the_Director Reporting

• Hi, and welcome. What weapon will you be running with when you play, and what does this say about you?

Thanks!
    Just came out of a game actually, I am experimenting around.

My current loadouts are P90+Xbow, ARX160 (Just bought)+M320GLM and PSG-1 + Jackhammer.

To be honest you can tell more about me regarding my secondaries since Xbow is just cool and reminds me when we were playing Half-life onLAN with my friends. Grenade launcher because, come on, you need to have one. And Jackhammer is because I loved it in Fallout 2.

So I guess this says I'm an old gamer :P

Hi the_Director, welcome to ironsight! I hope you can really push for the changes this game needs and make ironsight playable to play for many years to come.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to the days where you can all go hipster on newbies like "Back in beta..." ;D

LOL

Is this what happens when there is no communication and transparency? The "Director" comes to rekindle the hope of the desperate players with a few words of encouragement... xD

What a joke. Even the white knights like Linuxce cant protect the game anymore, because even they know the game is a broken mess that's halfway dead.

Netcode is broken, in-game report is broken, there is not enough content, there is no communication, but here guys, have some more skins to grind or pay more for.

A HQ Report is coming soon that will address some of the major topics. Take a look and please leave a comment after you read it!

• Hello and welcome to IronSight. I'm Noobles, also known as the guy that used to draw all the weird Neil Wild pictures in the Discord. Now that that's out the way and you're answering questions, who's cooler, Neil Wild, or Flloyd?

• Hello and welcome to IronSight. I'm Noobles, also known as the guy that used to draw all the weird Neil Wild pictures in the Discord. Now that that's out the way and you're answering questions, who's cooler, Neil Wild, or Flloyd?

Neil Wild is an amazing guy, very handsome, very interesting and charismatic.

But Flloyd is at an arms length and he has a sword, so I'll say that the cooler person isn't important, we are all unique in our own way.

• Neil Wild is an amazing guy, very handsome, very interesting and charismatic.

But Flloyd is at an arms length and he has a sword, so I'll say that the cooler person isn't important, we are all unique in our own way.

Nice save...

I'll be watching your next move.

• Neil Wild is an amazing guy, very handsome, very interesting and charismatic.

Nice save...

I'll be watching your next move.

Neil Wild... Flloyd... We all know who’s the best catto in here, and it’s obviously none of them... :P<3

• A HQ Report is coming soon that will address some of the major topics. Take a look and please leave a comment after you read it!

You need to stop releasing skins and other cosmetics ever since February 2018, every update is 95% skins and the rest is divided between content and fixes for issues.

The game has gotten 4 maps for 10 months, one map is the game mode that doesn't work properly so people avoid it, therefore it doesn't even count. So the game has added 3 maps - Ironworks, Cruise, Biolab. IN 10 MONTHS.

No new weapons, no new attachments, only 1-2 new drones and one skill perk.

The weapon AR57 has been overpowered for a long time, it has a magazine of 50 bullets and the spray pattern allows people to abuse it by running and gunning, occasionally even proning on the ground when the going gets tough for them. The "nerf" that it got was its headshot multiplier reduced from 1.4 to 1.2... but who cares about that when most kills with AR57 result in body shots?! At the end of the day, AR57 is still OP.

Then snipers were "nerfed" and that changed absolutely nothing, as they are still OP. DMRs and LMGs were adjusted, yet still nobody cares to play them. People like to run around with SRs (like they aren't even a long range weapon), SMGs and ARs. The rest of the weapons are just for show and to take up space.

Proning has been abused ever since the first day of CBT back in November 2017. I've suggested multiple times for its animation speed to be increased to the point that only snipers who actually snipe from long range make use of it while on roofs and other such surfaces... The issue was ignored or it just got the classic "thanks, we will forward/review it" from the staff.

What's the point of weapons having scopes if hipfire is just as accurate? Either increase the recoil of hipfire by at least 60% or just remove scopes as they are completely useless. The most glaring example is braindead noob kids running around with AR57 - they see you, they immediately prone, kill you and move on.

If you were a sensible developers/publishers that actually cared about your game, its quality and the satisfaction of players, you'd do something about it sooner. Like at least either disable either or just issue a quick fix rather than take months upon months and where the end result amounts to absolutely nothing.

I heard the developers don't even read the forums... Well, that doesn't inspire much confidence in me either. If they really cared about their game, and if they can't speak good English, they should get someone who does to read the forums and maybe interact with players and explain things for them. This alone, will be like the best PR this game has never gotten - members of the dev team all the way from Korea talking to the players... but no, let's just have more skins instead.

