
    Your game has potential, has a good formula and its fun to play when it lets itself be played, I hope it makes it pass obscurity. I will not be touching it again.

Thanks anyway.

• Your trace logs show that packets get lost along the way, which is presumably why Helix is suggesting you to contact your ISP.

However: I've tried pinging the server in question as well (from Germany), and my packets get lost along the way as well. In south america, which is way outside of the autonomous system of my ISP.

So this might not actually be an issue with the ISP, but rather with the local network infrastructure close to the server or even in the data center of the server (I assume this because the IPs in my trace are very similar to the IPs in OPs trace, suggesting that both connections die in the same subnet).

My logs:

The post was edited 1 time, last by sqroot ().

• It happens no matter to what server I try to connect.

updater.ironsightgame.com
    iron-eu.ironsightgame.com

iron-us.ironsightgame.com

iron-sa.ironsightgame.com

All with the same result, ingame this translates to me getting 'disconnected from the server' while I can still see the game around me carry on as normal.

It happens suddenly and without warning, typically when you are losing packets you will see problems in your game as the server tries to coordinate and update your position in the game in relation to everyone else, so you will either rubberband/teleport around, you will see people warping through the maps, your hitreg will disappear, the game will freeze until you catch up to everyone else or a combination of those factors. I don't get any of those symptoms, I will just be playing regularly with no issues and then get the message that I got disconnected while I can still see people moving around or enemies shooting at me (and killing me) which, if I were disconnected and no more data was interchanged between my client and the server, would be impossible.

This is not a connection issue, the same way the previous message of 'disconnected from the server: AFK' had nothing to do with you being AFK.
    It just says 'disconnected from the server' because that's what happens after the message pops up, not before, and they have no idea what causes it. If you search through the post history of this forum you will find that this issue has been there since the CB, it's been over a year, still no idea of why it happens.

• Funny, the same is true for me, although I don't suffer from the disconnect issue (EU servers).

Maybe some of the servers along the way block ICMP so our trace results are wrong?

Either way, in that case it could be anything - network related, netcode related, an internal bug that expresses itself as a disconnect - who knows.

Considering your symptoms, probably the latter one, in which case the mods here should probably forward it to the devs. I have rare similar issues, my game crashes once every 20 games or so. Doubt that it will get fixed anytime soon, though.

• Funny, the same is true for me, although I don't suffer from the disconnect issue (EU servers).

Maybe some of the servers along the way block ICMP so our trace results are wrong?

Either way, in that case it could be anything - network related, netcode related, an internal bug that expresses itself as a disconnect - who knows.

Considering your symptoms, probably the latter one, in which case the mods here should probably forward it to the devs. I have rare similar issues, my game crashes once every 20 games or so. Doubt that it will get fixed anytime soon, though.

Yes, now you stand where I am.
    And maybe now you can understand my frustration every time I get this kind of response. It's almost pathological with this game.
    To report a hacker you can't use an integrated report function, no. You have to use third party programs and dedicate time of your play session to record, upload and submit a video so the 'team' can review it. You report a bug and they beat around the bush for a year to finally tell you that since less people report this now this problem should be on your end and you should seek a solution to the issue with people that has nothing to do with the game at all.

How can this be on my end when I have over a dozen other games connecting to servers all over the world without a hitch or a problem?
    And I'm not complaining about this now, I've been asking around for a solution and trying things since december 2017 when I became a founder.