Crates, skins, microtransactions > Improvements, balancing, fixes.

• It seems like this is the priority for the devs, which is really sad to see. I haven't played in some months and just decided to jump back in. 1 hour of playing and I still see all the issues with the game when I started playing about 8 or so months ago.

Hipfire is a fantastic game at its core, but it's marred by BS netcode, balance issues in weapons and matchmaking, and stupid metas (Bhopping, hipfire, smg) This is easily a $30+ game if all of these can be fixed, but right now it looks like crates and skins are more important than fixing the game.

I really want to love this game, but not if the devs will keep developing the game around crates, skins, and microtransactions. I'm not saying get rid of all these things, but I think finding a good balance between real development of the game and the monetary side of the game will keep the playerbase happy and alive.

Hopefully this post doesn't come off as rude or bashing the developers, I just really want this to game to grow into something awesome!

• Hello there,

I can assure you that the developers are currently 100% focused on the netcode. What you might see as skins and such only is basically the part of the developer team (in this case graphic designers), that is not involved in coding the new netcode, do what they should = creating skins. Doing these kind of updates won’t affect the speed of coding the netcode in any way.

Basically there are two options. Providing patches that bring events, skins, sometimes a new special mode and similar. Or none at all until the netcode update is ready. And I think it’s better for all of us if there is a patch instead of none at all.

I totally understand how you think about it. And we all hope that the netcode update is ready soon. But you’ll get more information about the whole situation und the next HQ report which should arrive very soon!

I hope that my little explaination made you understand our situation a little bit better.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

• I don't have a problem with bhopping or smgs either.

If it adds a bit of complexity to 1v1 situations, why not?

That being said, hipfire is a little too effective, considering how strong the focus on close range fights on most maps is.

• My concern is that it will swing advantage in fire fights to campers and significantly slow gameplay, leading to a much less dynamic (and fun) game.

I've seen it happen to other games, and it killed them.

• Sorry, but bunnyhopping always looks ridiculous in a shooter.

For my part, they can keep it in the game for all the wannabe pros, but they should heavily decrease the accuracy of the guns and the stamina while doing so ...

• I don't think so. Rushing with an AR (like the K2C or the FAMAS) and ADSing instead of hipfiring is even more effective than the hipfire smg meta, in my opinion.

However, the latter is a lot easier to execute.

Rushing would remain as effective, it just wouldn't be as easy anymore. Long range gameplay would not end up more useful than before.

EDIT:

Braggel : "Looking ridiculous" is not a good argument to remove something in an arcade FPS. This is not a military sim.

• I honestly don't understand why people want to make the game slower. It's not like there aren't already a gazillion shooters out there that want you to take a knee and ADS if you want to hit the broad side of a barn at 20 paces.

Personally, I wanna feel like Rambo when I play, not like I'm running MOUT drills in a simulator.

• I honestly don't understand why people want to make the game slower. It's not like there aren't already a gazillion shooters out there that want you to take a knee and ADS if you want to hit the broad side of a barn at 20 paces.

Personally, I wanna feel like Rambo when I play, not like I'm running MOUT drills in a simulator.

If that was directed at me: I assert that nerfing hipfire will not slow down gameplay.

• EDIT:

Braggel : "Looking ridiculous" is not a good argument to remove something in an arcade FPS. This is not a military sim.

Well, no word from me about removing the possibility to jump, i just said it should burn your stamina and your gun should spray like hell.

At least it's a shooter, not a jump'n'run.

Would not make the game slower but less annoying when half of the team is hoppin' all day long instead of running ...

• EDIT:

Well, no word from me about removing the possibility to jump, i just said it should burn your stamina and your gun should spray like hell.

At least it's a shooter, not a jump'n'run.

Would not make the game slower but less annoying when half of the team is hoppin' all day long instead of running ...

My statement still applies. I don't see why jumping is bad or annoying and why it should burn your stamina or add inaccuracy. In my opinion it adds a bit of depth to 1v1 situations and gives you the chance to dodge.

I wonder where this sentiment that jumping in FPS games is inherently bad comes from, too. 10-15 years ago almost every FPS game allowed you to jump and shoot and no one complained, because it was a decent mechanic to make movement relevant in FPS games, turning it into more than a point and click adventure.

