Game Suggestions

• I really enjoying this game and want it to succeed, but feel some things need to be added and improved upon before it can have the best possibility of succeeding. So, here are my suggestions and concerns...

1. Add kill cams, will save me and other from those " that's bullshit" moments.

Add in-game player reporting

Original Suggestion - have ran into players using wall chams, macros and scripts

About #2 Add in-game player reporting

Good idea, but we need limits for reports, for example, 3 per day. It's necessary. So that players do not report everyone. There may be 1 report per day.Players will save the report and use it when completely 100% sure that they face a cheater.

Fixing The Netcode & Movement Update Rate

I feel your movement doesn't ping back or update fast enough because of situations where you have clearly ran away and reach cover and said enemy still kills you though the walls/buildings! Changing from tcp to udp would fix this issue...

I originally said above that changing the protocol from TCP to UDP would fix the movement issue above. However, Adi88 has shed some light and corrected me. So thanks...The devs need to fix both the netcode and increase the movement update rate.

No, it won't.

UDP is a protocol. A protocol is a set of rules on how the communication between the client (you) and the server will work. It simply ignores packets that are lost/outdated. Ironsight's servers have a sluggish movement update rate. Therefore, if a player who is seeing you outside of cover, whereas in your end you are behind cover, you will still take damage because the server did not update your position to your enemy in time. Hence, UDP does not see the enemy's packet an "outdated" packet, because on the enemy's side, it is not outdated.

What UDP will do, is that it will significantly reduce trade killing, and "enlarged hitboxes", but to fix the issue of getting shot through cover, the server needs to increase its movement update rate.

Sprint Issues

I also, have an issue with sprint where doing some actions like using my ironsight or strafing closes the sprint animation. This is annoying and has been the result of me dying quite a bit......idk, it feels like when you flick the lights on and off. Once minute im sprinting and then next it stop and starts again and during this im holding down my sprint key...maybe someone can shed some light on this maybe this is hows it suppose to work.

Grenade Animation/Not Holding

I'm not sure if in this game the nade is like the call of duty franchise in the aspect of when holding down the middle mouse button it should swing your arm back and hold it there upon release? if yes then when i hold my middle mouse button it just throws the nade and doesn't hold it there. Please let me know if this is suppose to happen?

Gun Balancing

SMG are Op " P90" beats any assault rifle. I tried the Aug A3 and didn't like it at all, switched back to the default MP5 A3 which is a bad af SMG. Idk, i just feel SMG's perform better compared to assault rifles. What do you all think?

Matchmaking

I don't like getting thrown into half ending matches. Also, would be nice too have a choice to stay in the lobby after a game. If you had a good game then your mostly likely going to have another good game if you stay in the lobby. But, from the looks of it after each game it kicks you and you go back to matchmaking.

I also, would like the option to avoid players like in black ops 2. Yeah, this could increase the wait time for matchmaking but would have better games and be worth waiting. Avoiding suspect cheaters and just people that are toxic and salty af....idk would be a good idea

Anyways, feel free to add your suggestions below too

• with any luck, fixing the netcode should sort the sprint issues, while also sorting out some of the balancing issues and sparing you/explain the "that's bullshit" moments.

Either way, good suggestions. me likey

I'm also thinking, this could also be giving me the impression players are using wall cheats. Idk, the last 3 games felt the enemy players were using wall hacks and no they didn't have a UAV up. Just, felt like they suddenly killed me at my most opportune times and pre firing as well.

But, since the netcode is using TCP this could be giving me this impression kinda like a false positive...

• I'm also thinking, this could also be giving me the impression players are using wall cheats. Idk, the last 3 games felt the enemy players were using wall hacks and no they didn't have a UAV up. Just, felt like they suddenly killed me at my most opportune times and pre firing as well.

But, since the netcode is using TCP this could be giving me this impression kinda like a false positive...

One of the big issues with the netcode is how it makes it difficult to detect the use of cheats ingame. Sorting it will most definitely make it considerably easier to identify and combat cheaters

• About #2 Add in-game player reporting

Good idea, but we need limits for reports, for example, 3 per day. It's necessary. So that players do not report everyone. There may be 1 report per day.Players will save the report and use it when completely 100% sure that they face a cheater.

• I feel your movement doesn't ping back or update fast enough because of situations where you have clearly ran away and reach cover and said enemy still kills you though the walls/buildings! Switching to UDP will fix this issue.

No, it won't.

UDP is a protocol. A protocol is a set of rules on how the communication between the client (you) and the server will work. It simply ignores packets that are lost/outdated. Ironsight's servers have a sluggish movement update rate. Therefore, if a player who is seeing you outside of cover, whereas in your end you are behind cover, you will still take damage because the server did not update your position to your enemy in time. Hence, UDP does not see the enemy's packet an "outdated" packet, because on the enemy's side, it is not outdated.

What UDP will do, is that it will significantly reduce trade killing, and "enlarged hitboxes", but to fix the issue of getting shot through cover, the server needs to increase its movement update rate.

• No, it won't.

Thanks for explaining more in depth about this...guess Aeria Games needs to increase movement update rate

• 1. There was a reporting player feature

2. Theres no cooking grenades in game

3. Since there are more smg range than ar, smg is better.

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Remember that the UDP change is only the first step of incoming netcode changes to eliminate those issues ^^

Certainly. But one thing I do fear, is that players will be teleporting through walls instead of phasing through them (happened quite a lot when the game was on UDP before) . So the movement update rate needs to be amped up to minimize this.

However, increasing the update rate has one problem: It will degrade the game's performance now that the client has to upload a lot more data than before. So the devs also need to make the game perform better (there are ways to do this). Judging how small the dev team is, this is going to take a while

• What about a Battle Royale? :o

Not a bad idea, but the current maps are too small for that... a bigger one is needed. I like this gamemode, problem is it usually requires many players to start a match.

wont work in this game. The maps are smaller than cod

<3Misfire<3

<3Yellow Star with dark Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3as.jpg<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Post by jord56 ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: bump post ().