Computer upgrade issue.

• Hey everyone.

I need a little help with the computer upgrade. I have now a gaming PC based on Intel Core i5-6500 and GTX960 graphic card.

I want to have better gaming performance for the next 3-4 years at 1440p monitor widescreen monitor. I already ordered GTX 1080ti, but still having an issue with CPU.

Is it better to stay on Intel and go with i7-8700K or i7-9700K or it's better to move to AMD side? For example Ryzen 7 2700X with X470 motherboard.

RAM, SSD, PSU and other parts are not a problem and they will be taken from old PC.

Thanks for any suggestions.:)

• from how I see it, you shouldn't have any issues for few years with the current gear that you have mentioned. Unless you wanna play on high end the current cpu you have is good enough for that to handle. In games, the component that is used most id the GPU regarding rendering and co.

• from how I see it, you shouldn't have any issues for few years with the current gear that you have mentioned. Unless you wanna play on high end the current cpu you have is good enough for that to handle. In games, the component that is used most id the GPU regarding rendering and co.

It's good for gaming, I agree. But as I said, I want to upgrade to high-end gaming for the nearest future. As far as I know, not all GPUs and CPUs can give smooth performance on widescreen monitors. I have already ordered 34" IPS monitor with resolution 3440x1440p. And I need to prepare for future upgrades for 4K resolutions.