This is the same thing that happened to Ghost in the Shell First Assault - another F2P Korean FPS, in its case published by Nexon. It actually had REMARKABLY better and more fun gameplay than Ironsight, but it suffered the exact same fate Ironsight is right now. That's the complete lack of transparency, communication, lack of any roadmap whatsoever. There were issues with the game, again one was the netcode, the other being the hitred, there were performance issues as well. They had a PTS server and tried to apply a netcode patch, it caused more harm than good, so they never applied it on the live servers. They updated the hitboxes of soldiers to better address the hitreg issues, but that didn't do much. The issues continued to persist and they just kept ignoring it and adding more updates that caused more imbalances with the game. There were two Q&A with the developer team from Korea, after that, nothing was heard from them. Then when the game was steadily losing players, there was a few months of silence, then out of nowhere they released an update called 2.0, which changed the game completely. The best example is the game was like CS:GO and the 2.0 update turned it into Paladins. That was the update they hoped would save the game, but nobody wanted that, so players immediately left and the game shut down a few months after.

On the other hand you can see another Korean F2P FPS game - AVA Dog Tag. On their website they have laid out everything a curious player who wants to be involved with their game will want to know:

First and more importantly than most, AN ACTUAL ROADMAP: http://playava.com/devnote2.html

Which serves to indicate on potential players what they can expect during each stage of the game.

Second is the Director's comment: http://playava.com/comment.html
    Which addresses all known issues with the game that previous and new potential players may have with the game and what the developers plan on doing in order to address and fix them.

This is a game that was released back in 2007 in Korea and in 2009 in EU/NA. It was handled by one good and two lousy publishers, one of which was Aeria Games and during that time the game's P2W cash shop, which previously was insignificant, suddenly became the most prominent aspect of the game. Whereas in 2010, the amount of players using P2W cash shop guns was about 5%, now it turned to over 70% in a matter of 2 years (2013), from then on, a lot of stupid decisions regarding the monetization of certain aspects were made that caused uproar from the players and subsequently their leave, by early 2018, the game had about 200 player remaining at peak hours, the game shut down at the end of Spring 2018. A month later it was announced that the developers want to self-publish the game in EU, NA, SEA and SA by removing everything P2W, making the game play like it did back in 2010 (the glory days) and improving visuals and everything they can while focusing on competitive and E-Sports from the get-go. How that will work out, I don't know, will it be a failure or success is ONLY UP TO THEM AND NOBODY ELSE... But they laid out their plans for the community to judge them.

--------

You should take note from what AVA DT did and create your own roadmap and address ALL THE KNOWN ISSUES and what you plan to do with them.

Your next report/update better address those things and it better not be another huge batch of skins or it's official that this game has no future. You have one last chance to redeem this. If you continue to ignore the issues (which isn't just the netcode, even if it's fixed, you still have a below mediocre game on your hands to deal with) and continue to shell out updates with 95% skins, even the most staunch supporters will eventually lose hope and interest. I don't know if you're just trying to sustain the game by milking it with skins while it's still in a "beta phase" (allegedly) or you actually have no content left to release, but this is going nowhere. I've seen SO LITTLE progress done to this game from when I first played it over a year ago that I don't even know how do you all live with yourselves knowing this is happening to the game that thousands of players were hyped to play and hundreds of them were ready to invest into.

You have one last chance, don't squander it.

• Irony_Sigh A lot of what you said is actually opinion based (maps, weapons, hipfire nerf, balancing). As you know I've been around for as long as you have and have actually been active in the community for almost the entire time (except a few weeks). I've saw what people complain about and what people praise. Quite a lot of people have said they actually do not care for new maps/weapons etc and just want them to fix netcode ASAP. Then on the other hand, others want frequent small updates like the ones we have been given over the past few months. Developers cannot please everyone and they can only meet half way. Even though I do agree with some, you can't expect your opinion/ideas to get implemented/changed in game. At the end of the day the developers have the last choice and not Aeria. It's up to them to decide whether they want X change in or not because they have certain visions for their game and they have every right to do so since they made it.

Aeria do not forward every single suggestion ever made and only do so with things that have been brought up countless times or they see really big potential or strongly agree with them.

To your point about skins, I don't even understand why this is EVER mentioned. The artists that make skins are artists... not developers. They can and will continue to keep working on new skins 24/7 regardless of what developers are doing to fix the game. They won't suddenly learn how to code and help out because it's not in their job description?

• First off thank you for reaching to us, the community

secondly my biggest elephant in the room question that im sure many other people have on their mind as well and not just me: what are your plans to increase the playerbase/ when is the possible Steam launch?

as right now I would be lying if i said that the playerbase is healthy, and while for now its not impossible to quickly find a match to hop in, this game definitely could need some fresh blood and more people playing it.

secondly: could we have some better events, pretty please? right now the ones we got are nothing short of weak, with beyond underwhelming rewards (like come on now, temporary weapon reward for completing the event? seriously?).

add new maps, new gamemodes, I beg you. Right now, while the gameplay is fun for the most part, its painfully lacking of stuff to do and thats not good. If you want us being your customers, we need to feel that this game is going somewhere.

