Yeah, nice team balance btw.

• Ever got in your mind that they could play as a party?

That's why it seems like it is unbalanced.

200w.webpIGN: Gamga | Clan: GLITCH | LVL: 135 | KDR: 1.69 | Main: AUG A3

Twitch   TeamSpeak   Steam

Spiel aus Spaß, nicht aus Zwang oder Erfolg.

Wir bieten Teamspeak Sponsoring und Test- /Leihserver!
    ATHP Lizenz

• That balance looks fine to me...

Here is what i call no balance at all:

Any punishment for squads vs solo playes?

or this

Look at RushBGaming as a clan-party. This gives a big communication advantage to the team. I see nothing missing here.
    Even such experienced players can be bad and low-rank players can be good. You may miss some numbers and values here and only judge by the level.

200w.webpIGN: Gamga | Clan: GLITCH | LVL: 135 | KDR: 1.69 | Main: AUG A3

Twitch   TeamSpeak   Steam

Spiel aus Spaß, nicht aus Zwang oder Erfolg.

Wir bieten Teamspeak Sponsoring und Test- /Leihserver!
    ATHP Lizenz

• Ranks are time played and shouldn't be taken as a measure of skill. I sucked at level 1 and I still suck at level 170. I just have better guns and know the maps.

This is just wrong. Time played 100% does correlate to skill. Just because you think you suck doesn't mean other players do too. If you were to go back and record your game play when you first started playing vs now, I can assure you that you'd see a big difference.

• Ranks are time played and shouldn't be taken as a measure of skill. I sucked at level 1 and I still suck at level 170. I just have better guns and know the maps.

This is just wrong. Time played 100% does correlate to skill. Just because you think you suck doesn't mean other players do too. If you were to go back and record your game play when you first started playing vs now, I can assure you that you'd see a big difference.

This would only be true if Ironsight was the only FPS in existence, which is verifiably false.

It will only correlate for those people who haven't played many FPS before.

I suspect that matching parties against equivalent parties will only result in the issue that Lincuxe mentioned, especially when you're *really* trying to be fair (match trio and duo against trio and duo for instance).

I don't think it makes such an incredible difference. This is a casual game, just roll with it. You'll get enough fair matches.

• Tfw you want proper match making by maybe hidden mmr systems.. when the game barely has any players lol.

Have fun waiting an hour for a match I guess?

Please explain how a system that matches parties with other parties AND/OR higher ranked players will increase matchmaking times significantly? This game has more than enough players to do it. A team balance system that goes into play during the lobby won't even affect matchmaking times. Til that there are more matchmaking systems than mmr?

• Balancing the teams in an existing match won't make a huge difference, especially when people queue in groups, which, as I can tell from this thread, appears to be what people are most annoyed about.

Matching parties with other parties, appropriate ranks or some kind of elo obviously increases matchmaking times because you need a team of the correct size to start a match. If you don't find any teams in your respective branch you need to widen your search, but it obviously only makes sense to do that after some non-trivial timeout so that the whole ranking thing isn't for nothing. Those timeouts can stack up pretty drastically if the player count is sufficiently small and the branches sufficiently complicated.

• Solid argument! But my opinion on the matter differs a bit.

Not all FPS's are the same. If someone has 300 hours in Ironsight and 50 in Black Squad, chances are that they will be better at Ironsight than they are at Black Squad, even if they have thousands of hours in other FPS games. This is especially true when consider that raw skill is also not the only thing that matters. Map knowledge, knowing what guns and play styles are best for you, recoil patterns, etc, differ from FPS to FPS, and time played in one FPS will definitely show, no matter the player's previous experience.

As for the matchmaking, maybe I should have been a little more clear.

In no way I meant parties should be matched only with equivalent parties. Parties should try and be matched with other parties, no matter the party size, as well as higher ranked players. If there are no other parties available, then just match them up with high (Not the highest) ranked players and put them against eachother. To add team balance even further, there could be a system implemented that takes the ranks of each player in the lobby and makes 2 teams with each team having the closest average rank as possible. I have seen instances where high ranked players would be put on the same team as a party, and also 2 parties being put on the same team. It WILL make an incredible difference by making unbalanced games happen MUCH less often, and matchmaking times won't be drastically affected by such a simple system.

Of course there are times where matches are balanced, but unbalanced games happen way too much IMO and it just kills the fun.

• This is especially true when consider that raw skill is also not the only thing that matters. Map knowledge, knowing what guns and play styles are best for you, recoil patterns, etc, differ from FPS to FPS, and time played in one FPS will definitely show, no matter the player's previous experience.

As I said, I still suck.. I just know the maps and have better guns.

After 20+ years of playing FPS games, I don't think my baseline skillset is set to improve much. I have 8 or 9 FPS games installed right now, and you can trust that I'm not setting the world on fire in any of them.

There are people level 200+ that are garbage tbh. Sure people may get better over time but their skill can still be low and they may not improve much. Game levels based on time played, so one could be afk every game till 100 that doesnt mean they are good.

• I was on the other team against you. This game has a small community so trying to match against other parties is hard since there are not many groups, so this won't work. Trying to match groups against high ranks doesnt fix it either. Rank is not a 100% accurate representation of skill and will not help. I suggest doing what we did and make friends and group up. Unless this game gets a lot more players than match making parties against each other will be almost impossible, unless they purposely try to match against each other (which we do once we have 6 people).