Types of bullet should not exist

• I personally agree to have the bullet attachments removed from the game and replace it with a 3rd attachment slot. For sniper rifles, we could have AP bullets as a 3rd attachment (because SR currently have only 2 attachments worth applying.). But SP bullets need to be completely removed from the game.

• Look, if you think they provide "massive" advantage, use them. They're cheap, the reward from 2/3 matches is enough to buy them.

That's not the case. I can use them, but its not competitive.

Look, with SP bullets, winning confrontations becomes dependent upon who is running and gunning and fires first. It no longer matters if you aim better than the other player, as long that player is using SP bullets and is jumping around like a frog, you won't win the fight unless if he's that bad.

SP bullets promotes run&gun and discourages other playstyle forms. If the devs want to game to be competitive like they planned, they need encourage all playstyles, not just run and gun.

currently, long range playstyles, particularly passives ones, are discouraged by this bullet attachment due to the kickback affecting their aim at longer ranges. Some guns in ironsight almost demands passive playstyles like the DMRs, AN94, CFX50 and PSG1. These "slow weapons" need some ranged battles to truly excel. The map design in ironsight is already bad enough for them, and SP bullets makes them obsolete. This is why you don't see these weapons being used much.

• I agree, but I want to add something: The kickback heavily shifts the advantage in close range fights towards guns with high RPM, which are already stupidly effective (relative to how easy they are to use) because of how accurate hipfire is. Hard damage dropoff and weird recoils on almost all guns add to the issue.

I don't really see run and gun in general as an issue, I just don't like how easy it is to run and gun while hipfiring. Kickback probably also adds to the randomness of close range encounters.

Everything in this game adds to the fact that fights between good players end up being fairly tedious and random, especially on close range maps.

• Tbh I really can't say when my enemy is using them or not, and I've played the game a lot. I never said "dam this guy killed me due to sp bullets". Since Ironsight has a very short ttk, it's always about who shoots first, and if your reaction is fast enough you can beat a player using sp.

Now, of course, if both players start shooting each other at the EXACT same time, the one using sp will win. Needless to say, tho, that's something rare.

• >Tbh I really can't say when my enemy is using them or not, and I've played the game a lot.

Well, that's on you. The effect is short and at a time when you're already getting shot, so it's easy to miss - but the increased kickback is pretty extreme and will throw off your aim. Gnomedalf has a pretty good comparison.

And once again - the whole stuff about "under equal conditions the better player will win" is nonsense in an argument like this. You can have a perfectly fair game that is still frustrating to play.

• You all will understand this if u watch this video https://youtu.be/mzEHZh-YzDI

Just think that the noob who killed this youtuber is using soft point bullet.

Lets see here... yep... this is a video of a CoD youtuber complaining that he died.... now lets look at the guns in use... he's using a very slow firing weapon, and the guy that killed him is using a fast firing weapon, that makes sense for the flinch... and now lets look at the comments.... oh look, the top comments is saying the same thing, weird huh. It's almost like Thunder was being a grumpy wumpus woo.

• You all will understand this if u watch this video https://youtu.be/mzEHZh-YzDI

Just think that the noob who killed this youtuber is using soft point bullet.

Lets see here... yep... this is a video of a CoD youtuber complaining that he died.... now lets look at the guns in use... he's using a very slow firing weapon, and the guy that killed him is using a fast firing weapon, that makes sense for the flinch... and now lets look at the comments.... oh look, the top comments is saying the same thing, weird huh. It's almost like Thunder was being a grumpy wumpus woo.

It's fair, but not really all that fun to play against, especially considering the state of slow firing weapons in Ironsight. For instance, guns in BF1 have spray when you aim down your sights and shoot. You can kind of counter-act it by only tapping your fire button, and it's fair because everyone suffers from it, but it still feels pretty frustrating and sluggish.

Now, kickback doesn't feel sluggish, but it's frustrating to get killed because your aim was thrown off by the kickback. It also further encourages aiming at the upper body instead of the head, because aiming at the head will result in you missing your opponent after kickback, while you still have a pretty good chance at the upper body.

In general, you could say that it makes aim less important and rewards first hits, like so many things in this game. It wouldn't surprise me if the hipfire meta became less effective if kickback was nerfed.

That being said, kickback shouldn't be removed entirely, gameplay would definetly feel off with no kickback.

• SP bullets promotes run&gun and discourages other playstyle forms. If the devs want to game to be competitive like they planned, they need encourage all playstyles, not just run and gun.

currently, long range playstyles, particularly passives ones, are discouraged by this bullet attachment due to the kickback affecting their aim at longer ranges.

First, it's just nonsense to suggest that long range 'styles' are discouraged. The SRs, particularly the bolt action rifles, are devastating. You can easily contribute as much to your team with an SR as you can with an AR or SMG.

There are also plenty of ARs that reward keeping your distance and scoping up. If you wanna stand toe to toe against an SMG with them though.. expect to lose, hard.

Second... good. I like fast twitch FPS games. That's why I play Ironsight. I don't want to play some slow cheese game where teams try to bore each other to death.

Third.. being run and gun is absolutely no barrier to competitive play. It just means that competitors who don't have the skill set to hang in that environment would be better served playing something that's more to their tempo. There's no shortage of that type of game already, so why throw yet another into the mix?

The post was edited 1 time, last by OhEmGee ().

• I would prefer to not have bullet types and have that space for another attachment. Or the bullets could sort of fall under the attachements areas so a player can select how they want to use those 3 slots best (the charm is absolutely worthless to me).

• I think the reason this thread was made resolves in a mechanic that could be a flair to the game, now has way too easy access with an exclusive slot making possible to everyone to have this ability without any balance like we have with the streak system where you only choose one from a few abilities, this is why ammo type is unbalanced and it lowers the skill bar making it less competitive.

• the bullets could sort of fall under the attachements areas so a player can select how they want to use those 3 slots best (the charm is absolutely worthless to me).