• Irony_Sigh I know who you are on reddit, and I remember you mentioned that you haven't touched the game since September. The changes you mention completely change the core idea of the run and gun gameplay the game is based on. Not everyone agrees with what you have said and I certainly will quit if your changes are implemented. I am an active player and hope for changes that improve the current existing infrastructure of the game such as netcode, bug fixes, etc. I don't vouch for changing the game entirely.

• Hi guys,

HQ Report is almost out (needs translation) but it will be a more general update so I want to touch some topics here.

Transparency

First of all, I admire the "open roadmap" level transparency when it's done well. I'm an avid follower of the indie Subnautica and I loved how they even shared their project management board. However, that is not what makes or breaks a game. For every company that is *that* open, there are 5 that aren't. To be clear, I'm not saying we strive not to be transparent. As I said, I personally like it. We could do it one day, I'm not against it at all. But it's not a necessity and it does NOT guarantee success either.

However, I definitely agree that our communication is lacking and this will change. The HQ report got delayed because it's been hectic (as decembers almost always are) but I promise more communication and insight in future.

Also, this game is going to be released and will not be pay2win. We have no plans whatsoever to change the setup we have. No one in Wiple, no one in Aeria, no one in game team and no one in management ever talks about that.

Devs not in Forums

Actually, I was just talking to our volunteer team in Discord about this. Someone commented best would be to have developers on Discord, here is what I said (first line is the quote)

pasted-from-clipboard.png

THIS PARTICULAR THING MUST change

Surely there are things that must change but you also have to understand when it comes to things like balance or what is fun, there are different camps. So, we may have changes that you like or change you completely hate. If you genuinely dislike the game after the fixes and a few patches, then maybe it's not the game for you. That's perfectly normal, every game has a different audience. There are popular games I've never liked and you have games like Fortnite where millions play and millions hate. I played it by the way.

Player-base Future

It's not a secret and not expected that the number of players have dropped since summer. We still do "marketing stuff", but we are keeping until we feel more comfortable with the game. We are happy that there are still so many people enjoying the game and very grateful for the support you provide.

As we go through the big milestones such as fixing the Netcode, steam and actual release, we will do more and more things. It's one of the things we've started planning already.

If you have any interesting ideas, feel free to share here, on reddit or via PM. I may not get back to you, at least not in time but I try to read as much as I can personally.

New Events and Content

I mention these in HQ report but basically we will add more stuff in future and we will talk about these in future as well. For now, the focus is on the Netcode and expect to hear about that #soon

As I said, communication will improve so I didn't put too many topics on HQ report because more reports will follow and it won't be 5 months apart from each other.

As Product Manager, let me summarize my vision: I'm not here to manage the game that *I* want. Or the management wants. Or Wiple wants. What I want is to manage the game that the community wants, make it their game.

I'm aware this takes better communication and more transparency than what we have now. It's a long road and we are at the very start. I hope we'll leave behind these trying times soon and have more fun together!

the_Director out!

• THIS PARTICULAR THING MUST change

Surely there are things that must change but you also have to understand when it comes to things like balance or what is fun, there are different camps. So, we may have changes that you like or change you completely hate. If you genuinely dislike the game after the fixes and a few patches, then maybe it's not the game for you. That's perfectly normal, every game has a different audience. There are popular games I've never liked and you have games like Fortnite where millions play and millions hate. I played it by the way.

Just please don't change the soul of the game. If I wanted to play Fortnite, PUBG, BO4, Overwatch or whatever then I would.

I want to play Ironsight. So please just make it the best version of itself, and don't worry about what the others are doing.

• You mentioned Steam release... But since there will be another game version by other publisher ... are you about to publish regions restricted Steam version? Or maybe you still could secure rights to publish worldwide version in Steam? I ask because i do not see the point to publish

regions restricted version.

Do not play against cheaters and hackers, it is waste of your time and health.

• First thing’s first, director, is the game’s meta (goal) a hipfire skilled fps like csgo, both like CoD, or (prob not) ads skilled like battlefield? Im not a or your marketing director, but i can tell that by not emphasizing this meta (ie if hipfire meta then it should have secondary hipfire spread like csgo so hipfiring doesnt have to be point and click-hold fest for this game’s small maps) this would not win in a sale competition between other AAA fps games and other decent fps games (ie black squad)

I just feel like the devs are just throwing ideas in development, not making a niche for ironsight, and/or even not sure what they are actually doing for the game and just need some quick cash.

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

The post was edited 1 time, last by Misfire ().