the_Director Reporting

• Iron sights are the most important part of a weapon.

It is where you see your target.

It is what makes the machine efficient.

It is what keeps you relevant.

NAF and EDEN will keep fighting for dominance.

An endless tug of war to prevent falling in the mud.

Why? The soldiers will tell you that they want peace. Justice. To defend you and themselves.

They believe that too. However, that's not the reality.

The rope is long enough and there is room them on either side.

They could have all the things they wanted.

If they would, they could have just stopped and moved on.

But they won't. Because what the leaders want is more. They want power. They want to be in charge.

And they'll make the soldiers obey. To believe.

Such is the human nature.

We aren't content. We want more. But we always want to be content.

We don't trust. We want to dominate. But we desparately look for direction.

We are moved by others simply because they tell us to.

That's why you need to know what you want.

You need a target, so you can reach for it.

You need to be efficient, so you can face any difficulty.

You need to be adoptive and aware, so you can stay competitive.

You need to keep your eyes on the prize.

You need the Ironsight.

Me? I'm on the next level. Behind the curtain, over the tug of war been NAF and EDEN but still in the middle of things.

I am the Director.

Greetings everyone!

This is the_Director, the new Product Manager for Ironsight!

I've recently moved to this position and have been stalking since then, but I thought it's time I reveal myself!

Quick word about me: I've been in Aeria and gaming industry for a while and a gamer myself. I play a variety of games with shooters, rts and rpgs being my favorites.

I'm told that the communication lines haven't been the best recently and indeed, we noticed a few drones were malfunctioning. We are working on those and will try to improve the flow of information in the coming weeks and months.

Before I get to the last part, I want to provide two bits of information: We have a December/Xmas patch coming up and we are working hard on fixing the netcode. It's a fundamental change and takes time, but I promise you that it's the top priority subject for every single person in the team.

Another change I'd like to share with you is that the gif-meister Flloyd is now the Assistant Product Manager. We will use the power of memes to blast off at the speed of light!

(As you can imagine, Charly and Reeds are no longer in the team)

I won't write much more and let you guys back to shooting each other in-game. Please say hi under this thread and ask me if you have any questions. I'll try to answer as many as possible (via forums or maybe a Q&A post afterwards.)

It's great to be with you all and I'm looking forward to all the fun we'll have in Ironsight!

• These are very good news, indeed. It is very welcome.
    I think I speak for most players here that we look forward to a better game experience :)

Best regards,
    Gamga

200w.webpIGN: Gamga | Clan: GLITCH | LVL: 120 | KDR: 1.66 | Main: AUG A3

Twitch   TeamSpeak   Steam

Spiel aus Spaß, nicht aus Zwang oder Erfolg.

Wir bieten Teamspeak Sponsoring und Test- /Leihserver!
    ATHP Lizenz

• Well, ok here is a first batch of questions.

1 Why support team is so bad?

1.1 first is Why insulting clan names are allowed?

1.2 second, i was seeeking help but my topic got closed Is it a h@ck or a map glitch?

i have sent a ticket 4 days ago with a video but still no reply. Where is support?

2 Will this game be a paid one after open-beta ends? There are some proof that it wont be f2p anymore but could you confirm or deny that?

• If you can, please tell us, what is the advancement with the netcode works? Is it super early and the team is just writing stuff, or is it closer to internal testing stages?
    That was a big hit for me that the netcode didn't got repaired last big patch.

• the_Director i think Helix has informed the CMs to announce all suggestions/improvements that are being considered like “Mechanics 2.0” where climbing over obstacles arent limited and penetration fully works. I think its a great idea to communicate the path of the game instead of being silent and only posting events and patch notes.

<3Misfire<3

<3Orange Diamond with Blue Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3:(ironsight_20180524154328.png:(<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Alright! Thanks for the warm welcome. Let me answer the questions!

Even more Memes?

YES

also, inb4

2o7ejc.jpg

Can you spoil us something about the other maps (Hide, Tower, Riverside, etc.)?

At the moment, I can't really spoil something in particular other than to say more will be arriving.

So... More will be arriving!

Cats or dogs?

Don't make me choose, but I'll give you more than that:

I've never had a dog but I was very close to one, actually the very first animal I bonded (we basically grew up together).

I had two cats (both siamese, one from a shelter)

I had two birbs.

I had one fish.

All have died except one of the cats : (

Actually, I killed the fish. I was like 4 apparently and I dropped my dad's calculator in the bowl and the battery leaked and the fish was poisoned. Yep, BACK IN MY DAY, we had leaking batteries.

illuminati?

△△

△△△

(pretty sure these will align when I post them, but you get the idea)

1.1. Insulting clan names aren't allowed per se, I honestly can't tell you our exact policy at the moment but I see you mentioned your ticket wasn't replied. If that's true you should get a response soon. Due to changes in our team the last weeks have been a bit busier than usual. Also, name and shame is not allowed so please do not post anything in public, it won't count as a report and will only get you a closed topic or a moderator action.

1.2 Your topic got closed because the topic isn't for forums as Solaria informed you when the topic was closed. As for your ticket, same as above. It could be that the team sent the video for investigation and wanted to give you a response after the result.

Can you PM me your ticket numbers? To be clear: I won't give higher priority to a ticket just because someone wrote to me, but we can take a look to see if we can improve anything for similar cases for future.

2. I can officially confirm that we will always be a free2play, non-pay2win game.

If you can, please tell us, what is the advancement with the netcode works? Is it super early and the team is just writing stuff, or is it closer to internal testing stages?

This is an elemental change to the game and the code and as such, the problem is very complex to fix. As you know, the previous attempt didn't really go well. But we also learned from it.

I can tell you that the developers are working hard and closing in for a fix. Meanwhile, we are looking into getting a public test server to prevent interfering with the game while getting more testing than we can do internally.

I have no ETA but I can confirm that the fix unfortunately won't arrive this year. However, we do have a patch coming up for this month to give you something to play around.

the_Director i think Helix has informed the CMs to announce all suggestions/improvements that are being considered like “Mechanics 2.0” where climbing over obstacles arent limited and penetration fully works. I think its a great idea to communicate the path of the game instead of being silent and only posting events and patch notes.

I can't tell you at this very moment how we'll do things but I promise there will be more than just posting events and patch notes.

• the_Director not sure if u will still reply but the bio lab map is what a fps need unlike other maps that were not added in updates after alpha test. bio lab map has 3 lanes with less open lanes which helps players survive better (in oceanfront for example the middle is too "open" and u can get shot from all directions. anyways good map design

<3Misfire<3

<3Orange Diamond with Blue Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3:(ironsight_20180524154328.png:(<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• LOL

Is this what happens when there is no communication and transparency? The "Director" comes to rekindle the hope of the desperate players with a few words of encouragement... xD

What a joke. Even the white knights like Linuxce cant protect the game anymore, because even they know the game is a broken mess that's halfway dead.

Netcode is broken, in-game report is broken, there is not enough content, there is no communication, but here guys, have some more skins to grind or pay more for.