Regarding Russia/CIS Countries Block (Updated: January 11th, 2019)

• article_image_FULL_03.jpg

Mercenaries,

We come with unfortunate news that from the 14th of January 2019, Aeria Games will no longer hold the rights to publish Ironsight in your region. As a result, your access to the game and Ironsight webpage will no longer be possible.

We would like to clarify that the Aeria Games accounts of affected users will not be blocked or banned.

To all mercenaries affected by this change, we would like in first place to apologize for such inconvenience and inform you also about your right in getting an AP refund. This means that the amount of AP you’ve spent in Ironsight will be refunded to your Aeria Games account. If you are eligible and want to request your refund, we kindly ask you to send us a ticket here until the 31st of March 2019. Please read the appropriate section in the FAQ below to see if you are eligible for this refund.

As it was previously mentioned, your Aeria Games account will be available for you to play any of the other Aeria games. We therefore invite you to browse through our game selection, as we do have other cool shooters available such as S4League and Wolfteam, so you can keep playing among several amazing communities Aeria Games is proud to count with.

We would like to thank you for your comprehension.

Your Ironsight Team

FAQ

- When will exactly the block start?

The block will be effective starting from January 14th, 2019.

- What will happen to my account if I'm in one of the blocked countries?

Your Aeria Game account will remain available and you will be able to play our other games as usual. However, access to Ironsight will be blocked.

- What countries does it affect?

The countries affected are the following:

Russian Federation
    Republic of Armenia
    Republic of Azerbaijan
    Republic of Belarus
    Republic of Estonia
    Republic of Kazakhstan
    Kyrgyz Republic
    Republic of Latvia
    Lithuania
    Republic of Moldova
    Republic of Tajikistan
    Turkmenistan
    Republic of Uzbekistan
    Georgia
    Ukraine

- Why are you blocking us?

Your access to Ironsight will be blocked since Aeria Games will no longer have the publishing rights for your region.

- Who is eligible for an AP refund?

If you are affected by this block and you did use previously your Aeria Points on Ironsight, then you will be entitled to an AP refund. All Ironsight players accessing the game from the aforementioned regions (ie players who lose access to Ironsight due to the block) will be eligible.

- How can I request an AP refund if I'm in one of the affected countries and what’s the scope of the refund? (NEW)

ALL your AP purchases on Ironsight, made BEFORE the 14/01/2019, will be refunded in the same amount of AP that you paid. In order to request your refund, we kindly ask you to send us a ticket here.

- Who is eligible for an AP refund and what’s the scope of the refund?

All Ironsight players accessing the game from the aforementioned regions (ie players who lose access due to the block) will be eligible. ALL your purchases on Ironsight, regardless of the date, will be refunded in the same amount of AP that you paid.

Until when can I claim my AP refund?

You can make a request for your refund until (and including) March 31st, 2019.

• So i might to say goodbye as well... And never return into Ironsight after that.

Hell, that will be the day when russian players will all about iron's funeral. Never tryst such projects to 4game...

Guys that's was a pleasure to play this game. Best from what I've played after Modern Warfare 2 and stalker.

• Play the game for more than half year, get the items, donate, play more, suggest the game to all the gamer community in your country, and see this bulls**t announcement. I had to believe to some of my friends who said "Never trust to Aeria Games, they will screw the game in some ways". Good luck everyone, and I hope you will feel the silence after the news roll up since these countries had more than enough players. Cheers

The post was edited 1 time, last by veagnox ().

• A few questions, if I may.

Why has Aeria Games lost publishing rights for Russia and such? Is it exclusively effecting IronSight, or are other Aeria games going to be unplayable? If it's exclusively affecting IronSight, why?

Also, is the Russian version also being developed by Wiple?

• Also, is the Russian version also being developed by Wiple?

Why do You even think about different developer?

Why has Aeria Games lost publishing rights for Russia and such? Is it exclusively effecting IronSight, or are other Aeria games going to be unplayable? If it's exclusively affecting IronSight, why?

Somehow developer > publisher, so wiple wanted to have russian local version.

So same build with just russian localisation and no "ap" but something like "4gamep" xd

• the reason as to why the region lock has to occur it's not the fault of aeriagames. When there are other publishers that wish to host a certain game that is already being published by someone else, they'll have to aquire a license from the developers and once this occurs the other publishers aren't allowed to make the game available for that region, where the new publisher resides. I believe that this is indeed some heavy news but will also have the advantage of a better game experience for having the servers nearby. I will personally miss few players

• I believe that this is indeed some heavy news but will also have the advantage of a better game experience for having the servers nearby.

unfortunately it is not. If that was any other game publisher instead of 4game and mail.ru then yes, better experience by less ping and something else, like really cool game events that may happen each week in a month.

