Ranked mode doubts

• Hi, i have been playing for a short time and i only found info from some months ago so i am not sure if that info it's still well bc the game could be updated. Are killstreaks allowed on ranked games?(like in normals for acummulation) Are there some restriction?(like level, weapons, accesories or whatever) I only saw SND mode, is that correct? and did the developers say something about had new game modes?(like secure the point i see potential in that game mode it's like hard point on cod but is interesting that if u do 2 bad respawns and all the enemy team is in the point u loose the round fast) Is ranked mode playable as premade or have any limit of ppl in premade? and finally, any recommendation/advice about ranks? I am not gonna play yet ranks but i would like to prepare myself a little to go ranks knowing a lot of things and dont ruin the game to anybody or atleast try it

• Ranked has kill-streaks however the community have been asking if this can be removed or at least custom matches can have options to disable them. The mode is only available for players that are leveled 10 or above and offers only the Search & Destroy game mode. For now ranked is only solo queue but there will be clan wars in future. Recommendation would be to try to play normal Search & Destroy before going into ranked and don't expect too much out of it as a lot of the time you're either vs the highest rank player or a literal fresh level 10 player.

• Ranked has kill-streaks however the community have been asking if this can be removed or at least custom matches can have options to disable them. The mode is only available for players that are leveled 10 or above and offers only the Search & Destroy game mode. For now ranked is only solo queue but there will be clan wars in future. Recommendation would be to try to play normal Search & Destroy before going into ranked and don't expect too much out of it as a lot of the time you're either vs the highest rank player or a literal fresh level 10 player.

Wow that doesnt sound good... well, this is a beta.. i hope they fix things and hear the community to make this game competitive bc i think it has potential if they the things well

• I think there should be more rewards for ranked matches, because, at least in the SA server, it's very hard to find a match, players aren't interested. The game needs to offer something that attract players. Example: if you win 100 ranked matches, you got a special skin or something.

• I think there should be more rewards for ranked matches, because, at least in the SA server, it's very hard to find a match, players aren't interested. The game needs to offer something that attract players. Example: if you win 100 ranked matches, you got a special skin or something.

Yeah at the moment ranked is just for ego boosters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This isn't just because people aren't interested in ranked, but also because the player numbers in general are fairly low. This also affects casual, and if more people were to play ranked, less players were to play casual, which might split up the already fairly small player population.

This isn't just because people aren't interested in ranked, but also because the player numbers in general are fairly low. This also affects casual, and if more people were to play ranked, less players were to play casual, which might split up the already fairly small player population.

That's not the situation in the SA server. You find normal matches very easily, anytime. But ranked is a desert.

Yeah you have a point, but remember that ranked is only SnD, and some players don't like this mode, so they would stay in casual.

• This isn't just because people aren't interested in ranked, but also because the player numbers in general are fairly low. This also affects casual, and if more people were to play ranked, less players were to play casual, which might split up the already fairly small player population.

That's not the situation in the SA server. You find normal matches very easily, anytime. But ranked is a desert.

Yeah you have a point, but remember that ranked is only SnD, and some players don't like this mode, so they would stay in casual.

>That's not the situation in the SA server.

It seems to be on EU at times, we had 2-min TDM queue times yesterday at 2am, only to end up in a 3v3 match that stayed 3v3 until the end.

Judging from queue times, player numbers seem to have dwindled since the BO4 release.

>but remember that ranked is only SnD, and some players don't like this mode, so they would stay in casual.

Yup, I missed that. I think part of the reason is also that Ironsight is not a particularly fair and competitive game, so most people prefer playing casual gamemodes with more action over SnD.

• I dont think the playerbase is the problem. Its the server making new lobbies. Too many players and too little lobbies for those players = longer queue

<3Misfire<3

<3Orange Diamond with Blue Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3:(ironsight_20180524154328.png:(<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Imo, SND is a great ranked mode if u combine it with others, that's is the problem others mode are not included(obv i am not saying tdm as ranked game but secure the point could be a competitive mode)also the could add capture the flag to have 3 competitive game modes. Maybe if they promote ironsight as an eSport focused game they could catch more players... nowadays the most played games have a strong competitive scene, so that could be the key to promote the game. This game has a lot of good things like is f2p i didnt see anything of p2w(maybe i am wrong but i dont see any adventage in pay for skins) and is funny just need some balance in kills streaks and make a good ranked ladder

• Fine ideas, but I don't think that adding other gamemodes will change something about people not playing ranked. CTF is not a good idea because it doesn't work well in most games (only exceptions I can think of are tribes, quake and maybe tf2), and definetly not in games like ironsight with such one-dimensional maps.

>Maybe if they promote ironsight as an eSport focused game they could catch more players... nowadays the most played games have a strong competitive scene, so that could be the key to promote the game.

I have a strong opinion on this. Your observation is correct, but it's the other way around: The most played games have a strong competitive scene because they were attractive to casual players before, which created the competitive scene in the first place, not because the competitive aspect reeled in a large amount of players. A number of games have tried to market themselves (exclusively) as competition-oriented games, and failed because of that (Battalion 1944 to name a recent one, for instance). It sadly doesn't really work that way around.