A Semi-Well Organized List of Possible Improvements for the Game/ Community

• Really interesting conversation. I was just glancing and I found myself reading through intensely and making mental notes.

I won't comment much other than saying I agree with many points.

I'd also like to add that we're looking at our boxes, how the purchases work and so on. So the thoughtful, constructive feedback is really great.

I'll keep reading, keep the feedback and ideas coming!

In fact, let me throw in a question.

How do you guys feel about "lootbox" systems where there is usually one box type (or maybe a few boxes with rarity levels) that has a wide drop rate and almost no way of direct purchases?
    To be clear: It's something definitely to be considered, but we aren't announcing lootboxes next patch or anything :D Nothing being done at the moment. Just curious about your thoughts.

• In fact, let me throw in a question.

How do you guys feel about "lootbox" systems where there is usually one box type (or maybe a few boxes with rarity levels) that has a wide drop rate and almost no way of direct purchase?

I really dislike lootbox systems. I much prefer to earn/buy points I can spend on the specific loot I actually want.

• How do you guys feel about "lootbox" systems where there is usually one box type (or maybe a few boxes with rarity levels) that has a wide drop rate and almost no way of direct purchases?

I don't think anyone likes that lol

To defend my point, Aeria made a survey for both Development (Wiple) and Aeria touching on aspects of different elements of the game for community feedback. This survey featured a voting for changes/opinions about the current shop directly from our feedback and here are the results.

CM_Survey_Graph_4.jpg

This was taken directly from your HQ report #2 located here and as you can see, a ton of people want direct purchases and better drop rates. Since this survey was completed, there has only been very little direct purchase chances from promotional events etc and more boxes. Nothing else regarding this feedback was touched. I'm going to assume you as a Product Manager have already looked at this so I'll remind you that everyone had the chance to vote on this, not just the odd few forum users that comment here. Players that care voted and this is what your players want.

• In fact, let me throw in a question.

How do you guys feel about "lootbox" systems where there is usually one box type (or maybe a few boxes with rarity levels) that has a wide drop rate and almost no way of direct purchases?
    To be clear: It's something definitely to be considered, but we aren't announcing lootboxes next patch or anything :D Nothing being done at the moment. Just curious about your thoughts.

Thanks for the response. Happy to see the heads of the game participating in the conversation! :D

Are you referring to something similar to how CSGO operates with lootbox drops at the end of matches? (minus the keys)
    Because I would play the game nonstop and recommend it to others if you could recieve lootboxes through basic gameplay (without currency) with seasonal lootboxes or "drops" that can appear during events.

Or something like "each kill is worth 1 event item" in which you can trade it into an event shop for boosts, 7 day cosmetics and one or two perma unlocks for the hardcore players.

Your suggestion has honestly opened up a lot of hopeful options.

Event trade in shops would immediately solve the "finished the missions in a 3 days now there's nothing to do" issue forever.
    And luckily 3d modeling event accessories doesn't take too long to do since their profession is based off of it so updating content wouldn't be too taxing for the team.

I have no idea how large or small the team developing the game is, but I hope after an economy and netcode fix, this game will be truly ready for release.

• Lincuxe I did see the surveys but thanks for bringing that in. More surveys will follow by the way! To be clear, I literally wrote as part of conversation. Surveys are nice, but I like hearing player perspectives in person.

Stra2GG and sqroot What I had in mind when I wrote was more Overwatch. But again, it's just for conversation so feel free to talk about whatever *you* feel is relevant.

As a player, in the games I've played, I'm kind of fine with that kind of system as long as I can get the boxes by playing.

As a PM, I think we need improvements in terms of what you get from boxes and how you acquire rewards, but I don't think the exact same system would work for Ironsight.

• Can't really comment since I didn't play OW.

Personally, I haven't played many games with lootboxes, so I'm careful about making a statement about whether I generally dislike them. The games I've played had a bad implementation, though.

• Regarding the lootboxes in their current state: they don't feel "satisfactory" anymore. I'm playing this game since tech-beta and from my memory, the droprate from the crates was better at the beginning.