• Bad comparison. Back then most multiplayer games were movement-based arena shooters such as Quake, Unreal Tournament, Half-Life deathmatch etc where movement was a key dynamic and shots always hit the center of the crosshair, with generally next to no ability to ADS.

I think the main issue with jumpshooters in IronSight is that you cannot hit them back due to the netcode. With the huge peakers advantage that results from the netcode, you can kill a person or two before they can react by jumping round a corner. I say we wait for the netcode to be fixed, then we see if jumpshooters are still as big an issue. If they are, then it would be appropriate to devise a proper counter

• Of course, you can jump in almost every FPS ... it's just the question how much benefit you get out of it.

As part of normal movement to get over obstacles, no problem. To jump over gaps, to take a look behind an obstacle to spot an enemy ...OK.

As part of that kind of "kill mechanics" that you can jump around like a bunny to avoid getting hit AND still be able to shoot accurate yourself? No way!

Just imagine the look of two or three players hopping around each other, trying to get their kill and tell me you'll find yourself saying that this was an impressive kind of fight ...

• I like this game because it is a reasonably quick paced, reasonably twitchy shooter, that I can play solo or with friends without having to spend much time thinking about tactics or obsessing over teamwork and roles. Sometimes you just want to chill out and shoot people in the face.

I'm against any changes that I believe will slow the game down, restrict movement options, or seek to inject so-called 'realism' into the game.

I want much run with my gun, and I don't mean PUBG style.

Just imagine the look of two or three players hopping around each other, trying to get their kill and tell me you'll find yourself saying that this was an impressive kind of fight ...

Sounds like fun. Count me in.

The post was edited 1 time, last by OhEmGee ().

• Bad comparison. Back then most multiplayer games were movement-based arena shooters such as Quake, Unreal Tournament, Half-Life deathmatch etc where movement was a key dynamic and shots always hit the center of the crosshair, with generally next to no ability to ADS.

I think the main issue with jumpshooters in IronSight is that you cannot hit them back due to the netcode. With the huge peakers advantage that results from the netcode, you can kill a person or two before they can react by jumping round a corner. I say we wait for the netcode to be fixed, then we see if jumpshooters are still as big an issue. If they are, then it would be appropriate to devise a proper counter

All the older CoDs had jumping as a key movement mechanic as well, so I don't see how the comparison is bad. I picked 10-15 years ago specifically to not include games like Quake, Unreal Tournament, Half-Life or Tribes into my comparison.

>With the huge peakers advantage that results from the netcode, you can kill a person or two before they can react by jumping round a corner.

Jumping is slower than running around the corner, though, so running around the corner is similarly (or more) effective. That being said, jumping does have a benefit: It locks your movement in place, meaning that you can jump around the corner while preaiming the angle, although I would assert that most people with good aim can achieve the same thing while running diagonally and aiming too, with the advantage that it's even faster than jumping. That being said, jumping is probably easier for situations like this.

EDIT: I think jumping also preserves momentum, meaning that you can ADS without losing momentum while jumping around a corner. I suppose that is also a huge advantage, definetly making jumping more effective than running around the corner. Regarding your other point: Even with better netcode, peeker's advantage will always be an issue. If you really think that this kind of abuse is an issue (which I am undecided about, as Ironsight is a fast paced game), you could fix it by increasing the time it takes to ADS when someone starts ADSing while jumping.

Of course, you can jump in almost every FPS ... it's just the question how much benefit you get out of it.

As part of normal movement to get over obstacles, no problem. To jump over gaps, to take a look behind an obstacle to spot an enemy ...OK.

As part of that kind of "kill mechanics" that you can jump around like a bunny to avoid getting hit AND still be able to shoot accurate yourself? No way!

I think it's more impressive if players manage to outplay their opponents with movement and good aim (even being able to track their opponents while quickly moving themselves!) than if people just stand still and aim at each other, yeah.

OhEmGee

I agree, this is also why I play Ironsight. I don't even consider it a particularly good game, but it's one of the least terrible ones in its subgenre that is still being played and not infested with cheaters.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sqroot ().