But they gave project to 4game... Better experience? Forget about it. Green, blue, orange, purple grade skins for real money and rental weapons only don't mean better experience. It means "you are piece of shrakh" (pardon my orcish)

• I just wanna know a reson, WHY?

• Ironsight have too many players?(No):S
    • GDPR ?:/
    • Ironsight closing?:(
    • A new publisher in CIS countries? (Please not mail.ru<X))

And if its true...And Ironsight will have new publishers for RU-region like mail.ru\my.com.

Why are you blocking the Republic of Estonia, Republic of Latvia, Lithuania (all 3 EU Members ) and Ukraine, and cut them off from EU servers ...W T F?(?

Many people invested time in this game, hoping it will grow.

And you just cut off part of the community, like they nothing:huh:.

• Apparently google did not reach the requirements to enforce nationwide ban so thats why google went to Russia’s national firewall.

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Hello there,

Ironsight gets a new publisher in Russia - 4game/Innova. Therefore Aeria Games doesn’t hold the rights to publish the Game for Russia/CIS regions anymore.

• Since when does Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Ukraine belong to Russia/CIS regions? Did we go back 40 years in time?

That’s probably because Russia’s new publisher will cover these specific regions too, therefore Aeria Games won’t hold the rights to publish it there neither anymore. But that’s just an vague assumption.

• Could AeriaGames have invested money themselves to keep the publishing rights? Not saying that that's desirable, just curious.

There are many factors that play a role there, but I can’t tell what exactly lead to this decision.

• There are many factors that play a role there, but I can’t tell what exactly lead to this decision.

Apparently, idiocy. Not wanna insult anyone but that's just look like that.

I'll repeat myself again: Whiple games maiking huge mistake.

didnt i tell u that russia blocked google and the game servers are google servers?

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• I dont know about 4 games in ru, but mail.ru/my.com is fine cuz still playing warface... Do warface the famous fps game in Russia?

• these are completely different games have nothing in common.

• Why do the baltic countries get affected by this block?

This game is not even Close to being big enough to survive a change like this. I enjoyed the game a lot but I refuse to play with any Russian publisher.
    I do not speak Russian and they have the habit of not translating their game to English.

I guess it was fun while it lasted. One of the best free to play shooters I have played.

• Well... This Sucks... Almost Lvl 270 Account Thrown In Trash... With 400k Gold Lol...

Is This The End End ?

Using VPN Still Illegal ? Btw?

Why Those Countries Got Blocked ?? 2k19 Present or Prank ?

:Facepalm:

• the reason is stated in the first sentence of the first page. A publisher looses the right to publish in a specific country when another publisher decides to host the same game for its region. In such cases the affected publishers don't have much of a choice than block these countries, if nothing else has been agreed to

• A publisher looses the right to publish in a specific country when another publisher decides to host the same game for its region.

But there is no IS in other region yet and eta when it will be launched. Why you could not make an agreement to implement a geo block only after the game is launched in other region?

Do not play against cheaters and hackers, it is waste of your time and health.

• Ahahah this is so sad. I agree that you should've sold the game to another publisher, maybe even a startup, but not to these one-man companies with nothing but servers for processing transactions.

Guys, dont blame only them, blame Russia for terrible laws too.

Who else forces you to have servers in their country in order to speak their language? Russia.

Russia forces you to have your servers inside itself in order to let you speak its language.:)

Also, yes, foxes can purr

• Okay, I understand that this new publisher will sell all the sh*t for high money, because I already played their other game called PointBlank and it was full of shitty weapons with skins of russian flags and etc., so you can't transfer items. But why the f*ck we must lose the level? At least transfer our profile level to the new one. Who wants to waste their f*cking time to start from zero level when you have 100+?

• Hey everyone,

I see there are several questions revolving around the block itself. Unfortunately we haven't much to say except the decision wasn't ours. Depending on the question, it would be pointless/unethical/illegal for us to respond.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

You won't have bestocatto over there but I hope it will be enjoyable!

• I will now close this thread as the discussions are deviating too much from the original piece of news. Please note that we recommend Ironsight players to play on the game version published in their region. I would also like to point out that while we are aware that certain players manage to connect to our version even from countries for which we do not hold the license, Aeria Games/gamigo cannot support players attempting to connect to our version of the game from these countries.