Since then, especially the 4,800 GP boxes and the 12-Chip boxes have been inflated with more and more skins and items (like the TNT-skins recently), so the dropchance for a specific item went down. With the increasing amount of additional 30-Chip boxes and AP-boxes, it's getting quite confusing to choose the right box for a specific skin/weapon/item you might want to have.

I'm a kind of "collector" and as long as the game is fun for me, i'm willing to spend money for special skins and weapons ... and i will stop to do so, when

A: cheaters start to flood the game or

B: the publisher starts to get greedy with droprates near zero for the desirable skins and items in their boxes, high repair costs and similar stuff ...

and while writing this, i'm already one step beyond that point due to the low droprates from the boxes. At the moment, you don't get that much in return for the money you spend.

• Overwatch actually does boxes well but imo it's because you get them way more frequently since every level up = a box and level XP doesnt change per level, in Ironsight it does. They also run weekly modes to earn up to 3 etc etc. Overwatch boxes are also good because its actually not that common to get dupes so the rates are wayyyy higher than Ironsights.

If changes could be made to both dupe rates and the chance to get boxes from other means (since I doubt a change to XP system would be viable), then it sounds like a good plan :thumbup:

• Overwatch changed their boxes last year so that you will only get a dupe if you have all of the items in a specific tier. So if your box hits a legendary skin then you're guaranteed to get one you don't have unless you already have them all.

You can also buy loot directly using currency earned through play.

• I agree with everything you said but thr part I want to see the most would be the contracts. The daily contracts can be completed in about 30 minutes and I often get the same ones several days in a row. I love the idea of weekly contracts and epics. That's such a great idea and ensures users are always working towards something. When my daily contracts are over (say it was to get 15 kills with an LMG) then I just go back to using the K2C. I would like more of a challenge and something to continually work towards.

• I would love to see some more enticing contracts ingame and increasdingly better daily bonuses, which also ideally includes chips from time to time.

Right now, the login bonuses are quite..overwhelming, to put it nicely

also if the devs could hurry up a bit with the steam release, that would be also bloody nice.

• if the devs could hurry up a bit with the steam release, that would be also bloody nice.

I would be very excited for a steam release if the didn't have a ton of things left to do. Wiple is also a 20 man team, which makes it even more difficult.

• if the devs could hurry up a bit with the steam release, that would be also bloody nice.

I would be very excited for a steam release if the didn't have a ton of things left to do. Wiple is also a 20 man team, which makes it even more difficult.

Im just concerned that the playerbase will die out before we reach that point

Like dont get me wrong, im not trying to be the doomsday monger but it would be wishful thinking to say that its not a problem that needs adressing.

• also if the devs could hurry up a bit with the steam release, that would be also bloody nice.

I actually believe once the netcode is fixed, they should prioritize a steam release in order to overhaul the economy which can utilize the steam marketplace.
    Those would be fixes that come hand in hand.

But a quick solution for more rewarding experiences for playing may be just be lowering the leveling threshold for lvl 50+ (capping earlier) and have seasonal acquirable lootboxes based off rng/pity rates per game.

I do strongly believe rarity rates in boxes should increase though. Opened 50 4800 GP boxes as an experiment and received only 1 green wep and 1 blue chest.
    If anything boxes should have increased rates for at least base weapon drops to encourage players to spend the currency on skins rather than waiting weeks to see if they've enjoyed using the guns and before spending. Hard to justify buying boxes when attachments/base accessories become oversaturated in the first 20 levels of play.

• also if the devs could hurry up a bit with the steam release, that would be also bloody nice.

I actually believe once the netcode is fixed, they should prioritize a steam release in order to overhaul the economy which can utilize the steam marketplace.

Don't worry this had been planned since a loooooooong time ago ^^

• I actually believe once the netcode is fixed, they should prioritize a steam release in order to overhaul the economy which can utilize the steam marketplace.

Don't worry this had been planned since a loooooooong time ago ^^

yeah and we are still waiting for this to happen at some point or hell, some approx ETA.