Game needs more weapons - leave your suggestions

• Dude, this game is based in the near future. Weapons from WW2 would be considered extremely primitive for the setting of this game.

Finally someone gets it

I really don't want to be a smartass, but this game actually really does have WW2 weapons already!

For one there's the AK-47, clearly a WW2 weapon.

And then there is also the MG-3 which is officially a derivative of a WW2 gun and as such not a WW2 weapon per se. But as far as I can tell, the 3D model of this gun in the game seems to be of the actual MG-42 from WW2 that the MG-3 is derived from. Now I'm not 100% sure and not historic weapons nerd enough to verify this, but I believe the MG-3 did not use this anti Aircraft sight, that can be folded up. The 3D model in the game definitely has it though.

Either way, the MG-3 is really just a rechambered MG-42 from WW2 to shoot slightly smaller NATO rounds anyways.

Classic Darwin Method Contraception

• The AK-47 isn't a WW2 weapon, so we have no idea what you are talking about. MG3 is okay, since it isn't something you'd see in a World War 2 game. Guns like the M1 Garand and MP 40 need to stay in the past, though, but derivatives are okay.

• The AK-47 isn't a WW2 weapon, but it's old af lol. And the M1911 (tac ops pistol) is even older, used in WW1.

I totally agree some weapons (MP40, M1 Garand etc) would feel out of place in a modern shooter, but I think weapons from the 80s, maybe 70s are ok.

• Personally speaking, I'd like to see those weapons in the game. Even if I feel like this will never really happen.

Mind you, I am just another random person on the internet who most likely knows not a whole lot about weapons, and finds them appealing only on the look (except some that are universally approved as bad). I will try my best to list weapons that are still in use though. And I also am not a video game developper, so I do not know how to put those in terms of gameplay value. But hell, I am posting this just for fun in the end.

The OTs-38 Stetchkin

ОЦ-38 Стечкин

(I intended to post some pictures, but I could find no high quality copyright-free images. M'sorry !)

The OTs-38 Stechkin is a 5-shot, double-action revolver, in production and service since 2002, chambered in the silent 7.62×42mm SP-4 cartridge.

[Link to the Wikipedia page]

The OTs-33 Pernach

ОЦ-33 Пернач

The OTs-33 Pernach (ОЦ-33 Пернач, Russian for "multivaned mace, pernach") is a Russian 9x18 Makarov machine pistol, derived from the 5.45 mm OTs-23 Drotik machine pistol.

Yes, this one isn't in use anymore... but it looks so nice, and is rather recent, I figured I should still post it. At least, you know this one now. And I hope you'll remember it.

The Jericho 941

The Jericho 941 is a double-action/single-action semi-automatic pistol developed by Israel Military Industries (now: Israel Weapon Industries) that was launched in 1990.

[Link to the Wikipedia Page]

The 9A-91 Avtomat

9A-91 автомат

The 9A-91 is a carbine assault rifle currently in use with Russian police forces. It was designed to be a cheaper and more versatile alternative to the SR-3 "Vikhr".

I thought about the AS Val first, but since this one got an integrated suppressor, it wouldn't have been fair compared to other ARs present in the game.

The Daewoo Telecom K7

K7 소음기관단총

The Daewoo Telecom K7 is a 9×19mm Parabellum submachine gun with an integral suppressor used by the Republic of Korea Armed Forces. It is based on the Daewoo K1A submachine gun, but is simplified by utilizing a blowback action rather than the gas impingement system of its parent firearm.

I wanted to put a bit more in there, but felt like it would be too much.

On a side note, while the game is set in the future, I can understand it's surprising to find weapons such as the AK47, the Dragunov or even the M1911 (TAC-OPS) in there. But all of those firearms are still in use today, and got multiple versions derived from them.

Plus, do we need to take this game's set on a serious tone ? Sure, it could bother some people's mind, but it isn't a game breaking point. It won't stop people from actually having fun. The weapons are still represented accurately, and avoid minor details that might ruin the gameplay. Thus we should still avoid weaponry that doesn't fit in the 21st century, or at least don't put too much of it, no offense intended.

• The AK-47 isn't a WW2 weapon, but it's old af lol. And the M1911 (tac ops pistol) is even older, used in WW1.

I totally agree some weapons (MP40, M1 Garand etc) would feel out of place in a modern shooter, but I think weapons from the 80s, maybe 70s are ok.

So I learn something new again... I always thought the Ak-47 was older, but its obviously just almost as old as a WW2 weapon. :-)

Rather than modern real weapons I personally would have preferred to see a more sci-fi style of futuristic guns in this game.

Not because it would be cool to have futuristic guns, but much rather because it would simply avoid all those unrealistic comparisons of the guns virtual behavior not even remotely reflecting their real life counterparts.

Classic Darwin Method Contraception

Tac-Ops =/= M1911
    "An improved version of the beloved M1911, a large caliber semi-automatic pistol. Although it has a limited magazine, it packs superior stopping power."

Tac-Ops =/= M1911
    "An improved version of the beloved M1911, a large caliber semi-automatic pistol. Although it has a limited magazine, it packs superior stopping power."

Yeah I know its description says that. What I don't know, tho, is what improvements are these...

Besides, I'm not a gun expert but I believe the M1911 hasn't changed much throughout the years.

• u do notice theres not much new weapons being made. most of them are just being enhanced like M16A4, M60E4, M4A1 and stays prob like 10 or more years in service. an AR like Sar-21 may sound new but it was in service from 1999 and even FN SCAR started in 2009.

So what we are saying about the near future is actually modern. the only thing this game can show that it is near future, is showing future tech ie exoskeletons, railguns etc that actually works

<3Misfire<3

<3Orange Diamond with Blue Background<3

<3Celebrations DSR<3

<3Quickscoping most of the time<3

<3ironsight_20180524115517.png<3

<3:(ironsight_20180524154328.png:(<3

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gif

The post was edited 1 time, last by Misfire ().

• I like if Ironsight Team introduce a World War II Collection of guns and equipaments

Dude, this game is based in the near future. Weapons from WW2 would be considered extremely primitive for the setting of this game.

so your near future is the a mix of past, present and the "near future" becuse MG3 is designed during the world war II. And many of them are designed 30/40 years ago